Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance New York City Midtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bennos
  • Lobby & executive lounge are located on the 6th floor.
  • Lounge is open on weekends for soft drinks only. Breakfast on weekends at the restaurant - voucher for continental breakfast and tip. (Not $30/$60 credit as of October 2016.)
    • As of July 2021, the Lounge remains closed "due to COVID" probably at least until September
  • Executive lounge has no espresso machine and coffee/tea are only available during breakfast and evening cocktail hours.
  • No option to buy beer/wine/cocktails in executive lounge - need to order from lobby bar.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance New York City Midtown [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Looking forward to my stay next week!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Staying at this hotel tonight. Unfortunately there is no Honor Bar in the lounge. Beyond that I am quite impressed.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:56 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dennism
Staying at this hotel tonight. Unfortunately there is no Honor Bar in the lounge. Beyond that I am quite impressed.
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Are beer, wine and/or liquor available on request?

If you have a moment, others would benefit from any lounge details, such as food offerings, crowding, etc., that you could share.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DELee
$60/credit/day @ Rock & Reilly's or 750 points/day.

CL closes at 12 Noon on Friday and then reopens at 5 PM on Sunday.

David
$60? That's nice! Looking forward to my stay in 10 days
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Are beer, wine and/or liquor available on request?

If you have a moment, others would benefit from any lounge details, such as food offerings, crowding, etc., that you could share.
I am a bit confused if it is actually a status accessed lounge now. First time I was there door was held open for me, just went back down and the door opened without scanning my card, plus no honor bar.

The "Club Lounge" had honey nuts spicy nuts charcuterie wide assortment of Sanpelligrino, Sprite, Coca Cola "boxed water is better"

Crowds were minimal and they are allegedly sold out tonight. The hotel seems to have a few kinks to work out. Frankly the elevator system is more complicated than necessary and will be confusing to pretty much every person that enters the hotel. The elevator system does not yet need a key card to activate as stated on the panel.

There is a hotel bar immediately outside of the lounge. I am guessing they want the sales. Or perhaps it is simply not set up yet.

Is there another lounge I am missing?

Last edited by dennism; Apr 19, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
I stayed here a couple of weeks ago for one night. The location is great, and it is a nice FS addition to the midtown area, especially if you want to stay away from the Times Square action. As someone else posted nice photos of the rooms (mine was the same). I was very happy with the room overall. As noted, the elevator system is similar (but even a little more complex) to the no-button-inside systems at the Marriott Marquis NYC and JW DC (and, I'm sure others). However, there is another step in that you actually have to push a button first to select your general range of floors before you can push your room's floor. Once you've figured it out (and it's not that hard), it is fine. You take the elevator up from the ground floor to the lobby level, but what's nice is that once you've checked in, you can go from your room's floor directly to the street. i.e., there is no need to switch elevator banks at the lobby level.

The CL was both impressive and disappointing at the same time. It is quite nice aesthetically, and they had a nice mix of items for breakfast. In addition, the fridge had COKE products (I was shocked! I grabbed a couple of Diet Cokes and scurried away before they got replaced with Pepsi!)!! There was a pretty nice spread (pastries, breads, fruits; even smoked salmon); much nicer than the standard FS lounge in that sense; but, as has been noted, there was no "hot" food. Oddly, they had a plate of bacon set out, and a bowl of hard boiled eggs. But, no buffet-style warmed eggs/potatoes/sausages/etc. I definitely prefer a nice hot breakfast, so that was a thumbs down for me on that point, BUT again, the lounge and spread was very nice otherwise.

The other negative about the lounge was it didn't appear there was much (or anything) in the evening. When I first checked in around 6pm-ish, they had some light hor d'ouevres, but when I peeked in again around 8pm-ish, it was totally empty (whereas in almost every other FS lounge, there'd be some minor desserts laid out). You could still grab some waters/sodas, though.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
$60? That's nice! Looking forward to my stay in 10 days
Stayed here this weekend & they indicated that the voucher was good for $30 if it was one person, or $60 for two people at the 5th floor restaurant. Also, the Grand Opening Promotion rate lists two beers or soft drinks as the benefit - but the vouchers at the hotel weren't specific, and the bartender let us use the coupons for the $16 cocktails instead.

Not a bad deal.
Old May 10, 2016, 4:34 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Last night was my second stay at this property. Platinum upgrade to a 28th floor room view a view. Front desk clerk made a point in letting me know they don't upgrade to suites on the top floors which sell for thousands a night.

I have to say I really like this property's room layout and aesthetics.

Interesting lounge appetizers last night (including frog). Breakfast better this time than my last stay, although they are seriously lacking in a toaster. Still cold/continental, but with some additional touches, well presented.
Old May 11, 2016, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:46 pm

Back at this hotel for a week starting today. Lounge is still funky. There was effectively nothing out at 630 beyond nuts, compared to th much lower cost Stamford Marriott the lounge does not stack up well at all, beyond aesthetically.

Hotel is beautiful otherwise and staffed wonderfully but there needs to be some attention given to the lounge. The 30$ credit is far in excess of the value of the lounge from what I have seen thus far, so not a bad weekend option.
Old May 16, 2016, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by dennism
Back at this hotel for a week starting today. Lounge is still funky. There was effectively nothing out at 630 beyond nuts, compared to th much lower cost Stamford Marriott the lounge does not stack up well at all, beyond aesthetically.

Hotel is beautiful otherwise and staffed wonderfully but there needs to be some attention given to the lounge. The 30$ credit is far in excess of the value of the lounge from what I have seen thus far, so not a bad weekend option.
Talk to the GM & let him/her know. If they're going to promote this hotel & also w/ a lounge, they need to bring their A game to the lounge. They won't change from nuts if no one says anything.

Cheers.
Old May 18, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I stayed here a few weeks back. I enjoyed it. I spoke with the GM a few weeks before coming and I was due to be the FIRST person to stay in one of the suites up on the (for now) top floor. Unfortunately the first room had a shade problem as it has remotes and the remotes had gone missing - no way to manually lower. And the second suite next door had no AC. LOL. Great looking rooms. Even BETTER ones to come on the top (yet to be finished) floors. I'm going back in July and the GM already upgraded me into one of the suites.

I agree the lounge was a bit lacking. Breakfast had no hot items, but was still good. The interesting thing is they have BOX water.
Old May 20, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Hope to stay here later this summer. For anyone who has stayed there already, any reports pro/con on the noise from the concrete floors? When I saw that my first thought was that you'd hear every step, drop, scratch, etc. from your upstairs neighbor. Also from under the door from the hallway with no carpet to block sound.

But in the reviews so far I don't see any comments on noise. thoughts?
Old May 21, 2016, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
Hope to stay here later this summer. For anyone who has stayed there already, any reports pro/con on the noise from the concrete floors? When I saw that my first thought was that you'd hear every step, drop, scratch, etc. from your upstairs neighbor. Also from under the door from the hallway with no carpet to block sound.

But in the reviews so far I don't see any comments on noise. thoughts?
no noise issues that I can recall and I am quite sensitive.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
no noise issues that I can recall and I am quite sensitive.
No noise issues for me. Quite nicely one can set the AC to run 24/7 without turning off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.