Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2021, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
I agree that The PG is pretty similar to the Andaz. I love Andaz Tokyo and want to give them the 5 Star. Though what makes it a 4 Star hotel is that they are more friendly than polite, compared to the other ultra-fancy hotels in Japan.
Maybe they didn't like the weird off-green carpets at Andaz? It's all very subjective, I wouldn't go too far in the weeds trying to figure the rankings out, especially not when you consider that many of these rankings are driven by advertising sales considerations.

I feel Andaz and PG are very similar in overall quality, with PG having better location and more gracious service, and Andaz better breakfast and a little easier for English speakers.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kacee
Maybe they didn't like the weird off-green carpets at Andaz?
Perhaps that's why PHT is also 4 Stars.
What I believe is that these hotels we've been talking about are all good as they all have 4.5 stars/points out of 5 on Tripadvisor.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:25 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Lounge Access

Just to confirm, even Ambassadors no longer receive lounge access here right?
Old Oct 29, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Just to confirm, even Ambassadors no longer receive lounge access here right?
No, paid access for everyone.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by JK
Hi all,

Have a stay coming up next month, and wondered what people felt was the most sensible way of getting to the hotel from HND? I've been told a cab costs about Ą9k, and takes about 45 minutes. Are there other more cost-effective methods, that aren't too painful with luggage? It will be our first time ever in Japan, so cab is probably the smartest option for me, but just seeing if there are relatively pain-free alternative options.

On a side note - my experience with the Concierge thus far has been fantastic. Ultra responsive and helpful, and they've even nudged me when I've not responded to them!

Cheers,
JK
i’d google hnd hotels limousine bus. I saw it recently for around 2-3k yen.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
How is breakfast like?

i thought it was a buffet, but heard its not. Wondering how it is. I’ve stayed at the Prince Sakura a couple of times and while rooms were ok, I found their breakfast buffet lovely. Had a stay at the RC where the breakfast buffet was incredible as well (paid of course).

Anyways wondering what you guys think about breakfast.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by coljung
How is breakfast like?

i thought it was a buffet, but heard its not. Wondering how it is. I’ve stayed at the Prince Sakura a couple of times and while rooms were ok, I found their breakfast buffet lovely. Had a stay at the RC where the breakfast buffet was incredible as well (paid of course).

Anyways wondering what you guys think about breakfast.
I haven't been since before COVID, but before then, breakfast was a nice buffet of everything you could think of. Or you could ask for a Japanese style breakfast at your table. Breakfast is in the restaurant on the top floor.

To me, the big loss of the lounge was to be able to eat a free breakfast on an early arrival. That felt pretty rockstar.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My stay was pre-covid as well, but I found the breakfast underwhelming and just a bit weird. The western options were certainly not at the level of the Andaz or PH.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:38 pm

Pre-pandemic I stayed here for 4-5 nights, don’t remember the details. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite with a living room/meeting room set-up that was a bit weird. The bedroom has corner windows and even the bathroom has fantastic city view. Breakfast was not great at the main restaurant and the lounge offerings were the same EVERY SINGLE DAY. I don’t know if that ever changed, but after 3 days, we stopped going to the Lounge :-)
Old Sep 19, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Any recent experiences at this property?

Planning a short Tokyo trip and have always wanted to stay here since the SPG days.

​​​​​​
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Any recent experiences at this property?

Planning a short Tokyo trip and have always wanted to stay here since the SPG days.

​​​​​​
Still great. Very time we got upgrade. Recently Amex has a decent promotion for stay 2 nights get $100+150 food or spa benefit. Considering USD/JPY, it is a steal.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by willliamjia
Still great. Very time we got upgrade. Recently Amex has a decent promotion for stay 2 nights get $100+150 food or spa benefit. Considering USD/JPY, it is a steal.
Glad to hear, very excited

I actually took advantage of the current STARS rate which included a free third night. Our four night stay included all taxes and fees comes out to $300 a night which is pretty insane for Tokyo
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:56 am

Glad to hear, very excited

I actually took advantage of the current STARS rate which included a free third night. Our four night stay included all taxes and fees comes out to $300 a night which is pretty insane for Tokyo
‘That is a nice promotion. I am ambassador this year which might be the reason of upgrade to suite.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by willliamjia
‘That is a nice promotion. I am ambassador this year which might be the reason of upgrade to suite.
May I ask which suite you were upgraded to?

I'm only Titanium but hopefully a suite upgrade will come through as entry is still fairly restricted and I can't imagine it's too busy.
​​​​​​
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:15 am

May I ask which suite you were upgraded to?

I'm only Titanium but hopefully a suite upgrade will come through as entry is still fairly restricted and I can't imagine it's too busy.
​​​​​​
i do not know the name of that suite. It is decent with a separated living room.
FlyingFrZ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.