Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
On our second day, we were given a Bonvoy menu with a 10000 yen charge for eggs.
I hope the eggs taste absolutely divine for that price.

Originally Posted by damon88
So to help properly set my son’s expectations — is Lounge Access something the hotel ever upgrades to or sells or??? He is booked in a Suite for 5 nights in September and has Titanium status.
Suites guests have complimentary access to the lounge: Club Lounge?Official Website?The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho
damon88 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:18 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Dave510
Suites guests have complimentary access to the lounge: Club Lounge?Official Website?The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho
PAYING suite guests. Lounge access is not provided free of charge with complimentary suite upgrades.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by bhrubin
PAYING suite guests. Lounge access is not provided free of charge with complimentary suite upgrades.
Right. I assumed he was paying for a suite.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by richarddd
Forgive my ignorance, but what's so important about lounge access? Why is it a deciding factor?

Maybe I haven't stayed at the right hotels, but my recollection is that it's another place for breakfast and some other food during the day.
Some value them more than others, and usually RC clubs did have extensive meal presentations.
And if the guest want to spend more time at the hotel, it can be a good way to relax and not just stay at the room.

However, for Tokyo, its a bit of a waste as Tokyo offer many great food outside the hotel itself.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:44 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

Thanks for that link !

I doubt they will even use it much except for an occasional glass of champagne, but I wanted to be able to give him accurate information.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:46 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin

How do you think award stay with paid upgrade is classified?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:00 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
You beat me to it… I was about to ask how large the helping of truffles and caviar and gold flakes were in the omelet.
Dave510 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
20 eggs omelette with all bells and whistles
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by helvetic
You beat me to it… I was about to ask how large the helping of truffles and caviar and gold flakes were in the omelet.
Did he type an extra 0?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Did he type an extra 0?

Of course he did.

1000 JPY is correct
10,000 JPY is wrong and ludicrous

Wish people would stop spamming the thread and repeating this error. (Even if they are just joking)

(Some members don't/won't get the humor/irony/sarcasm and it's clogging up the thread)

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jun 18, 2019 at 3:39 am
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
On our first day, we were prompted to order eggs with our Buffett (no charge). On our second day, we were given a Bonvoy menu with a 10000 yen charge for eggs. Not sure which was supposed to happen. Service at breakfast was friendly, but spotty. It took 3 requests to get coffee one day.
Pretty sure you meant 1000 JPY

This was reported right around new years (upcharge for eggs), and then they went back to free. Seems the property can't decide what the Bonvoy benefits really are.

A Bonvoy observation...on both of our hotel stays in Japan, anytime a perk was unavailable, had previously been eliminated, or would be eliminated in the future, it was attributed to “Bonvoy.” I’m no marketing expert, but that seems like really crappy branding.
I think what it means is "Bonvoy" has given properties much more freedom to cut back on benefits, and the properties justify their cheapness by pointing to the new program. Absolutely agree, it doesn't do much to help the brand value.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by helvetic
Originally Posted by kaizen7
20 eggs omelette with all bells and whistles
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Did he type an extra 0?
Originally Posted by Kacee
To spare us a sixth reference to my error.... The extra charge for eggs was indeed 1,000 JPY, not 10,000.
bhrubin and kaizen7 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:13 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Perhaps we can move on to issues and details that are not so petty. Sigh...
est-gratuite, Watkin and nexusCFX like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
This was reported right around new years (upcharge for eggs), and then they went back to free. Seems the property can't decide what the Bonvoy benefits really are.
They are no longer free. There is a 1000 JPY charge for the Japanese breakfast or made-to-order eggs. The Bonvoy breakfast menu is the same as I reported in February; I was at the hotel two weeks ago.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Jun 18, 2019 at 6:44 pm Reason: Clearer phrasing and intent
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
They didn't go back to free.
Yes, they most certainly did. I was there for Sakura (late March/early April) and there was no charge for eggs (either on the menu or assessed).

Just because you personally did not experience something, does not mean it did not happen. Or have you eaten breakfast at this property every day from January through today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.