Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:10 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Aventine
Short taxi ride from Tokyo station. I'd recommend a taxi same going back to HND too. Fastest and least hassle from your possibly wonderful stay at PG.
I don't see how a taxi from PG to HND is worth the money when Tokyo's trains are so good. Perhaps a taxi to the nonstop train station, but not to the airport.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
The transfer from curbside to the monorail at Hamamatsucho with big suitcases can be a pain. Especially during rush hour.

Originally Posted by helvetic
I don't see how a taxi from PG to HND is worth the money when Tokyo's trains are so good. Perhaps a taxi to the nonstop train station, but not to the airport.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:25 pm

Is the issue cost or is it timing (and hassle)?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by 764toHI
The transfer from curbside to the monorail at Hamamatsucho with big suitcases can be a pain. Especially during rush hour.
A taxi to Shimbashi for the Asakusa/Keikyu Line might be quicker and easier than the monorail.
Central90210 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I agree with you that rail options in Tokyo are the best, but again, with large suitcases, navigating any train station in Tokyo can be challenging (especially during rush hour).

Additionally, Keikyu line rolling stock do not have luggage racks.

A taxi to Shimbashi for the Asakusa/Keikyu Line might be quicker and easier than the monorail.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:20 pm

Granted, I don't travel with large suitcases, so this is coming from someone with the perspective of living out of a carry-on multiwheel suitcase.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Okay, I'm officially sorry I asked the question.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:13 am

Has anyone stayed at the Shangri-la Tokyo? Would you pick the Shangri-la over the Prince Gallery Kioicho?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by osxunf
Has anyone stayed at the Shangri-la Tokyo? Would you pick the Shangri-la over the Prince Gallery Kioicho?
If price no concern, it’s a much better property. Especially Horizon Club floor.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by MattEvan

If price no concern, it’s a much better property. Especially Horizon Club floor.
Thanks Matt for your answer! Would you mind elaborating a little bit more?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:47 am

Thanks Matt for your answer! Would you mind elaborating a little bit more?
It’s a better hotel in a better location. Yes, the physical plant is older than PG, but the service is more internationally oriented (world-class) than I’ve found than at PGKIO. I generally like the SL chain, and Tokyo is their top property in my experience.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:43 am

Currently staying here 4 nights as a Platinum Elite = 2 award nights on the first and last day (Deluxe King) + 2 paid nights on the middle days (Club Deluxe King). Upon check in they placed in a Club Deluxe King room on the 34th floor. I figured since I was on the club floor that club lounge would be standard however they burst my bubble saying lounge access was only for the middle two days. I was bummed but after getting breakfast this morning in the club lounge, I was pretty disappointed with the breakfast selection especially coming from the Conrad Osaka. One thing this place does have going for it is the big bay windows. Let me know if y'all have questions while I'm here that I can ask or look into.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by ppatel14
Currently staying here 4 nights as a Platinum Elite = 2 award nights on the first and last day (Deluxe King) + 2 paid nights on the middle days (Club Deluxe King). Upon check in they placed in a Club Deluxe King room on the 34th floor. I figured since I was on the club floor that club lounge would be standard however they burst my bubble saying lounge access was only for the middle two days. I was bummed but after getting breakfast this morning in the club lounge, I was pretty disappointed with the breakfast selection especially coming from the Conrad Osaka. One thing this place does have going for it is the big bay windows. Let me know if y'all have questions while I'm here that I can ask or look into.
Did you eat breakfast in the restaurant as a Plat? If yes, what was that like?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by ppatel14
what was the reason for lounge access for only two days?

What specifically made you disappointed about breakfast?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

what was the reason for lounge access for only two days?

What specifically made you disappointed about breakfast?
"OP" only paid for lounge access for two days of the four.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.