Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Rotterdam Marriott - Netherlands [Master Thread]

Old Jan 13, 16, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening in early 2016. Rebranding from The Manhattan Hotel to Rotterdam Marriott. No category yet or info on exec lounge on website.

"Inviting and elegant at the heart of Rotterdam. Located in city center, opposite Rotterdam Central Station. 25 Minutes from AMS Schiphol and 10 minutes from RTM Airport.

Official Tournament Hotel: Our location is a perfect choice for the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament February 8-14"
Old Jan 13, 16, 8:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
I just posted this on the "Master thread for new hotels and divestitures" thread, but it would be better here.

The hotel opened in 2000 as The Westin Rotterdam.

In 2012, it rebranded as The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam.

More on the conversion to Marriott: http://www.manhattanhotelrotterdam.c...s/announcement
Old Jan 13, 16, 9:18 am
Original Poster

From Horace's link:

"The hotel rooms will be renovated from 1 November and the hotel lobby will also be given a complete face-lift. The aim is to create a new arrival experience and vibrant meeting point in the heart of Rotterdam, for guests, business travellers, office users and passers-by.

The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam is located in the impressive Millenium Tower, opposite Rotterdam Central Station in the heart of the city centre of Rotterdam. This leading luxury hotel of Rotterdam boasts 230 comfortable and spacious Rooms and Suites, approximately 600 square meters in flexible and multi-variable meeting and events space, an international oriented Brasserie and Bar, an Executive Lounge, Business Centre, Lobby Café and a fully equipped and state-of-the-art Fitness studio.

The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam is the largest congress and convention hotel in Rotterdam, through its internal connection with De Doelen ICC via walk-way bridge"
Old Jan 19, 16, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Looking at the guest rooms at this property, it shows exec lounge open daily 6am-10pm.

Cheers.
Old Mar 20, 17, 1:07 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Any word on the Marriott Rotterdam recent experience? Is the exec. lounge any good? Choosing between Marriott and Hilton.
Old Mar 20, 17, 3:45 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH), Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
I will be staying there this Saturday.
New property for me.
Old Mar 27, 17, 2:58 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH), Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Just completed a Saturday night stay at the Rotterdam Marriott.
The location of the hotel could not be better, as I arrived at/departed from the Rotterdam Centraal Railway Station.

Staff at reception were exceedingly friendly and helpful, as I needed to be at a music venue on Saturday night.
I was given correct directions with the city tram.

Executive Room was spacious and with large windows for a great view.

Breakfast in restaurant was excellent. Lots of choices and lots of fresh fruits.
Free drink at the lobby bar was also offered.

This will certainly be my regular hotel in Rotterdam.
Old Mar 27, 17, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Was the exec lounge actually open on the weekend, or did they give you full brekkie+drink chit because the lounge was closed? Let me know & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Mar 27, 17, 7:36 am

Executive Lounge is open 6am-midnight, 7 days a week.
Drink offer was in addition to the lounge.

I took breakfast in the restaurant due to the greater assortment of choice.
Old Sep 8, 17, 8:00 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I spent 1 night here last week. As another posted said, the location is excellent. It is right across from Centraal Station and the views from the (very small) club lounge are excellent. They are opening an M Club soon thought - I think later this year.

I was upgraded to a executive room or suite or something (sorry can't remember exactly) but it was a bigger room on the club floor. Very nice! As a Plat welcome gift I got a fruit and nut tray plus an entire bottle of wine and a coupon for a free cocktail at the bar. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good.

Location is great for touring. I never needed to even take the tram - it's about a 20 min walk to everything. Hotel is very new (pretty sure it's been renovated from an older hotel).

I would 100% recommend it if you're in Rotterdam.
Old Sep 9, 17, 2:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just noticed I did not post my review after my stay end of last year.
Indeed the location of this property is close to ideal, for both transportation and access to the city center or for business travellers with some major companies in the area.
Agree that the lounge is super small, but on the other hand, evening offerings is very limited to some finger foods.
I was upgraded to a junior suite the last time with a view of the station and beyond.
The staff are indeed very helpful and friendly.

Hopefully this property stays as a Marriott for a longer term, as previously it started first as a Westin for ~ 2 years, than became a non-chain hotel (can't remember it's name) for ~3 years and now a Marriott.

Cheers!
Old Nov 3, 17, 9:01 pm

is this a good hotel to stay in for Amsterdam?
Old Nov 4, 17, 5:34 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Mileage Plus Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by hchang2017 View Post
is this a good hotel to stay in for Amsterdam?
This hotel is a 40-60 minute train ride to Amsterdam Central. It is right across from Rotterdam Central, so total commute time isn't much more. If you don't mind the commute this would work. Otherwise, you might want to check these threads instead.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-marriott.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...amsterdam.html
Old Mar 24, 19, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXEC PLT 2 MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXPL, Accor SLV, BW DIA, IHG PLT, UA GLD
Any updates for recent stays? Particularly interested in Executive or M lounge and Titanium hotel-specific benefits. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 4, 19, 7:48 am

Programs: AC Altitude E50K;HH Gold, Hertz Gold, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Priority Pass
My wife and I are going to stay at this hotel at the end of this month, booked two nights on reward points. We are Gold Marriott Bonvoy, I just wonder what are the chances of upgrading our room to Deluxe? I'd love to hear the experiences of upgrading, especially from Gold members. Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread