Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Media Jakarta [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Media Jakarta [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
so i sent an email to the gm of this property after my horrible stay here last month....my email said pretty much the same thing as my earlier post on this thread....i finally got a reply from them today....here it is:

Dear Mr. Saad,

Greetings from Sheraton Media Hotel & Tower, Jakarta.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenient experience when staying with us last June.

I was very shocked to read your email and honestly herewith to inform you that none of our staff reported this incident to me.

I have investigated all issues line by line, and again here, would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may caused you and your wife. And a gesture of our concern to this matter, I have reimbursed your hotel bill at the amount of IDR x,xxx,xxx to your Amex card No. xxxx xxxxxx xxxxx, and considered your stay as complimentary. For your information, it will take approximately 14 days from the date of transaction until the money is received by the credit card bank.

I also would like you to accept our two-night complimentary stay at our Suite for your next visit.

Please let me or my secretary – Indri Micheline at [email protected] knows about your visit, so we can make necessary arrangement for you.

Thank you for giving us another chance to serve you better and I personally look forward to having you stay again with us in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Julius Slamet

General Manager
t — 62.21.626.3001 f — 62.21.626.3021

SHERATON MEDIA HOTEL & TOWERS
Jl. Gunung Sahari Raya No. 3 Jakarta 10720

sheraton.com/jakarta
all i was expecting was an apology so this gesture is very much appreciated....i don't have any trips to jakarta in the foreseeable future but when i do go back i'm still undecided whether to take up their 2 free night offer in a suite....i guess time will tell....thanks to thyetus for his help in resolving this....
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Good to know they stand behind their hotel. I'll be there tomorrow night.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by schley
Good to know they stand behind their hotel. I'll be there tomorrow night.
i would still advise you to go to the le méridien instead....

i would much rather have a good stay as compared to compensation or an apology afterwards....
Old Jul 16, 2010, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by saad
i would still advise you to go to the le méridien instead....

i would much rather have a good stay as compared to compensation or an apology afterwards....
In the middle of a mattress run. Got it for $45 cheaper than the Le Meridien. But thanks I hope it is at least an average stay.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
In the middle of a mattress run. Got it for $45 cheaper than the Le Meridien. But thanks I hope it is at least an average stay.
I've stayed there many times, always on a mattress run. Never spent the night there before. Great for mattress run, but not great to actually stay there. The Plat recognition is The Worst I've ever seen. Been plat for 9 years, and all they offer is a weak tower lounge. Tower rooms are no better than regular rooms. Same size, perhaps a little better decor.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

all the best....
Old Jul 17, 2010, 2:24 am

so far so good. 1 1/2 hours leaving at noon from the airport to get here by taxi. Jeez my first Jakarta traffic experience and it reminds me of the philippines actually.

Upgraded to a suite on the 18th floor. Tried the room service for lunch and it was reasonably priced. As a bonus they have ESPN and caught some British Open from yesterday.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so far so good. 1 1/2 hours leaving at noon from the airport to get here by taxi. Jeez my first Jakarta traffic experience and it reminds me of the philippines actually.

Upgraded to a suite on the 18th floor. Tried the room service for lunch and it was reasonably priced. As a bonus they have ESPN and caught some British Open from yesterday.
are you sure you are at the same property????
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:00 am

are you sure you are at the same property????
I guess I will jinx myself. We will see how I end up. I'm at the Sheraton Bandara tomorrow night.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess I will jinx myself. We will see how I end up. I'm at the Sheraton Bandara tomorrow night.
great for hotel hopping but nothing to do at that property as well....its right next to the airport....
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:17 am

great for hotel hopping but nothing to do at that property as well....its right next to the airport....
Other than golfing, spa and free shuttle to airport for early morning flight?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Other than golfing, spa and free shuttle to airport for early morning flight?
pretty much....

i liked this property though....its out of the way & has an old feel to it but the staff was great & the food was good as well....
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
I agree with most previous poster, the Meridien is by far the best SPG property in Jakarta. The airport Sheraton is a decent hotel, apart from the previously mentioned advantages, it also features a nice pool. The Sheraton Media is not really advisable, although staff is nice.

However, a main factor is always the location within Jakarta. You can spend hours in the traffic jam, if you are staying in the wrong place. The Sheraton Media can be very convenient if you are doing business nearby - that definitely outweighs the other disadvantages.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 9:23 am

meh

Compared to the rest of LMs in Asia, the one in Jakarta is in my bottom 3. They have 22 year old mattresses. Bet you didn't know that. Grand Hyatt ftw!
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by karlos
Compared to the rest of LMs in Asia, the one in Jakarta is in my bottom 3. They have 22 year old mattresses. Bet you didn't know that. Grand Hyatt ftw!
welcome to ft....

you do realise this is a thread for the sheraton????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.