Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Minsk Marriott Belarus [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minsk Marriott Belarus [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Went to Minsk for a conference in mid August, and stayed at the Marriott on points for five nights, which was a great deal. The Marriott is a bit far out, and the Renaissance is slightly better located, but it was full, so I went with the Marriott in the end.

I was upgraded to a suite several days in advance (according to the app). I booked a airport pick up through the hotel, and everything went smoothly. However, next time I would probably just take a regular cab, as those were way cheaper, and my collegues had good experiences with them. Check-in was swift and warm. The suite was nice, with a balcony and a nice view. Identical to the photos posted above. The only thing I didnt like was the bathroom, really small, no bathtub, annoying shower, annoying doors. But I had a great stay apart from that!

As we were out till early morning every single day I did not have the chance to try the breakfast. The FD agent said I could have it in the restaurant as well. The lounge was okey, there seemed to be food at all times, and staff came by to change the items/clean/restock quite frequently. However, I did not spend much time there, and got to try the "alcohol hours" only once, for like 10 minutes. But it seemed okey. There was a good selection of food, and beer/wine.

I tried the SPA once, a couple of saunas and a small pool and whirlpool. I had some drinks at the bar in the lobby, the drinks were cheap and okey. The bar is open 24 hours.

I used both UBER and the Bavaria cars, I did not have any issue with either of them. UBER were way cheaper of course.

There is a cinema in the same building, and a shopping mall 10-15 minutes away by foot. Really easy to walk there, nice and large footpaths. The mall wasn't that interesting and quite outdated, but had a large supermarket. Nice for restocking or buying some Belarussian produce to take home Apart from that there isnt many interesting things to do in the immediate vincinity of the hotel - except the vast offices of President Lukasjenko - located just opposite the mall.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by skrosvik

I used both UBER and the Bavaria cars, I did not have any issue with either of them. UBER were way cheaper of course.

Yes Bavaria are more or less double price than uber.. but the difference of service and car quality really worth it.
And It has be mentioned than we talk about few dollars... city center to marriott price difference between uber and Bavaria is maybe 2 or 3 dollars.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by skrosvik
I booked a airport pick up through the hotel, and everything went smoothly. However, next time I would probably just take a regular cab, as those were way cheaper,
They use the Bavaria non branded car for limo service next time uber or Bavaria booked directly is the best option from MSQ. Because marriott charges 3 times the Bavaria rate than you can get for the same exact car.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by frenchft
They use the Bavaria non branded car for limo service next time uber or Bavaria booked directly is the best option from MSQ. Because marriott charges 3 times the Bavaria rate than you can get for the same exact car.
Yeah, I noticed that the car at the airport was all white, without taxi signs outside, only inside I saw the Bavaria signs. I took a UBER back to the airport. Will book directly with Bavaria next time. Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
[QUOTE=DrRodneyMcKay;29275076]
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know if the Renaissance has a better city-center location? I would like to be within walking distance of most of the sites. Also planning on using Uber in Belarus...any past experiences?[/QUOT

Being from Minsk/having grown up there, I can confirm that the Marriott doesn't have a great location from center-city and the sights - in fact, it's quite far. The Renaissance is marginally better (it looks like it's "behind" the train station) but also not ideal. The best-located hotels in Minsk tend to be the non-points ones - I'd honestly recommend getting a cash rate at one of them, as they're pretty cheap and you'll be in a fantastic location. I don't know about Uber, but Minsk is a really walkable city. It's also got two subway lines, and most of the major sights (architecture, art museum, national library, old city, opera house) are on one of them.

p.s. always happy to give Minsk sightseeing tips, if needed.
Any tour guides recommended in Minsk and Belarus in general?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.