Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Dallas Victory Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Dallas Victory Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ohiosux
I'm not finding any good rates (sub $200) at this property and they don't offer Government rates. Any suggestions?
Since you asked?

Another date?
Another SPG property in Miami/Miami Beach?
Another SPG property in S. Florida?
Old May 12, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Since you asked?

Another date?
Another SPG property in Miami/Miami Beach?
Another SPG property in S. Florida?
We're talking Dallas here brah

OP - how far are you willing to go? Westin / LM Galleria both pretty nice options.
Old May 13, 2016, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
We're talking Dallas here brah

OP - how far are you willing to go? Westin / LM Galleria both pretty nice options.
Holy foot in the mouth BatMan. How in the world did I mix up Dallas with Miami? MY BAD!

But questions still remain?
  • Different hotel in the Dallas?
  • Cash & Points?
  • The LeMeridien is solid. It's an option.
  • The Westin Downtown has been open 4/5 months now. Not a lot of reviews, but an option.
  • The Aloft downtown seems to be non standard/non cookie cutter. The Aloft along with the Sheraton, could be an option.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:43 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Has anyone stayed here recently? The reviews from 2013 describe it as a frat party scene, but I haven't seen many reviews from the last couple years. I booked this for 2 nights while attending a wedding in Dallas (wedding is not at the hotel). I am okay with the typical W trendy / party vibe, but don't want to deal with ragers that go until 7am.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Question W Dallas Hotel

Anyone know why I would not be able to use my Suite Night Certificates at the W Dallas? I tried to use them for a stay next weekend, but the app says "We're sorry. Your Suite Night Awards can't be used toward this reservation". It is a full price, cash reservation for 2 nights. I have 3 nights still in my bank to use. Any ideas?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Are suites available to purchase? It could be full?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
Are suites available to purchase? It could be full?
I called the hotel with an unrelated question this AM, and asked. he said they were not full and had plenty of suites and rooms. The agent wasn't sure why I couldn't apply them. He suggested I call the Platinum line and ask. I am going to call them in a few minutes. I was hoping maybe there was an obvious reason I just didn't know about before I called to sit on hold forever. Seems these days (as in last 2 weeks), anytime i call, it isn't the dedicated Platinum line, just regular marriott help line.
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Prepaid stay, which is too difficult for the Marriott IT hamsters to process?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Prepaid stay, which is too difficult for the Marriott IT hamsters to process?
Wasn't prepaid. I called the Marriott Bonvoy line and after they could not get it to take, they called the hotel and just got me the upgrade without using my SNA's. We'll see what happens on Friday when I check in. I printed and screen shot the upgraded room notation on my reservation. I am now kind of curious if I get upgraded more as a Platinum member...
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:06 am

How is the elite breakfast here? This will be a one night Saturday with family if that makes any difference.

Is this better than the newly renovated Marriott downtown?

Will use a suite upgrade cert if that makes a difference in term of which hotel to pick.

Looking for a semi luxury hotel at a minimum.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by neuro0
How is the elite breakfast here? This will be a one night Saturday with family if that makes any difference.

Is this better than the newly renovated Marriott downtown?

Will use a suite upgrade cert if that makes a difference in term of which hotel to pick.

Looking for a semi luxury hotel at a minimum.
Elite breakfast is pretty good, although service in the restaurant can be slow at times. Weekends are not my favorite time at this hotel, because it gets less business travelers and more of a traditional W scene, but still not too bad.

I think the property is nicer than all the properties downtown (Marriott/Westin/Sheraton) with the exception of the Adolphus. The downside to the Adolphus is that downtown can be depressingly dead on weekends. I personally prefer the Le Meridien (and Ritz, but it always seems to be stupid $$$) for a weekend stay, but I would have no issues with staying anywhere around downtown other than the Sheraton or Aloft.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by spgplat21
Elite breakfast is pretty good, although service in the restaurant can be slow at times. Weekends are not my favorite time at this hotel, because it gets less business travelers and more of a traditional W scene, but still not too bad.

I think the property is nicer than all the properties downtown (Marriott/Westin/Sheraton) with the exception of the Adolphus. The downside to the Adolphus is that downtown can be depressingly dead on weekends. I personally prefer the Le Meridien (and Ritz, but it always seems to be stupid $$$) for a weekend stay, but I would have no issues with staying anywhere around downtown other than the Sheraton or Aloft.

i agree with this, and will add that my suite night awards have always been very good with the W. Big corner suite with great view of downtownand the AA Center.
Old May 11, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Since there are no reviews post Pandemic, I thought I'd add one. Terrible stay. Surly attendants, old and tired interiors. The housekeeping had used so much air freshener, you could literally taste it. They changed the room, and had the same issue. Finally had them use an ozone machine to bring it to an acceptable level. Elite brekkie is 30USD pp at the Restaurant only.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Any..recent stays? On business for four nights and the W is close enough to the conference (Hyatt Regency) where I'm OK with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.