Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center - Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center - Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Stayed here on NYE. Chocolate and NYE grapes (Madrid/Spain thing) were in the room upon arrival.

The hot offerings in the evening at the lounge were straight up poor. I've been at better domestic lounges. The cold offerings were far better than the hot - had a few protein options and there was cut fruit. The mini baguettes was actually very good.

Surprise of the stay was the breakfast. Restaurant breakfast was offered (for all 3 of us), and it was surprisingly large and good. Fresh squeezed OJ and roasted asparagus were the highlights for me.

Free parking was offered as an elite.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have stayed at this hotel often and really enjoy the club lounge. Does anyone remember what time the food/drink service ends in the evening? Is it 9pm or 10pm?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jrich7970
All in all, though, it was a very nice hotel and they treated us very well. Upgraded us to an Executive Suite without me even asking, etc.
Second this. Stayed there on both ends of a trip to France for the Women's world cup (#4timechampions!!). Excellent staff and service.

Bus is also right outside, so a fairly easy trip into the city, albeit a little long.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 5:04 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Anyone stayed here recently?
Lounge is now 5-10pm and breakfast is buffet.
Wondering if worth paying $72 plus points for 2?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anngi
Anyone stayed here recently?
Lounge is now 5-10pm and breakfast is buffet.
Wondering if worth paying $72 plus points for 2?
I stayed recently but arrived too late for the main "hot food" service in the lounge. But was still enough cold food, fruit and snacks to get my young daughter fed reasonably. Local beer and wines of reasonable quality... Pre-COVID the hot food was more than enough for a meal, and I don't think much will have changed in that regard.

Breakfast is indeed in the restaurant buffet. It's a pretty ample selection, where instead of serving yourself there is somebody at each station to prepare a plate with whatever you choose.

$72? Depends on whether you value the convenience of a lounge vs. eating out at a restaurant. When I have a short overnight layover in MAD, this is my preferred hotel of any chain. When I have more time, the train into the city from T4 is so convenient that it makes sense to go stay in the city.

Note that the airport shuttle is running on a very odd schedule. Make sure it fits with your arrival and departure times or you'll be paying for a taxi on top.
anngi likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I stayed recently but arrived too late for the main "hot food" service in the lounge. But was still enough cold food, fruit and snacks to get my young daughter fed reasonably. Local beer and wines of reasonable quality... Pre-COVID the hot food was more than enough for a meal, and I don't think much will have changed in that regard.

Breakfast is indeed in the restaurant buffet. It's a pretty ample selection, where instead of serving yourself there is somebody at each station to prepare a plate with whatever you choose.

$72? Depends on whether you value the convenience of a lounge vs. eating out at a restaurant. When I have a short overnight layover in MAD, this is my preferred hotel of any chain. When I have more time, the train into the city from T4 is so convenient that it makes sense to go stay in the city.

Note that the airport shuttle is running on a very odd schedule. Make sure it fits with your arrival and departure times or you'll be paying for a taxi on top.
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by odd shuttle schedule? Just saw it is
"Every hour from 8:00 am to 12:00 midday and from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, from the Hotel Main Entrance to Departures in each Terminal." Isn't clear what the schedule is for Airport pickups and weird if you can't get a shuttle between 12 and 7pm. This used to be my go to hotel too for the lounge and convenience but may have to consider other options.
$72 is in addition to 17.500 points to get lounge access.

Last edited by anngi; Aug 28, 2021 at 12:06 pm
Old Aug 28, 2021, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anngi
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by odd shuttle schedule? Just saw it is
"Every hour from 8:00 am to 12:00 midday and from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, from the Hotel Main Entrance to Departures in each Terminal." Isn't clear what the schedule is for Airport pickups and weird if you can't get a shuttle between 12 and 7pm. This used to be my go to hotel too for the lounge and convenience but may have to consider other options.
$72 is in addition to 17.500 points to get lounge access.
There is no extra schedule for airport pickups. Just 30 minutes after leaving the hotel, the shuttle turns around and goes back thru all of the terminals. So, yes, if your flight arrives at 1pm you don't have a shuttle.
anngi likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 1:38 am

Programs: AA EXP UA Gold QR Platinum Hilton Gold FB Sinbad
First, disappointing stay at marriott madrid airport after covid absence

I am a Gold M Bonvoy and I have enjoyed my previous Marriott stays, my favourite hotel being the Marriott Marquis in Doha. After the forced absence by Covid, I checked into a two night stay at Marriott Airport Madrid. While the hardware was adequate and opulent for the price, I was disappointed at the loss of breakfast and Executive Lounge. That I can swallow but most of the staff were not friendly (except the F and B manager at the Bar), just doing their job without much enthusiasm.
I really do not see why you should try and say at Marriott when similar hotels are available at Madrid airport for similar price .
Old Dec 25, 2021, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by cochinjew
I am a Gold M Bonvoy and I have enjoyed my previous Marriott stays, my favourite hotel being the Marriott Marquis in Doha. After the forced absence by Covid, I checked into a two night stay at Marriott Airport Madrid. While the hardware was adequate and opulent for the price, I was disappointed at the loss of breakfast and Executive Lounge. That I can swallow but most of the staff were not friendly (except the F and B manager at the Bar), just doing their job without much enthusiasm.
I really do not see why you should try and say at Marriott when similar hotels are available at Madrid airport for similar price .
Gold members do not receive lounge or breakfast, it’s the rule…

For platinum this hotel is excellent. They give you breakfast, lounge, upgrades and even free parking if you ask. Very good value for money. The problem is location, it’s not near to Madrid if you want to do tourism, I wouldn’t recommend
small ring likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Airport Shuttles

Originally Posted by craigthemif
The hotel website now says:

Airport shuttle service, scheduled, complimentary Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Sun: 05:30 AM - 12:00 AM, Fri: 05:30 AM - 10:00 PM, Sat: 07:00 AM - 12:30 AM

So it sounds like it's back to operating during more conventional hours - although there's nothing that describes the frequency with which it operates during those hours...
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are the club lounge and breakfast still available to Titanium members here? or are they closed due to Covid? Has anyone been during Omicron? Is the lounge buffet and drink selection still self-service or only served by staff now at the table? I have a stay in two weeks and will choose another hotel if the lounge here is closed.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are the club lounge and breakfast still available to Titanium members here? or are they closed due to Covid? Has anyone been during Omicron? Is the lounge buffet and drink selection still self-service or only served by staff now at the table? I have a stay in two weeks and will choose another hotel if the lounge here is closed.
Early december breakfast for elites was in the buffet and lounge was opened just a few hours in the evening (reduced schedule)
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by santydrak
Early december breakfast for elites was in the buffet and lounge was opened just a few hours in the evening (reduced schedule)
Thanks! That's better than nothing. Was it self-serve food and drinks like before? This used to be quite the generous spread.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Thanks! That's better than nothing. Was it self-serve food and drinks like before? This used to be quite the generous spread.
I wasn’t there in the end. But they told me that on the phone…
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked out; it was nice to be back after a two-year hiatus. A few things to note:

-Club lounge open 5pm-10:30pm with self-serve drinks and buffet like before. Buffet is vastly reduced with fewer salads, fruits, meats and cheeses. There is still a hot option.
-Breakfast is in the normal restaurant, but the offering seems pared back slightly.
-Airport shuttle only runs hourly, and it misses some important time windows
-Staff is as excellent as before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.