Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: Stunning hard product with great concierge and service
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rfrost
The lounge staff has been very helpful to me, and I will miss them.
I think I will try the Imperial (even though the Frank Lloyd Wright building is gone) for my next Tokyo stay, unless I am in dire need of Stay/spend credit, in which case I will return to the Ritz-Carlton.
OT, but the Frank Lloyd Wright building has been gone for a very long time, although if you look, you can find many Frank Lloyd Wright touches in the hotel. It's also a great location.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by Kacee
Based on these reports - specifically the breakfast downgrade - I'm canceling upcoming paid stay at this property in favor of Hyatt.
I booked Tokyo Marriott as points advance backup reservation if the Prince Gallery persists in downgrading elite benefits (breakfast and loung access)
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
If everyone could write to the hotel rexpressing their displeasure with these changes, it would be appreciated. Since they ended up giving me the club access, its awkward for me to present any complaint while Im here since, personally, I dont have anything to complain about this time.

I will definitely write them after my stay and explain why I wont return under these circumstances though, unless Im doing a stay where Im booking into the corner room which is club level.
karenkay and MasterGeek like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
@nexusCFX,
Does the breakfast for elite benefit really that continental breakfast on the list ?
Would be great if you could update on that as well.

Last month I did stay at the hotel and still got the usual benefit.
Lounge access + buffet breakfast at Oasis Garden, upgrade to corner suite, and still can choose welcome amenity or points
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by MasterGeek

GM is Nobuo Ohmori but I am unable to find the email address and my guess attempts bounced.
have you tried no-ohmori@princehotels ?

it seems like the staff "personal" work emails following the format of xx(first 2 letters of family name)-xxxxxxx(given name)
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kaizen7
@nexusCFX,
Does the breakfast for elite benefit really that continental breakfast on the list ?
Would be great if you could update on that as well.

Last month I did stay at the hotel and still got the usual benefit.
Lounge access + buffet breakfast at Oasis Garden, upgrade to corner suite, and still can choose welcome amenity or points
@kaizen7 @MasterGeek @MSPeconomist @Kacee @karenkay @joakgarp @SkiAdcock @rfrost @Aventine

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay in response, I was ruined by jet lag yesterday. I just spoke with the staff, and the check-in agent I got (whose English was honestly not amazing) was wrong in how they communicated the changes. I'll just outline the actual changes below:

Bonvoy Platinum and higher members do not get club access anymore. It seems this holds even if they're upgraded to a higher category room that would normally include club access, as they were not going to give me it until I showed my email from December confirming I would get club access purely for being a Platinum member.

Platinum members do get breakfast. Now, while the vouchers Marriott ships out do say "continental breakfast", this is word for word what was said to me.
"At some hotels, NOT this hotel, they may only give continental breakfast. Here you can choose to have the buffet."
Dave510 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Wow. No access even if upgraded to a club level room? That’s unbelievable.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy
I mean, it's possible the check-in agent was wrong on that. But before I brought up the email, I asked about the club lounge hours and even though I was upgraded to the Grand Deluxe Corner King the immediate response was no club access for Platinums after Bonvoy transition.

YMMV, someone else who stays here and get upgraded should try to fight for club access and post the result.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CLEguy
It also violates what was SPG (RIP) policy that if one is upgraded (no matter how), one gets all of the advantages that are tied to the room, such as lounge access.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It also violates what was SPG (RIP) policy that if one is upgraded (no matter how), one gets all of the advantages that are tied to the room, such as lounge access.
That policy is definitely dead under Bonvoy though. I've seen posts, particularly at RC hotels, where even if they got upgraded and put in a suite that is club level, or literally on the club floor, no access.

If I'm being honest, between this and the SNA thing, I have to wonder if this hotel is considering leaving Bonvoy altogether. The competitive landscape for elite members is a lot different under the combined program compared to the original SPG Tokyo properties, of which this one was the best by a mile. The hotel is always very full regardless, and Prince does their own loyalty thing.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
That policy is definitely dead under Bonvoy though. I've seen posts, particularly at RC hotels, where even if they got upgraded and put in a suite that is club level, or literally on the club floor, no access.

If I'm being honest, between this and the SNA thing, I have to wonder if this hotel is considering leaving Bonvoy altogether. The competitive landscape for elite members is a lot different under the combined program compared to the original SPG Tokyo properties, of which this one was the best by a mile. The hotel is always very full regardless, and Prince does their own loyalty thing.
I was thinking the same thing even before hearing about the lounge denials.

It might be a better fit for Hyatt.
CLEguy likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I was thinking the same thing even before hearing about the lounge denials.

It might be a better fit for Hyatt.
I've thought so too, but Tokyo has too many friggin Hyatts already.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Wow this stinks. PG was one of my favorite properties in the world. Won't be back with these changes. Hyatt it is.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Platinum members do get breakfast. Now, while the vouchers Marriott ships out do say "continental breakfast", this is word for word what was said to me.
"At some hotels, NOT this hotel, they may only give continental breakfast. Here you can choose to have the buffet."
Thanks for the update.

I'm a bit skeptical that's a Marriott pre-printed form. IME, the properties do these themselves based on the particular benefits they provide.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
I think the hotel has too many guests to the point where they believe limiting lounge access will work.

Not much you can do there as the TC does not include LC as a brand that offers lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.