Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Santiago, Chile (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Santiago, Chile (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Update from a recent visit. The hotel is undergoing a major renovation. My "new" room was very well-appointed and stylish. Dining room also redone nicely. No suite upgrade (some floors are currently off limits, maybe a shortage right now, and none were showing available for booking). Decent staff, acceptable breakfast. I don't like the new bar area setup, but it isn't that bad. New metro Linea 6 station is just around the back side.
RafKa likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:30 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
^ Any indication from the hotel when renovations would be done? (This wasn't the fanciest hotel I've stayed it, but it was perfectly reasonable for the low prices that are usually available at the property. Would be happy to stay there again the next time I was in Santiago.)
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by JY1024
^ Any indication from the hotel when renovations would be done? (This wasn't the fanciest hotel I've stayed it, but it was perfectly reasonable for the low prices that are usually available at the property. Would be happy to stay there again the next time I was in Santiago.)
No idea. My floor smelled like it has just been completed. At least 2 floors were blocked from elevator access.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 8:23 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Four Points by Sheraton Santiago Review

Four Points by Sheraton Santiago

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Santa Magdalena No 111 Santiago, CL 751 0038

Four Points by Sheraton Santiago Review (12 Photos)

We had three stays there over the course of about a week, 1 night, 2 nights and 1 night. Santiago served as a good hub to explore the broader area. Each time we had the same room, 1501.

Overall the hotel appeared to have a fairly low occupancy.

Check In

The check in staff were ´friendly and quick about the check in. The mobile app check in does not really work here because they are required to scan your passport and PDI document (which exempts you from paying VAT on the hotel stay).

A special call out to Vanessa for providing excellent service.

I had booked a standard room. The first stay was on points, the other two were cash rates. I always was updated to the larger room. Not sure what this room is called.

As an amenity I was offered 500 points or daily breakfast.

I did the mobile check out all three times. Each time I had to remind them later in the day within the app to email me the invoice.

We loved the location. The hotel has the best tourist location of the Bonvoy hotels, in my opinion. There are lots of restaurants and a metro station nearby. The hotel is also a short 20-minute Uber drive to SCL airport.

We really enjoyed being able to simply walk from this location to many places without needing a car or Uber.

Dining

We only tried the breakfast at this property. It was good, probably better than brand standard. The staff was attentive, there was a good selection of food and an omelette station.

Unfortunately I failed to snap a photo.

Room

It is my impression so far that many of the Bonvoy properties in South America are aging. This property is also showing such signs. However, it was acceptable.

Overall the room was spacious and the balcony offered a really nice view of the surrounding area. I liked the powerful air conditioner that allowed for a cool room to sleep well at night.

A4634688-5A0B-4FC0-9ABF-5E0C7A67FCCE.jpeg

Coffee maker plus two bottles of water each day in the entrance area41DFCE52-BC1A-47F7-8544-4831984F0FEE.jpeg

Each check in I received a nice welcom amenity with alcoholic beverages and Canapés with salmon. The first and third stays were two bottles of local beer. The second stay was a full bottle of Chilean sparkling wine, which was by coincidence from Viña de Mar, a vineyard we had visited the day before.14867C7B-AF27-4D6D-BD31-CBF64540B9CB.jpeg

The shower has a low ceiling cramped feeling. It was a bit tricky to get the right water pressure. The grouting around the shower pan could certainly use some attention, since it is looking rather old.

FF0596CE-605C-4919-BCAA-B7F0CFDF3736.jpeg

The walk in closet offers a safe and plenty of space.1191ACCA-9EBB-4C2B-A4AF-7E7E7D24E73A.jpeg

The sitting area has a second television.11453E92-879A-40B9-B1DE-539748C89AE4.jpegBAC40DD6-F064-4DE0-A704-E688EE084CA8.jpeg

The balcony is quite spacious and good for things like enjoying a bottle of sparkling wine. :)0DBC0863-EEF2-4A42-9A03-5A0AED904C8A.jpeg

The desk was ample for my needs with power points nearby.F17889F3-AF21-484D-957A-F2587B01CC5E.jpeg

The hotel greeted me each stay with some creative bathrobe or towel sculptures and a personal note.

F7DF26DA-FA47-46A7-A97E-F45A70F15518.jpeg

The hotel does have some adapters for the Chilean three pin outlets, but not that many. Only in the bathroom was there an outlet for international plugs.

Gym

The gym was perhaps the smallest I have ever seen. It is simply a converted hotel room.

F7E814EF-3DFC-4C75-B5D3-3F9294CDB876.jpeg

Pool

The pool should be viewed as a plunged pool - really small, but big enough to helps you cool off from the summer heat.

395AC0FB-39A6-48CA-8C5E-67FB7D7C48B5.jpeg

Four Points by Sheraton Santiago Review

Would you like to write a review on the Four Points by Sheraton Santiago?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.