Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: Stunning hard product with great concierge and service
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
They didn't go back to free. There is still a 1000 JPY charge for the Japanese breakfast or made-to-order eggs. The Bonvoy breakfast menu is the same as I reported in February; I was at the hotel two weeks ago.
FWIW, having paid for a suite, restaurant breakfast and made to order eggs were both free.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:05 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Perhaps we can move on to issues and details that are not so petty. Sigh...

Still (relatively) petty. But just want to give my son accurate info. Do you think an award stay with paid upgrade to Suite counts as a paid suite for purposes of the lounge? No big deal either way. As you pointed out- in Tokyo of all cities in the world its almost sacrilegious to eat in a hotel lounge 😆
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:09 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by damon88
Still (relatively) petty. But just want to give my son accurate info. Do you think an award stay with paid upgrade to Suite counts as a paid suite for purposes of the lounge? No big deal either way. As you pointed out- in Tokyo of all cities in the world its almost sacrilegious to eat in a hotel lounge 😆
I couldn't even guess--though I'd assume so. But I'd ask the hotel or my Ambassador to confirm!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I couldn't even guess--though I'd assume so
I guess you could guess!
damon88 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
FWIW, having paid for a suite, restaurant breakfast and made to order eggs were both free.
That's because club level access includes restaurant breakfast.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, they most certainly did. I was there for Sakura (late March/early April) and there was no charge for eggs (either on the menu or assessed).

Just because you personally did not experience something, does not mean it did not happen. Or have you eaten breakfast at this property every day from January through today?
To be clear, what I meant is that the current state as of right now is that they are not included. If they did add it back then it has been removed again. The bolded aggression is unnecessary and contributes nothing useful to this discussion. My apologies for the unclear phrasing on my part.

Just to confirm though, did you have club level?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
we were there in May and received breakfast (including eggs at the buffet or a Japanese set) as part of our breakfast benefit.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:12 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I want to remind everyone that some people are getting really bent out of shape and bickering over...eggs.

And this at one of the best luxury hotels in Tokyo.

When people wonder why Marriott and owners of Ritz-Carlton hotels don’t capitulate to offer breakfast as an elite benefit, we can point to these complaints to better understand and appreciate their position—and interest in avoiding such complaints altogether.

The discussion here is enough for me to better understand why it could be better for perhaps all of the Marriott luxury brands to stop offering breakfast altogether.

Problem solved. The Marriott down the street with the lounge breakfast is ready and waiting.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My apologies for the unclear phrasing on my part.
Unclear phrasing? You said:
They didn't go back to free.
That seems pretty clear to me. And simply not correct. They did go back to free. Apparently (based on your report, which I'm happy to accept) they're now back to "not free" again.

Doesn't really matter to me, as I didn't much care for the (under)cooked to order eggs and would not order them again. But it is interesting how they keep going back and forth on the breakfast benefit.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
That seems pretty clear to me. And simply not correct. They did go back to free. Apparently (based on your report, which I'm happy to accept) they're now back to "not free" again.
Or the policy never changed and it was just human error in them not charging you.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
The cheapest rate I've ever seen this hotel go for (with taxes & services fees) is about 45,000 JPY for 1 night, which is over 400 US Dollars. Most of the time it's much more than that going between 500 and 700 dollars per night.

If you are willing to shell out that much money for 1 single night in a hotel....then a 1,000 JPY egg charge (which is just over 9 Dollars) should be at the very bottom of your concerns.
richarddd likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Or the policy never changed and it was just human error in them not charging you.
Yeah, right, two mornings in a row they "mistakenly" gave me a preprinted cardboard menu which listed made to order eggs at no charge. And karenkay, same mistake there, too. Probably the same mistaken server, a month later.

Who would have thought my rather bland comment that when I visited earlier this year there was no charge for made to order eggs would generate such petty bickering.
karenkay likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
The cheapest rate I've ever seen this hotel go for (with taxes & services fees) is about 45,000 JPY for 1 night, which is over 400 US Dollars. Most of the time it's much more than that going between 500 and 700 dollars per night.

If you are willing to shell out that much money for 1 single night in a hotel....then a 1,000 JPY egg charge (which is just over 9 Dollars) should be at the very bottom of your concerns.
Did some random searches midweek a few months ahead and rates have gone way up since my last stay. 55k up to 80k per night. Supply and demand I guess? Rip those Brg 30k JPY-rates.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Did some random searches midweek a few months ahead and rates have gone way up since my last stay. 55k up to 80k per night. Supply and demand I guess? Rip those Brg 30k JPY-rates.
My corporate rate is in the low 30Ks here for all but a few days in the year, but yeah I haven't had much luck recently in getting a BRG down to 27K like I have before.
joakgarp likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:47 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by est-gratuite

If they included the charge in the rate customers wouldn't even notice, and would walk away far happier and not feeling like they're being nickel-and-dimed. It's silly to cheapen a luxury product with these upcharges.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:50 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
My corporate rate is in the low 30Ks here for all but a few days in the year, but yeah I haven't had much luck recently in getting a BRG down to 27K like I have before.
As for me, as much as I love the Prince Gallery, I think I'm moving myself back to the Andaz, or Centric / Prince Sakura. I don't want to spend $500/night on a hotel. I haven't stayed there in my last few visits to Tokyo because I couldn't find a decent BRG. At $200 or so (BRG+4NF) it was an absolute steal. At $500, saved only for special occasions. Most of my travel isn't a special occasion.
btonkid12345 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.