Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by karenkay
yes, MasterGeek, my email 'unlocked the lounge' for my upcoming stay as well, with virtually identical verbiage. hotels can change benefits at any time, of course, but for people who booked while those benefits were in place, it seems reasonable to offer them to those guests--even if as a one-time exception, and for guests who haven't booked yet to make their plans knowing what is and isn't available.

now that that's settled, i'm hoping we are also able to eat at the japanese breakfast at least once as part of the stay...anyone know if that's still on offer for tits?
Looking at: https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e7fd45823.jpeg

The Japanese breakfast is still on offer, but for 1,000 yen supplementary charge.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MasterGeek

Isn't that still possible (to have a Japanese breakfast) but with a 10K JPY surcharge ?
For 10,000 yen per person, I'd expect a truly exceptional breakfast.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:13 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For 10,000 yen per person, I'd expect a truly exceptional breakfast.
By ponying 10,000 yen for breakfast, the guest is already truly exceptional and thus elevating the breakfast to an exceptionally expensive one
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yeunganson
By ponying 10,000 yen for breakfast, the guest is already truly exceptional and thus elevating the breakfast to an exceptionally expensive one
However, I'd rather put this much money toward club lounge access at the RC versus spending so much and just getting the Japanese breakfast rather than the regular breakfast buffet at the PG. YMMV.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
yes, MasterGeek, my email 'unlocked the lounge' for my upcoming stay as well, with virtually identical verbiage. hotels can change benefits at any time, of course, but for people who booked while those benefits were in place, it seems reasonable to offer them to those guests--even if as a one-time exception, and for guests who haven't booked yet to make their plans knowing what is and isn't available.

now that that's settled, i'm hoping we are also able to eat at the japanese breakfast at least once as part of the stay...anyone know if that's still on offer for tits?
If you have club level you can choose the full buffet or the Japanese style for no charge.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:23 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
However, I'd rather put this much money toward club lounge access at the RC versus spending so much and just getting the Japanese breakfast rather than the regular breakfast buffet at the PG. YMMV.
Sure, but nobody has to pay 10K, it is a typo. Look at the image of the menu, it clearly says 1K.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet

Sure, but nobody has to pay 10K, it is a typo. Look at the image of the menu, it clearly says 1K.
I know, I'm just having some fun with the idea of a 10,000 yen breakfast "upgrade" surcharge that I wouldn't expect to include good champagne, caviar, gold leaf, etc.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:16 pm

this is my thought as well.

i wrote a gentle note to the hotel asking for clarification and that my email be forwarded to the GM. Email said while I’d hate to cancel, I will if the benefits are no longer part of an elite stay—which I booked when the benefits were still in effect. Will report back.
Would it be possible to share the e-mail adress? I don't have much success in finding it.
Thank you in advance.
​​
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:15 am

For the record I was denied access to the lounge in the evening last week while staying in a paid grand deluxe corner room (which includes lounge access), on account of it being full. The solution offered was to take drinks back to the room, and await a call when space would become available. That call never came.

I would tend to agree the hotel is justified in cutting back on non-top elite lounge access if said elites are preventing paid club-level customers from entering it.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by monahos
For the record I was denied access to the lounge in the evening last week while staying in a paid grand deluxe corner room (which includes lounge access), on account of it being full. The solution offered was to take drinks back to the room, and await a call when space would become available. That call never came.

I would tend to agree the hotel is justified in cutting back on non-top elite lounge access if said elites are preventing paid club-level customers from entering it.
No, the solution is opening up a restaurant for people who pay, not sending them back to room and forgetting about them. This shows poor customer care and this is a property I like.

But they shouldn't be blaming corporate at any Rate if blovking plant club access if this is a property level decision as it just makes elites mad at Marriott.

Did property make decision to block plats?

Japan Marriott?

Asia Marriott? If Asia, why Luxury Collection PA still offering lounge to plats?

Global? If global, why Grosvenor House LC Dubai still offering club access? I had to call GH directly to check for an upcoming stay.

Either Marriott is trying to push LC to cut benefits and some properties like GH and PA are pushing back, or props are unfairly blaming Marriott for decision made at prop level.

Either way customers are screwed. And I am already frustrated enough with Marriott.

I tried to make my first paid stay at a Marriott since October (boycotting) yesterday.

Had to speak on phone to 3 different people at GH. 2 people on CS who put me on hold for 20 mins before I hung up. 4 emails. Diddling with app. ....

Marriott should be going out of way to ensure loyalty. I've already canceled stays in HK and Istanbul and switched to Hyatt
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Pathetic. They should be letting paid lounge access guests take cocktails and some sort of a la carte in a restaurant instead of saying no and promising to call. That's just laziness on their part.
X-ON and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold

Cheers for your report on this. So the reason is not that the property wants to mess with its Elite customers but that they are experiencing a full and crowded lounge during peak times and it's only February now which is off season. Peak season like Sakura hasn't started yet when tourists flock to Japan like crazy.

Either the hotel decides to limit their wholesale of their executive rooms with lounge access, and loose revenues on top of that. Or they limit access to Elites which they are right to according to terms from Marriott.
I'm understanding the decision much better now actually.. Sucks but there are other properties in Tokyo who aren't facing this issue.

The situation would have different of the architects behind the hotels layout would have planned their lounge much better. Who knows if they in some time will extend their lounge but the hotel is only 3 years old right? Its too new to afford renovations like that imo.
​​​​​
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:09 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by MasterGeek

Isn't that still possible (to have a Japanese breakfast) but with a 10K JPY surcharge ?
Paying a $90 upcharge per person for upgrading the breakfast is absolutely insane. The price is totally out of the realm of reality.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:13 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
My guess would be no.

Somewhat OT, but I can't recall ever being denied lounge access as a SPG Plat any property with a lounge, although I vaguely remember folks here saying that The Nines in Portland (LC) did cut lounge access at some point after my stay there. Is anyone here aware of there Starwood examples (beyond the Sheraton Towers properties that had a separate lounge for Towers guests)?
I had no issues with lounge access at the nines around a year ago.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by helvetic
Paying a $90 upcharge per person for upgrading the breakfast is absolutely insane. The price is totally out of the realm of reality.
Print error. It was a 1000 yen.

This hotel has been Bonvoyed but not that shameless enough to ask for 10000 yen for Japanese breakfast!
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.