Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Denver International Airport [Master Thread]

Westin Denver International Airport [Master Thread]

Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:02 pm

Stayed here last week and was upgraded to a Deluxe room automatically and (with some prodding) to a 1 bedroom executive suite at check in. Platinum breakfast was very good but the $25/pp does not cover alcohol so that was a bummer. I think it was a good use of a 35K cert for an early morning flight but their cash prices are a bit silly. It's pretty clear with the constant stream of flight crews that their ADR isn't that high so I wish their wouldn't soak guests that stay on their own dime.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by audio-nut
Stayed here last week and was upgraded to a Deluxe room automatically and (with some prodding) to a 1 bedroom executive suite at check in. Platinum breakfast was very good but the $25/pp does not cover alcohol so that was a bummer. I think it was a good use of a 35K cert for an early morning flight but their cash prices are a bit silly. It's pretty clear with the constant stream of flight crews that their ADR isn't that high so I wish their wouldn't soak guests that stay on their own dime.
Just hazarding a guess alongside my own odd experience with housekeeping knocking at like 8PM, but it sounds like they've got a lot of contract business (at sane, probably fixed) rates and are trying to make up some ground by hosing folks with bad flight times.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:00 am

Had great one-night stays here at the beginning and end of a recent trip. Modern, functional, clean rooms, nice gym and pool, and fantastic views in all directions (at least for someone like me who loves both mountains and airport operations equally ). On the latter stay was upgraded to a suite facing the mountains, which was extremely nice.

For a light sleeper like me, two major points: best automated blackout shades I've ever seen (in the suite), and soundproofing is amazing - was literally standing there with my ear to the window watching buses drive under my feet a couple floors below and couldn't hear a thing.

Breakfast is $25/pp in the restaurant downstairs, which was more than enough for substantial plates. And the wait staff knew how to treat the vouchers - explicitly stating "everything is included" and crossing out the tip line on the check, which is great compared to a lot of places that beg for tips on "free" breakfasts.

Obviously a lot of their business is package/negotiated rates; lots of flight crews of course and also seems to be a collecting point for folks coming in from Europe and crashing before starting their trips. They also seem to do a decent conference business - there was a big German pharma event going on during my second night. Makes enough sense I suppose - easy to get everyone in.

Rack rates were very high as others have noted, but very good use of points/certificates. I don't think that they're gouging/hosing people as some have posited; there are plenty of cheaper airport hotels a couple miles away and for someone who is using points, or for a business traveler with a reasonable rate cap (or company negotiated rates...) the utility of being right there, waking up, having a nice workout and breakfast and rolling onto an early AM flight can't really be disputed. No different than on-property hotels at ORD, DFW, PHL, etc.

Would happily stay again - got my trip off to a great start and finish.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:47 am

Stayed here with the kids prior to a 745am flight back east. Got in from the mountains around 4ish, valet let me leave the rental up front while we unloaded and went upstairs to check in, get settled in the room (15-20mins). I came down, returned rental, shuttled back, hotel is right on the terminal, so super convenient.

We had planned to just use the pool, play mini golf on the outdoor plaza and eat in one of the landside restaurants for dinner, but decided to take the train (directly below the hotel) into the city for one final dinner.

In the morning, bellhop arrived within 5 minutes of our call down. He was awesome... took us w/ luggage to check in counter and waited with us there in line (we we flying Frontier, so he had to walk all the way to the other end of the terminal to the Frontier counters)... as we were gate checking car seats, even came all the way up to the security line with us ... excellent service.

This was our second stay here, used points, and well worth it.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
If you stay here, close the curtains--apparently people can see into the rooms from below:

https://viewfromthewing.com/police-s...om-his-window/
https://viewfromthewing.com/united-a...m=BoardingArea
Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by donotblink
If you stay here, close the curtains--apparently people can see into the rooms from below:

"But Officer, I was just hanging out..."

David
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]

Um, that's from 2018.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Um, that's from 2018.
The post reported today that the pilot was filing suit against the Westin. Probably why it resurfaced.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:56 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Um, that's from 2018.
It wasn't previously referenced in the thread (I read through), thought it was worth noting as a PSA.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:17 am

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Stayed here last night and thought this was a pretty solid airport hotel.
-I checked in around 6 p.m., checked out around 5:30 a.m. to catch a 6:30 a.m. flight. I asked the check-in agent if I could have a drink voucher rather than breakfast for my amenity and she said she would put $25 F&B credit on my account that I could use at the restaurant however I wanted, which I thought was a nice touch.
-Gym & pool/hot tub are open and the hot tub worked fine. Check-in agent said 10-person limit in the pool area with periodic enforcement but there were only 3-4 others when I was there anyhow. Pool area is open until 11, gym is nice & open 24/7.
-Grill and Vine restaurant is open until 10. Caesar salad w/ salmon pretty good. Bar prices were on the high side even for an airport hotel, but the "double" pours were quite generous, offsetting the inflation, and the selection was better than just the ordinary suspects. The "LAWS" Colorado bourbon was something I hadn't had before, it reminded me a bit of Larceny being a wheated bourbon.
-It took me a full 10 minutes to get from my room to the AA counter, which is at the opposite end of the airport. (I had a bag to check.) And the CLEAR lane was closed on that (north) side at that hour, so I waited an extra few minutes at the regular PreCheck line as well. Still, I thought it was so much better an experience than the usual shuttle routine to the far-far-away hotels, and the room itself was quite nice.
-I sent a text via the app prior to arriving to ask for an upgrade, was granted a corner room ("junior suite" but really just a larger room--but a nice room).
-I was double-charged $6 in taxes and sent a text via the app and it was promptly corrected and a new folio emailed to me.
-Signs re: masks & social distancing were present, but the property did a good job of not making extreme fusses about covid. Those who want frequently sanitized elevator buttons might not enjoy it here.

All in all, would stay again.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Bumping this thread with my stay from February 2021.

Key Takeaways:
- extremely convenient for an overnight layover
​​​​​- Westin heavenly beds live up to the name
- Titanium elites get a choice from breakfast menu shown in video below
- used an SNA and it cleared 1 day before my stay.
- Fitness Center is 24/7

levilevi and esc2476 like this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Flew into Denver last night, and by the time we had our bags, it was 8:30, so it was nice not to have to deal with getting a rental car, or shuttle to another hotel. Wife works for Marriott, so our rate was under $100. The Sky Lounge was a nice place to grab a few drinks and relax. It is also right by the front desk, so it makes for some interesting people watching. We had a standard room, almost directly above the train station, and I could hear the trains brakes when pulling in and stopping, It is a great hotel for late arrivals/ early departures, but I wouldn't want to stay a few days here.
CALMSP likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 2:42 pm

The rates seem unreasonably high here compared to the offsite options. I understand that theres a premium to be paid for being at the airport itself, but Im seeing a difference of $150 on some dates I checked between this property and the aloft.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 5:53 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
The rates seem unreasonably high here compared to the offsite options. I understand that theres a premium to be paid for being at the airport itself, but Im seeing a difference of $150 on some dates I checked between this property and the aloft.
Monopoly power. It fills up though...

It's also a much nicer property, aside from the convenience. I've probably paid $100 extra for it... call it 50 for the convenience and 50 for the quality of life. 150 might make me think twice, but I personally can't stand the off-airport DEN hotels at all and the shuttle routine there, so I would probably just skip the airport hotel routine altogether if the Westin were too expensive.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Does anyone have a good contact for this property to correct a double-billing mistake? I stayed here a few weeks ago, saw a post to my credit card a day later, then 5 days later the exact same thing. When trying to call, it just goes to someone's voicemail, who never returns messages. Emails through the Marriott site go unanswered. I'm at the point to just initiate a dispute with my credit card (I don't have Marriott status, and don't care if they blacklist me).

Other than the billing, the stay was pretty good. I was there for a volunteer event, and other than no housekeeping (which seems to be the new standard everywhere), everything seemed ok.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.