Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Reston, Virginia 2005 onward [Master Thread]

Sheraton Reston, Virginia 2005 onward [Master Thread]

Old Jul 5, 12, 7:47 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Haven't stayed yet, but they have a great offer going on for weekend stays. It is $69 a night including the club floor. It is pre-paid of course, but I know I am going to be there, so what the heck. I can usually get the Herndon property a little cheaper ($59 on StarPicks), but no guarentee of club floor. I am currently in the Goldrums working my way back to Plat.
Old Jul 5, 12, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A-List Pref & CP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I stayed for $71 on a Friday night to bump me up to plat. Nice hotel after the renovations - I even got the 1000 pt renovation bonus for that promo. Not much in walking distance but fine if you have a car. Didn't get club access.

Edit: nvm. I stayed at the Sheraton Tysons Corner. Reston does have a bunch of shops and restaurants about a 10-15 minute walk away.
Old Aug 25, 12, 11:20 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I'm staying here tonight. I booked the room about an hour ago and called to inquire about a Plat suite upgrade. I was told there were no suites available. When I told them I saw suites available online they said "oh, I know what it must be, a few floors are closed to have the carpets cleaned". Yeah, right! The Plat Concierge contacted the hotel and my suite upgrade was immediately confirmed. Hope the carpet is not too wet... Why on earth is upgrading so difficult sometimes??
Old Nov 16, 12, 1:44 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Better than your average Sheraton. Booked a room as I had some friends visiting from CA. Plus, I needed the stay credit (but keep that a secret!). Was upgraded to a top floor renovated Club room. Beds were very comfortable, and the room was updated and clean.

The Lounge had free soft drinks (juice, water, soda) around the clock, and had some simple snacks out in the evening. The shuttle to the airport runs every 30 minutes.
Old Apr 9, 13, 10:41 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Stayed here several times and cannot praise the staff enough. Receptions folks are the friendliest, most helpful people in any SPG East Property Ive encountered. Everyone knows you, everyone tries to help. If you are in Northern Virginia, this hotel is very hard to beat.

Little info:
Westin is across the street
Good shuttle service
The restaurant at the Sheraton is so-so (only drawback)
Old Nov 1, 15, 6:19 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Just did 5 nights here. Great staff, very nice public areas.

The lounge is apparently undergoing renovations, so generous accomodations for breakfast and afternoon libations were provided for in the hotel's restaurants; nice breakfast, by the way.

Alas, this is a Sheraton, so that means mixed results. Outside the common areas, the maintenance and upkeep tapers off and one is left with peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, water stains on the ceiling, inoperable outlets, etc.

I've also stayed at the Westin Reston Heights which is across the parking lot; a newer and nicer property.
Old Nov 7, 16, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA PRO 1MM, BA Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Just did a one night stay here for a mattress run as I was going to be just short of SPG50 and needed to be out by Dulles anyway.

Rate was $68 including breakfast, booked day of arrival (Saturday). Upon arrival I was given two chits for an appetizer or beer, and two more chits for breakfast buffets. My room was on the club floor and was in great shape; the club is open all weekend with soda, water, seltzer, and whole fruit and granola bars.

The bar was pretty quiet on a Saturday but they did have a couple of local craft beers on draft including Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager and Lost Rhino Face Plant.

The hotel runs a free shuttle to nearby Reston Town Center which isn't far, but could not safely be reached on foot. This was a great plus as I was able to go over for dinner and when I called for the return shuttle it was there within five minutes.

Breakfast the next morning was typical Sheraton buffet.

For my purposes this was a fantastic value.
Old May 21, 19, 7:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy, Hyatt, Hilton, BA, Delta, United
I had a recent stay this past weekend with my wife and I at this location for a particular occasion using the weekend sale rate promotion.

The staff at the Sheraton Reston are incredible. Prior to my stay, I called to make arrangements for flowers and champagne to be in the room, and they accommodated above and beyond.

Upon check-in, I was greeted as a Titanium, and given a choice of points or a gift from their gift shop. The gift shop pickings were somewhat slim, but we ended up choosing a gift over the points.

I was given a club-level "suite". In actuality it was two rooms connected by a door, with the bed removed from one of the rooms. It was really nice to have the extra room though, so no complaints. There was a note in the room that indicated that the property was still undergoing renovations, but I didn't feel like the room was in disrepair or was recently renovated, so I'm not sure if I may have just read too much into that letter or something.

The club lounge is open on the weekends, but they do NOT serve evening hors d'oeuvres or breakfast at the lounge on the weekends (Friday night to presumably Sunday morning). They did have granola bars and beverages available at the lounge. I was offered breakfast at their restaurant, and it was a standard Sheraton spread (as mentioned above). Scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, pancakes/french toast, oatmeal, breads/muffins.

Parking is free, in an area reserved specifically for Sheraton guests (the plaza is shared with the Westin and what looked to be an apartment complex/condos).

The Sheraton sits right across from the Reston National golf course, though the room I was assigned didn't have particularly great views of the course.

I was unable to utilize the pool (outdoors and open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day), but did visit the fitness center. The fitness center is nice, though not the biggest fitness center I've been to. It isn't the smallest either. It has a number of cardio machines and free weights.

I did see that they still offer shuttle service, but did not make use of the service. I believe the shuttle runs to the Reston Town Center (cool place to hang out), as well as the airport.

After check-out, I was informed that they would NOT be charging me for the flowers and champagne, which I was extremely thankful for. Alexis at the Sheraton Reston is a champ in my book!
Old Apr 7, 22, 1:21 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently? I see that the Sheraton Reston is newly renovated. I usually stay at the Reston Hyatt Regency, but was thinking about taking advantage of the double elite night promo while it is still around. I stayed at the Westin a couple of times last year, but found it rather drab...and no club lounge. Though, i'm sure the Sheraton's is probably closed due to "covid".

Search this Thread