Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Kacee
Seeking input on the most efficient way to reach the hotel from HND (apart from direct taxi, which looks a bit pricey). I'd prefer to avoid multiple transfers. After reviewing the options, I'm thinking maybe monorail to Hamamatsucho and then a taxi to the hotel?
Monorail to Hamamatsucho then taxi to hotel is the way I get to PG when I'm travelling alone.
Kacee likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Keep the negative Tripadvisor reviews coming in guys so that the hotel changes its policy. Don't let their paid/shill reviews drown our elite negative reviews
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Keep the negative Tripadvisor reviews coming in guys so that the hotel changes its policy. Don't let their paid/shill reviews drown our elite negative reviews
I don't post tripadvisor reviews but a review being positive doesn't mean it's a paid or shill review. I would still leave an overwhelmingly positive review for my two stays last month even if I hadn't gotten the lounge access.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I'm thinking maybe monorail to Hamamatsucho and then a taxi to the hotel?
This is exactly what I did arriving on NH109 a couple months ago.

I will also mention this is a beautiful property with great amenities (fitness room, toiletries) and staff. The breakfast in the restaurant and the atmosphere in the lounge were great. It's a shame management has decided to nickel-and-dime elites but I agree with the sentiment that this is the best Tokyo property in the Marriott portfolio.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:04 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by 764toHI

I will also mention this is a beautiful property with great amenities (fitness room, toiletries) and staff. The breakfast in the restaurant and the atmosphere in the lounge were great. It's a shame management has decided to nickel-and-dime elites but I agree with the sentiment that this is the best Tokyo property in the Marriott portfolio.
with the devaluation even better than RC?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The limo bus doesn't work, would require a four hour wait.
Then what's your time worth? If the taxi fare is 8,000 yen, that would be 2,000 yen per hour, about US$18-19 at recurrent exchnage rates, which isn't a lot above minimum wage plus benefits. I'd do a taxi for the convenience versus messing around with public transportation plus a taxi with luggage. Of course for this calculation we should also first subtract the cost of the limobus or other public transportation options, the numbers above would be reduced.

Alternatively you could do as some locals do and take the limobus to a hotel in the general direction/vicinity of the PG and a taxi from there, which would be a lot easier with luggage and might not cost much more.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm thinking maybe monorail to Hamamatsucho and then a taxi to the hotel?
Originally Posted by Dave510
Monorail to Hamamatsucho then taxi to hotel is the way I get to PG when I'm travelling alone.
Great minds! Thanks guys for the confirm.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd do a taxi for the convenience versus messing around with public transportation plus a taxi with luggage.
Just a roller. Monorail + taxi sounds like the best option to me, particularly at rush hour.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Narita limobus services this hotel, right?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Narita limobus services this hotel, right?
Yes. Limousinebus - Ropongi/Akasaka

It also serves HND but the schedule is very thin, likely because people are much more likely to take the metro or a taxi to/from HND.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:35 pm

I did a back-to-back stay at both properties. I preferred the decor and finishes of the PC, and you still get free breakfast as a Plat. The breakfast is better at the RC (but you have to pay for it) and the rooms are larger, but the property feels dated. I also prefer the location of the PC - closer to public transportation options.

And I know Tokyo is an amazing city for dining/eating, but it's tough to find food outside of the hectic train stations during normal breakfast hours - hence my focus on the hotel breakfast.

Originally Posted by kkl
with the devaluation even better than RC?
kkl likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I did a back-to-back stay at both properties. I preferred the decor and finishes of the PG, and you still get free breakfast as a Plat. The breakfast is better at the RC (but you have to pay for it) and the rooms are larger, but the property feels dated. I also prefer the location of the PC - closer to public transportation options.

And I know Tokyo is an amazing city for dining/eating, but it's tough to find food outside of the hectic train stations during normal breakfast hours - hence my focus on the hotel breakfast.
Is this one meant to be RC or PG? Assuming PG.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:55 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I assume so too since the Prince Gallery is right above/steps away from Nagatachō [access to Hanzōmon/purple, Namboku/emerald and Yūrakuchō/gold lines] and Akasaka-Mitsuke stations [Ginza/orange and Marunouchi/red lines], and frequently put all those to good use during my stay. The Ritz-Carlton is has direct access to Roppongi station [access to Hibiya/silver and Toei Ōedo/ruby lines] and is a few minutes away from Nogizaka station [access to Chiyoda/green line].

Goodness, I miss Tokyo.

khabah
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:03 pm

Yes, PCG has better public transport options IMO. Also closer to Tokyo station (I prefer using Shinagawa Station but neither the PG nor RC are close).

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Originally Posted by khabah
I assume so too since the Prince Gallery is right above/steps away from Nagatachō [access to Hanzōmon/purple, Namboku/emerald and Yūrakuchō/gold lines] and Akasaka-Mitsuke stations [Ginza/orange and Marunouchi/red lines], and frequently put all those to good use during my stay. The Ritz-Carlton is has direct access to Roppongi station [access to Hibiya/silver and Toei Ōedo/ruby lines] and is a few minutes away from Nogizaka station [access to Chiyoda/green line].

Goodness, I miss Tokyo.

khabah
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:21 pm

We are planning to arrive in Tokyo by train from Kyoto. What would be the best way to get to the PG (fastest and least hassle are the main criteria)?

We'd leave for HND on an 11:00 am JL flight. What would be the best way to get from the PG to HND, monorail to Hamamatsucho and taxi or just a taxi (same criteria)?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by richarddd
We are planning to arrive in Tokyo by train from Kyoto. What would be the best way to get to the PG (fastest and least hassle are the main criteria)?

We'd leave for HND on an 11:00 am JL flight. What would be the best way to get from the PG to HND, monorail to Hamamatsucho and taxi or just a taxi (same criteria)?
Short taxi ride from Tokyo station. I'd recommend a taxi same going back to HND too. Fastest and least hassle from your possibly wonderful stay at PG.
richarddd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.