Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Wow, that’s very disappointing. Thanks so much nexusCFX for the update, and for getting us this crummy news now, when we still have time to do something about it. No lounge? Continental breakfast only?!? Boo. Guess I’ll be canceling my upcoming stay, and I’ll be sure to let the hotel know why.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
WOW, I'm glad I stayed here once, just in time to experience the place before these changes. Unless there's a change of policy, I'll never go back unless work insists that I stay at this particular hotel.
3rdworldresident and Dave510 like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:46 am

This is quite disappointing. I was looking forward to staying here too in April. Does anyone know if the Prince Sakura is still offering lounge access to Plats+?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:47 am
TCG

Concierge Email?

Hi Everyone

Is this still the correct email for concierge? [email protected]

I emailed them 2 business days ago for dinner reservations and haven't gotten a single reply. This seems pretty contradictory to earlier reviews of how good the concierge is?
Just wondering if anyone had recent experiences.

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Lol the hotel blames the new terms from Marriott. Come on now. Prince Gallery is a fairly new and popular property and wants to do some easy cash grabbing for sure now when they have gained some grounds and good reviews.
Stripping lounge and breakfast for higher Elites is messed up. Was planning a seven night trip in Tokyo this fall and a stay once again with this property actually. Will be sure to rethink our choice and choose another property.
​​​
First the data leaks with leaking customer information and cc details last year and now this. The GM of the hotel is Nobuo Ohmori as of 2016 and I suppose is responsible for these changes. Not much to find about him on Google though?
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
While MAR may have changed this to no lounge access unless in paid club room, MAR is not responsible for the property going to the lowest common denominator on offering the absolute bare minimum for cont'l breakfast offering. The property could offer more, such as fresh fruit, some cheese or meats, & is choosing not to, using the MAR change as the excuse.

Totally agree that the above changes are disappointing, especially given that it's a LC property in Asia. I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Prince Sakura, Autograph Collection, does offer lounge access, as different brand than Prince Gallery LC.

Cheers.
joakgarp and Lizie like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Wow, like others, I doubt I'll be returning to the Prince Gallery again. Not sure what they're trying to accomplish by deterring elite members.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Originally Posted by TCG
Hi Everyone

Is this still the correct email for concierge? [email protected]

I emailed them 2 business days ago for dinner reservations and haven't gotten a single reply. This seems pretty contradictory to earlier reviews of how good the concierge is?
Just wondering if anyone had recent experiences.

Thanks
That was still it as of December.

Sucks to hear about the breakfast/lounge changes, but to me it's not a big deal given that it's Tokyo. I'd like to eat all my meals outside the hotel. It does affect my choice if I come with family because of dietary restrictions - a lounge is always good for bread/vegetarian food options.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
I wrote emails to the following addresses to inquire and complain about loung access and quality if breakfast benefit for Platinums/Titaniums:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
anyone know the name of the GM? or the email? i'd like to let him know why i'm canceling.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by karenkay
anyone know the name of the GM? or the email? i'd like to let him know why i'm canceling.
I don't think he really cares since he signed off on this policy for Marriott elites.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
That was quite sad news ..... Their lounge is quite good ... and if they no longer provide lounge for plats then RC can be viable alternative there
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by karenkay
GM is Nobuo Ohmori but I am unable to find the email address and my guess attempts bounced.

Last edited by MasterGeek; Feb 16, 2019 at 12:50 pm
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
The lounge staff has been very helpful to me, and I will miss them.
I think I will try the Imperial (even though the Frank Lloyd Wright building is gone) for my next Tokyo stay, unless I am in dire need of Stay/spend credit, in which case I will return to the Ritz-Carlton.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Based on these reports - specifically the breakfast downgrade - I'm canceling upcoming paid stay at this property in favor of Hyatt.
karenkay likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.