Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Shanghai Central [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyard Shanghai Central [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Jiatong
Spending 4 nights now at this Courtyard. Breke now also offered on 2nd floor for Elite- (Gold/Plat), very firm with the ONE invite only guest for EL access.
Oh, BTW they did give me a suite upgrade, & I had a cheap weekend 'senior' rate. ( RMB-542 + tax), but have also had several past stays here in the last 5 years.
Having breakfast in the restaurant now, lounge is better IMO.

Overall this hotel is not bad, they gave me a room on the 30th floor where the lounge is which is nice since there are very few rooms there and you can treat the lounge like a large living room!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mster
Anyone stayed here after August 18th? Are the benefits for new Platinum / Platinum Premiers the same as they were for old Gold / Platinum?

Here is the benefits sheet I received this week
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
I was here Early Dec 4 nights. Enjoyed the lounge and a room on the 30th floor. Looks like no more breakfast offered in the lounge. Now will open at 10 am. Breakfast at 2nd floor only which I assume is Momo Cafe. A bit of a disappointment as the lounge was comfortable. Not sure if temporary or long term. Will fill in more details after 4 night stay early Feb 2019. Pool closed down too until Feb 10.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by kalo93406
I was here Early Dec 4 nights. Enjoyed the lounge and a room on the 30th floor. Looks like no more breakfast offered in the lounge. Now will open at 10 am. Breakfast at 2nd floor only which I assume is Momo Cafe. A bit of a disappointment as the lounge was comfortable. Not sure if temporary or long term. Will fill in more details after 4 night stay early Feb 2019. Pool closed down too until Feb 10.
I've just booked a weekend stay for March, and website says this is a permanent change...lounge opens at 10 am, and breakfast is in Moma Cafe.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by mster
Anyone stayed here after August 18th? Are the benefits for new Platinum / Platinum Premiers the same as they were for old Gold / Platinum?
Yes - they're the same. I've stayed here many times, the latest being a month ago. Plus the welcome points, which is new.

Last edited by Ismilee; Feb 15, 2019 at 5:58 pm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by Ismilee
I've just booked a weekend stay for March, and website says this is a permanent change...lounge opens at 10 am, and breakfast is in Moma Cafe.
I was back recently. Didn't enjoy the breakfast in Momo Cafe. A few of the higher quality choices we could enjoy every day in the lounge are not offered on the 2nd floor. The atmosphere is worse for what I like and it was noisy, cold from the lobby area, and kids being kids. The manager said we could request special items if we wanted it, but it's just trouble and a bit dramatic. Definitely a downgrade at this hotel for Platinum+. That being said it's still good to used the lounge during the day (some cake, cookies, fruit, juice, scones usually) and the evening horderves are nice with the complimentary drinks for two hours. I will likely look at other options though now. If the price is right (low) I might still come back here though.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. I'll also update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: BOS - UA 2P, SPG Plat
Breakfast - lounge?

What is included in the breakfast on the second floor for platinum / lounge access guests? Is it full buffet or continental buffet or a la cadre? What type of foods — any options ‘to order’?

Thanks!!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by mindgame
What is included in the breakfast on the second floor for platinum / lounge access guests? Is it full buffet or continental buffet or a la cadre? What type of foods — any options ‘to order’?

Thanks!!
It's a full buffet style breakfast for sure. As you come in from the elevators lots of different pasteries, breads, etc. Maybe 12 or more different choices. One difference there was ready made french toast in the lounge, on the 2nd floor was waffles that looked from a package. They had some juices there and fresh? watermelon juice. Coffee machine here also. Accross from that was some cheese and fruit and other things. Can't remember all. One difference here was some better cheeses/meats/smoked salmon in the lounge. Around the corner in the main area were salad items and other vegetables olives, a few meats etc. Across was things like dumplings, egg rolls etc. Might have been a noodle station there. One upgrade in the lounge was shrimp available for the noodle soup. On the end of the center section was something I can't remember 3 choices. Oh was just thinking one was bacon, but it's proccessed like packed together meat. Didn't take any. Other side of center area was stirfried type of things, noodles, vegetables, fish etc, about 8 different choices. Across at the kitchen opening was eggs to order and noodles I think. Anyway, it's a full breakfast, just didn't have a few upgrades that the lounge had. Lounge had less choices but a bit better quality on a few items. I'm sure I have some photos. Maybe could post sometime. As I said before I didn't enjoy it much. Likely would skip it sometimes. In the lounge I would just take a few of the specific upgraded items I enjoyed more, so for me the 2nd floor was a let down. I really don't like the processed meats that get used for noodles soups, etc. Won't eat that stuff.

If you have a chance try Four Points in Bangkok. Now that breakfast was really good. Many different styles and choices. Everyday they had some chicken or pork in different sauces. Japanese station, Chinese dimsum station, Indian station(3 choices always so tasty!),, Congee with 5 adds including shrimp, sushi, smoked salmon/fish, nice cheese better quality fruits... made to order eggs, noodles, the waffles were made directly. To much to list, but completely satisfying. The Courtyard F&B manager should take a holiday there and check out what can be done. Gained a kg or two on two four night stays.
mindgame likes this.

Last edited by kalo93406; Feb 16, 2019 at 11:02 am
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:30 pm

I've been staying at this particular hotel on and off for 7-8 years - I think the quality of the food has gone down a bit in general over that time. However, I never found the lounge breakfast options to be much different from the 2nd floor? Certainly for peace and quiet, etc it was better. Location, access to the metro and price are all great, though - especially with the opening of new metro lines a few years ago.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:39 pm

Super helpful thanks!!!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:41 am

Breakfast again

Hotel has informed me that breakfast is being offered in lounge again — can anyone confirm? Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hotel has informed me that breakfast is being offered in lounge again — can anyone confirm? Thanks!
Why not simply call them?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:31 pm

I can confirm. Happened to exchange emails about something there a few days ago and they told me the breakfast is back in the lounge. Too bad they didn't indicate that it was temporary to begin with, or maybe it was intended to be permanent, but too much push back..?? Anyway, I have a 4 night stay there in a month and I'm looking forward to the breakfast in the lounge again. The environment in the restaurant wasn't good IMO. I just sent a message to the hotel GM about the NOTICE (wrong now)displaying when booking via the App/Marriott.com.
mindgame likes this.

Last edited by kalo93406; Mar 3, 2019 at 2:43 pm
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
yes. I am here right now. Breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.