Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by MasterGeek

How was your stay there ? Did they look down upon you with contempt as uf Marriott Elites are some kind of parasite leeches ?
All things considered, service is better than last time, and the consumable goods in the room seem to have been upgraded. I did ask about lounge access at check in and they offered it for this stay without me having to demand it, but it is getting removed going forward (as everyone else has confirmed earlier).

At the restaurant, they gave me the regular menu rather than the Bonvoy menu, so no 1,000 yen surcharge for Japanese breakfast. I think it was mentioned that that's beacause of lounge access?
karenkay likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dave510
At the restaurant, they gave me the regular menu rather than the Bonvoy menu, so no 1,000 yen surcharge for Japanese breakfast. I think it was mentioned that that's beacause of lounge access?
Yes. If you have a club level room here you are allowed to get restaurant breakfast, either buffet or Japanese breakfast.

Also, I just finished up my stays here. A seven night stay, followed by a final night with a two night gap where I went to Suiran Kyoto. For both stays, despite the hotel being near-full, I was upgraded to a corner king room which was spectacular. The hotel honored club access for both stays, although they made it clear that it won't be given going forward.

Honestly, although the removal of club access sucks, given the rates I was paying and the rooms I got, I would definitely return here in the future.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Posting bad reviews regarding the benefit reduction on TA seems a working idea as they may re-consider, HAHAHA:

Response from kioicho, Manager at The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Responded 5 days ago
Dear exe_ck

Thank you very much for your patronage and thank you for taking your time to write your valuable feedback.

First and foremost, we are sorry to disappoint you in regards to the change of the benefit to our elite members. We should announce it to our loyalty guests in advance.
In addition, we fully understand your frustration that you experienced at breakfast.
We took your comments seriously and will discuss with our management team to re-consider a benefit as well as breakfast options for elite members.

It is regret to hear that you will not consider staying with us again, however we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serving you again in the future with our improved service.

Sincerely yours,

Daisuke Namikata
Chief Manager
The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho
karenkay likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
What a tone change from 'We are in accordance with Marriott Terms & Conditions' crap to 'will discuss with our management team to re-consider' just in a few days, obviously they are feeling a little pressure after five one or two stars rating since benefit changes:

Response from kioicho, マネージャー at The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Responded 1 week ago
Dear swiss_travel_relax,

Thank you for your comment regarding Club Lounge access, breakfast option and Suite Night Award.
We are in accordance with Marriott Terms & Conditions, and Club Lounge access for Platinum elite members and above tiers are not included at a Luxury collection Hotel brand according to its Terms & Conditions. Therefore, currently Club Lounge access is exclusive for Club floor rooms only. In addition, we still offer a buffet breakfast as well as other options as a welcome gift for our platinum members and above tiers. Please accept our sincere apologies for the malfunction which we could not explain appropriately. As for Suite Night Award, we are afraid that because our Hotel is being a franchised hotel and under Prince Hotel operation system, our Hotel is not able to participate in the program at this moment. However, we would like to continue Suite Night Award service, so currently inquiring Marriott team in order to reinstate it. If we can be of any help, please reply to [email protected] for discussing your experience with the hotel further. It will be our pleasure to assist you.
Once again we thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Sincerely yours,

Daisuke Namikata
Senior Manager
The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho

Last edited by tomwhom; Feb 27, 2019 at 12:18 pm
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:27 pm

This comment is Bonvoyish... wondering how they would have announced if in advance Send email to elite guest who have reservation, frequent guest of this property, or Bonvoy Elite? I have never received such property specific announcement from Bonvoy properties....

Sounds like they just write without practical idea of execution

Originally Posted by tomwhom
First and foremost, we are sorry to disappoint you in regards to the change of the benefit to our elite members. We should announce it to our loyalty guests in advance.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by cozysuite
This comment is Bonvoyish... wondering how they would have announced if in advance Send email to elite guest who have reservation, frequent guest of this property, or Bonvoy Elite? I have never received such property specific announcement from Bonvoy properties....

It’s not rocket science - you just allow lounge access to guests who booked before it was taken away. Which actually sounds like something they’re sometimes doing.
Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Glad people are raising this issue.

Looks like they've also dropped the claim that Marriott told them they had to do this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by cozysuite

They could post a notice (saying no more lounge access for Elites) thay shows up when someone is making a reservation through Marriott's website or app. Leave the notice on, until all grandfathered (placed before the change) reservations have been consumed.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Still waiting for their press release when they announce a renovation of their lounge to twice the size. That will probably never happen but PG need to reconsider.
Prince Gallery has 250 rooms and Sheraton Yokohama has about 350 rooms. The lounge in Sheraton Yokohama is twice/100% as big as the one in PG but amount of rooms is only 40% more. Dropping the ball on returning Elites is not future proof so I guess they are considering dropping out of the Marriott program in some time?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

It’s not rocket science - you just allow lounge access to guests who booked before it was taken away. Which actually sounds like something they’re sometimes doing.
NO, you just don't take it away. Problem solved, and no notification needed.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:03 am

Please post your bad reviews on TripAdvisor regarding the benefits cuts. This is what the PG deserve.
MasterGeek and tomwhom like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
It seems some hotels did take tripadvisor reviews seriously

For me, the lounge access at PG is good to have but I wont miss it too much if I dont.
Although the removal of the said benefit might make me consider other options
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I understand people are bitter about shutting off lounge access, but if the property provides a full breakfast, it still appears to me to be a competitive high-end option in Tokyo. It seems to price on average quite a bit lower than the RC. And within Marriott, what are the other high-end options? Looking at other programs, I'm not sure there are clearly better options either. While the Conrad has large rooms and good service, it lacks "wow" and I did not love the office complex location. Neither Andaz nor PH has a lounge. Maybe GH?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
I understand people are bitter about shutting off lounge access, but if the property provides a full breakfast, it still appears to me to be a competitive high-end option in Tokyo.
I feel the same way. I was paying 295 USD a night and got upgraded to a corner king with my requested view (Tokyo Tower + Skytree) on a seven night stay when the hotel was nearly fully booked, and got a corner king again when I returned for a final night. In my opinion, the Conrad, Andaz, and RC hard product are not on the same level as this hotel. For the RC in particular as the other high end Bonvoy option, I honestly think the rooms are boring, and they look way more dated than you'd expect from a hotel renovated in 2015. The rates at all those hotels are higher than the rates I get here too.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I feel the same way. I was paying 295 USD a night and got upgraded to a corner king with my requested view (Tokyo Tower + Skytree) on a seven night stay when the hotel was nearly fully booked, and got a corner king again when I returned for a final night. In my opinion, the Conrad, Andaz, and RC hard product are not on the same level as this hotel. For the RC in particular as the other high end Bonvoy option, I honestly think the rooms are boring, and they look way more dated than you'd expect from a hotel renovated in 2015. The rates at all those hotels are higher than the rates I get here too.
I felt this hotel is cookie cutter hotel even before they removed the breakfast option. Andaz on another hand offers much better breakfast, free continental breakfast for all guests in their lobby area. This hotel on another hand, is quite inconvenient when you are taking subways to Chuo area. In terms of rooms I already see wear and tears.

It was great while we had Japanese bento box as an option before but they never changed any item, it got boring when you eat same food for days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.