Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by helvetic
As for me, as much as I love the Prince Gallery, I think I'm moving myself back to the Andaz, or Centric / Prince Sakura. I don't want to spend $500/night on a hotel. I haven't stayed there in my last few visits to Tokyo because I couldn't find a decent BRG. At $200 or so (BRG+4NF) it was an absolute steal. At $500, saved only for special occasions. Most of my travel isn't a special occasion.
Back to the Andaz to cut costs? Whenever I think about staying at Andaz I check my dates and it's 70k JPY a night! Maybe I travel at the worst times.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:31 pm

Currently at the hotel and there is no charge for eggs or Japanese breakfast. I booked a week at 29k, without BRG. They honoured the lounge since it was booked pre-Bonvoy. Even on the days when the hotel seemed busiest there were maybe 6 people in the lounge tops. Not sure who they’re saving it for.

Edit: On my way out today I’ll ask for clarification regarding future charges on eggs...
dgreen12, bhrubin and joakgarp like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Back to the Andaz to cut costs? Whenever I think about staying at Andaz I check my dates and it's 70k JPY a night! Maybe I travel at the worst times.
I think in the Hyatt system I often find Grand Hyatt to be the most expensive. Sometimes Park Hyatt has a cheaper option than Grand Hyatt. The dates I checked for Andaz are usually around 50K pre-tax and service charge. Prince Gallery is now above that in rates unless you can find a BRG.

IC surprisingly became the cheapest options.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:36 pm

Just asked reception about the changes. Club access will now be 12k per room, not person, and it’s dependant on availability. It also includes a la carte breakfast; eggs and Japanese breakfast.

As everyone knows, there will be no lounge access for Plat+. They mentioned this is a change that occurred across the Luxury Collection, not just the PG.

Lastly, to settle the egg fiasco, if you chose breakfast as your Plat+ welcome amenity there is a surcharge for eggs and Japanese breakfast.
coolfish1103 and nexusCFX like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:39 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
i came here to see the reviews about the rooms, and in particular the baths and the recreational facilities but going back 10 pages whlie also going thru page 24-35 apparently
everyone here only cares about:
1) receiving an upgrade for a room at a luxury hotel that they did not pay for when the tc clearly says that's the way it gonna be, PERIOHD.
2) receiving a free glass of wine or some beverage or the gratitude of being invited into a lounge (which is always a bummer place to hang out unless you can get drunk for free in a city where that will cost more than usd25, at which point they will have a cash bar, which is stupid because like the Marriott Provo Utah you can just find a dive bar next door with way more interesting people) and
3) receiving free nuts and crappy snacks

when in reality:
1) staying in a regular room at one of these places is way nicer than being an upgraded marriott or non jw, w, st regis room, period.
2) you can just buy that bottle at family mart at any hour of your choosing for usd25/bottle and
3a) you can buy the nuts and snacks you want for for usd1-3/pack at family mart plus they have chu-hi which no luxury lounge will ever have, which is a shame.
3b) there are tons of ramen and sushi bars near by which offer better experience and ambiance than any lounge serving crappy room temperature dumplings

i get it, i'm a lifetime gold and current plat, a lot of people really like their hotel and entitlements but you're also not in wichita falls on a dry night you're in the thick of tokyo. so this thread is a bit frustrating to read. one thing if you're a road warrior in a dry county, another if you're on vacation in the middle of one of the world's great cities.

so will anyone tell me how the baths on the recreational level are? are they nice? clean? hot? crowded? slow? do they have background music? one towel provided or as many as you like? any views? do they have cold and hot? sauna? steamroom? can plats us this for free? either way i'll bring my own damn chu-hai into the baths thankyou.
TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by cur
i came here to see the reviews about the rooms, and in particular the baths and the recreational facilities but going back 10 pages whlie also going thru page 24-35 apparently
everyone here only cares about:
1) receiving an upgrade for a room at a luxury hotel that they did not pay for when the tc clearly says that's the way it gonna be, PERIOHD.
2) receiving a free glass of wine or some beverage or the gratitude of being invited into a lounge (which is always a bummer place to hang out unless you can get drunk for free in a city where that will cost more than usd25, at which point they will have a cash bar, which is stupid because like the Marriott Provo Utah you can just find a dive bar next door with way more interesting people) and
3) receiving free nuts and crappy snacks

when in reality:
1) staying in a regular room at one of these places is way nicer than being an upgraded marriott or non jw, w, st regis room, period.
2) you can just buy that bottle at family mart at any hour of your choosing for usd25/bottle and
3a) you can buy the nuts and snacks you want for for usd1-3/pack at family mart plus they have chu-hi which no luxury lounge will ever have, which is a shame.
3b) there are tons of ramen and sushi bars near by which offer better experience and ambiance than any lounge serving crappy room temperature dumplings

i get it, i'm a lifetime gold and current plat, a lot of people really like their hotel and entitlements but you're also not in wichita falls on a dry night you're in the thick of tokyo. so this thread is a bit frustrating to read. one thing if you're a road warrior in a dry county, another if you're on vacation in the middle of one of the world's great cities.

so will anyone tell me how the baths on the recreational level are? are they nice? clean? hot? crowded? slow? do they have background music? one towel provided or as many as you like? any views? do they have cold and hot? sauna? steamroom? can plats us this for free? either way i'll bring my own damn chu-hai into the baths thankyou.
Tiny lane pool and 2-3 person jacuzzi. If you want traditional baths go to the Hoshinoya. It was a much more memorable experience and slightly cheaper too.
cur likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:01 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin

I don’t think he should expect an upgrade will give him lounge access, even though it’s possible depending on circumstances. I expect he certainly can pay for lounge access. Just like at a RC.

My Ambassador confirmed today that the hotel is including Club Access.
MSPeconomist and bhrubin like this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:39 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cur
i came here to see the reviews about the rooms, and in particular the baths and the recreational facilities but going back 10 pages...

I get it, i'm a lifetime gold and current plat, a lot of people really like their hotel and entitlements but you're also not in wichita falls on a dry night you're in the thick of tokyo. so this thread is a bit frustrating to read.

so will anyone tell me how the baths on the recreational level are? are they nice? clean? hot? crowded? slow? do they have background music? one towel provided or as many as you like? any views? do they have cold and hot? sauna? steamroom? can plats us this for free? either way i'll bring my own damn chu-hai into the baths thank you.
You might enjoy my Expert Review linked above that I posted (unfortunately for you and some others) to the just as if sometimes more appropriate Luxury Hotels Forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620

You may find the photos and descriptions of the spa facilities and other public spaces to be helpful.

Any hotel guest has access to those facilities.

We were very impressed with all of the facilities. Just as much as we were with the rooms and suites.

My husband was very impressed with the massage and quality of spa. When we toured them, it was entirely empty by the pool and jacuzzi and practically empty in the gym/weight room. When my husband and I used them, we were usually the only people in them. When my husband had a massage, he said he noticed a few other customers in the spa but that it didn’t feel busy whatsoever. I don’t recall any background music now but i assume there was some? We had as many towels as we wanted...but to swim in the pool they obviously wanted us to use the head caps as is so common in Japan.

As frequent guests at Aman, St Regis, Ritz-Carlton, and Peninsula hotels, and as customers who visited the Aman Tokyol MO Tokyo, Pen Tokyo, Hoshinoya Tokyo, etc, we found the hard product to be excellent at the Prince Gallery—and really second only to that of the obviously incredible Aman. I think that speaks volumes.

Any who want a very authentic Japanese spa/ryokan experience might like the Hoshinoya. But otherwise, it was supremely disappointing to us. Our friends who stayed there were disappointed, as well. As a hotel, it didn’t compare with the PG or the Aman IMO.
cur and TGLoyalty like this.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jun 25, 2019 at 11:46 pm
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:18 am

The strange and cluttered layout of the Kioi suite, the ungodly amounts of vomit inducing lavender pumped through the vents, and countless older Japanese businessmen wooing high heeled/short skirted working girls, would make me reconsider booking here in the future. Especially at current rates. I really don’t see anything special about the hard product, I see a significantly stained/scratched wall beside the bed and noticeable wear on a lot of the wood elements. The views are the best thing about the hotel.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
Platinum can use for free.

A not so long pool with about 3 lanes and a jacuzzi nearby. I would say the space is bound to be crowded at certain hours. I recall no music in the pool, clean, modern.

As many towel as you like inside the change room. Amenities available there along with a machine to dry your swimwear. There is also gender specific jacuzzi, cold water for sauna and sauna inside.

View is nice but you won't be able to see them unless you are on the chairs nearby the pool or in the gender specific pool.

Sleeping chair with magazines and bottle water also there.
cur likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:41 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Hi all,

Have a stay coming up next month, and wondered what people felt was the most sensible way of getting to the hotel from HND? I've been told a cab costs about ¥9k, and takes about 45 minutes. Are there other more cost-effective methods, that aren't too painful with luggage? It will be our first time ever in Japan, so cab is probably the smartest option for me, but just seeing if there are relatively pain-free alternative options.

On a side note - my experience with the Concierge thus far has been fantastic. Ultra responsive and helpful, and they've even nudged me when I've not responded to them!

Cheers,
JK
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It depends on time of day/day of week/weather/traffic conditions, but hotel to HND cost me about 7,000 yen in a taxi the hotel bellstand called for me. Travel time was 20-25 minutes, but it's w walk from the taxi area to the check in counters.

An alternative is the airport limobus if the schedule works for you. IIRC the cost is 1350 yen per person one way and it can take over an hour. This is very convenient door to door service, but it's not very frequent to/from PG and the last run from HND international terminal to the hotel leaves a bit early for some of the TPAC arrivals.
JK likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:07 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Thanks MSPeconomist. We land at 7:10am on a Saturday. I guess I’ll just wing it when I land

Presume fairly safe just taking a taxi from the stand at the airport? In terms of being metered, and not getting screwed as in some other countries (yes Sweden, I’m looking at you).
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by JK
Thanks MSPeconomist. We land at 7:10am on a Saturday. I guess I’ll just wing it when I land

Presume fairly safe just taking a taxi from the stand at the airport? In terms of being metered, and not getting screwed as in some other countries (yes Sweden, I’m looking at you).
Huh. I'm Swedish and taxis from airports should 99% offer a fixed price. Unless you got into an unbranded taxi...

Last edited by joakgarp; Jun 26, 2019 at 1:47 pm
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:28 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JK
Hi all,

On a side note - my experience with the Concierge thus far has been fantastic. Ultra responsive and helpful, and they've even nudged me when I've not responded to them!

Cheers,
JK

Yes - I agree! They are prompt to respond and very helpful!

The concierge is excellent. A trusted Luxury travel expert rated the PG concierges “on par with the Four Seasons “
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.