Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I thought the lounge breakfast was amazing, although it didn't have a lot of Asian foods. Also missing were made to order pancakes/waffles/French toast.

Given the lounge's little kitchen for breakfast eggs prepared to order, it seemed surprising that they don't use this facility in the evening or do some demonstration cooking thing every evening (as was done once upon a time at the former StR Shanghai lounge, now the LC Hongta).

As an AMB level guest, I was given one of their larger Premier 1K rooms, not a suite nor did it even have a sitting area, but it was nice with stocked bookshelves and I also noticed that only this room type (one on each floor apparently) and the suites have the valet pass through cabinet with door for newspapers, shoes and laundry/dry cleaning. To me, that seemed like a surprising choice in the design of the hotel. It also made me think that one should remember be sure to keep the inside door of the thing locked as a small person could perhaps squeeze through the surprisingly large IME openings to access the room.
Appears you have United on the brain, my sincerest commiserations.

I think Grand Deluxe Corner rooms also have the little valet cabinets too.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Hoping someone with experience can clear up some confusion for me... I'm looking to stay at the PG in April with my wife and 12-yo son. When trying to book a room for 2 adults/1 child, the website says that the hotel does not accommodate 3 people in a room. However, in the past (with SPG at least) this was never a problem, as the policy was always that children under 17 could stay free using existing bedding.

Also, I've noticed a number of recent posts that seem to indicate families staying with kids (and the upcharge for the kids at the buffet). Perhaps these families have more than one room. But has anyone had a stay with one (or more) kids in a room at the PG? Will booking for two adults and showing up with 2 adults and one kid be problematic? We're totally fine sharing a king bed with our son, and even fine if they charge extra for the third person.

Anyone have any experience they'd care to share regarding kids staying in your room at the PG?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by eeebee
Hoping someone with experience can clear up some confusion for me... I'm looking to stay at the PG in April with my wife and 12-yo son. When trying to book a room for 2 adults/1 child, the website says that the hotel does not accommodate 3 people in a room. However, in the past (with SPG at least) this was never a problem, as the policy was always that children under 17 could stay free using existing bedding.

Also, I've noticed a number of recent posts that seem to indicate families staying with kids (and the upcharge for the kids at the buffet). Perhaps these families have more than one room. But has anyone had a stay with one (or more) kids in a room at the PG? Will booking for two adults and showing up with 2 adults and one kid be problematic? We're totally fine sharing a king bed with our son, and even fine if they charge extra for the third person.

Anyone have any experience they'd care to share regarding kids staying in your room at the PG?
Hopefully someone here with a past experience can help, but you can also shoot them an email at [email protected]. Their concierge is hilariously bad for email responses but reservations is very quick IME.

I suspect they will be fine with you having a 12yr old for no charge, as this hotel is one of the few in Japan that does NOT charge a fee for two people vs one. You may need to pay for lounge access or breakfast though.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Hopefully someone here with a past experience can help, but you can also shoot them an email at [email protected]. Their concierge is hilariously bad for email responses but reservations is very quick IME.

I suspect they will be fine with you having a 12yr old for no charge, as this hotel is one of the few in Japan that does NOT charge a fee for two people vs one. You may need to pay for lounge access or breakfast though.
Thanks for the info. Honestly, I'd even be OK with paying an extra person charge for my son. I'm really more concerned with showing up, all the way from the US, with three people on a two person reservation, and then being turned away. I've been able to do this without a problem all of my son's life in hotels around the world, but everything I've read about Tokyo is that hotels there can actually be quite strict about it. In case you haven't guessed, this is our first trip to Japan.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:49 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Has anyone had success trying to upgrade a points reservation here by paying a cash supplement? I know it's not formally offered on the website, just wondering if anyone was able to negotiate a paid upgrade to a points reservation.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by eeebee
Thanks for the info. Honestly, I'd even be OK with paying an extra person charge for my son. I'm really more concerned with showing up, all the way from the US, with three people on a two person reservation, and then being turned away. I've been able to do this without a problem all of my son's life in hotels around the world, but everything I've read about Tokyo is that hotels there can actually be quite strict about it. In case you haven't guessed, this is our first trip to Japan.
So, for anyone else who might be thinking about staying at the Prince Gallery with kids, I did receive an email response from the hotel with clarification. Having asked if there was an extra charge for kids in the room, they stated the following:

As our hotel policy, up to two children below 12years old can share their parent's bed with free charge, so you can stay with your child in the same room without additional charge.

However, please understand in advance that we have a age restriction policy for the SPA area, we allow spa facility access to persons over the age of 18 years.

We kindly ask for your understanding.
So it appears that, even though one is unable to book a room for more than two occupants (if you try to add a child, even a one-year old, you'll receive an error message stating "Correction needed - The hotel cannot accommodate 3 guests per room"), you can, in fact, have up to four in the room, assuming that the extra two are children 12 or under, and that they sleep in the existing bedding.

After having posted my initial query, I was also able to find this blurb on the hotel's website near the bottom of the Rooms tab:

Extra Bedding Policy

It is our pleasure to offer rollaway beds upon request in Deluxe Premier Twin rooms only; nightly fees apply. Cribs are available at no additional charge for children as young as 12 months.

IDK if this is true, however, as a standard Deluxe room is 452 sq ft., which seems plenty big to accommodate a small rollaway.

Anyway, it sounds like we're set for our trip to Tokyo this spring!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by BillBurn
Has anyone had success trying to upgrade a points reservation here by paying a cash supplement? I know it's not formally offered on the website, just wondering if anyone was able to negotiate a paid upgrade to a points reservation.
I'd be interested to know this as well, as our April booking is on points, and it sounds like they no longer participate in SNAs.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't think their standard rooms are so big and, in fact, I suspect that the area given includes the large bathroom, entry way, etc., so the actual bedroom is significantly smaller. The Deluxe Premier rooms do seem to be considerably larger, but there are only a few of them in the property.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
We were only assigned the regular Deluxe room last year due to peak season but the size of the room for the two us was good as I recall. It wasn't the largest standard room I've seen but it was completely fine. We had no problems and were carrying two big luggage with us with about 20 kg each.
But it's all subjective to personal experience and taste.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by joakgarp
We were only assigned the regular Deluxe room last year due to peak season but the size of the room for the two us was good as I recall. It wasn't the largest standard room I've seen but it was completely fine. We had no problems and were carrying two big luggage with us with about 20 kg each.
But it's all subjective to personal experience and taste.
The room would be OK for two, but this discussion is about adding two kids (under 12).
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The room would be OK for two, but this discussion is about adding two kids (under 12).
Ah sorry about that. Not more than two imo in standard room.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
I have stayed at the hotel a few years ago & used suite upgrades for an amazing corner room. Headed back soon and was wondering do I try the Ritz Carlton or stick w/ Prince Gallery?? Thoughts?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
I have stayed at the hotel a few years ago & used suite upgrades for an amazing corner room. Headed back soon and was wondering do I try the Ritz Carlton or stick w/ Prince Gallery?? Thoughts?
I've been wanting to try the RC because I have club upgrade certificates but it's always 2x the rate I can get at the PG and in my opinion the hard product is worse even if the rooms are larger. It's definitely worth considering depending on rates, but I'm sure you know you won't get breakfast or lounge access like you would at the PG.

EDIT:
Can any recent guests comment on whether the hotel changed the policy on the Platinum breakfast at Oasis? I just heard that choosing the Japanese style prevents you from getting anything from the buffet or ordering eggs. Is this the case now? Are you still able to order a la carte options like juice and french toast? In the past I had gotten the Japanese breakfast along with a chef's egg, french toast, juice, and tea.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Feb 9, 2019 at 5:45 pm
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I've been wanting to try the RC because I have club upgrade certificates but it's always 2x the rate I can get at the PG and in my opinion the hard product is worse even if the rooms are larger. It's definitely worth considering depending on rates, but I'm sure you know you won't get breakfast or lounge access like you would at the PG.

EDIT:
Can any recent guests comment on whether the hotel changed the policy on the Platinum breakfast at Oasis? I just heard that choosing the Japanese style prevents you from getting anything from the buffet or ordering eggs. Is this the case now? Are you still able to order a la carte options like juice and french toast? In the past I had gotten the Japanese breakfast along with a chef's egg, french toast, juice, and tea.
Yes, I was told I could not get items from the buffet if I order the Japanese breakfast, except for juices.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510
Yes, I was told I could not get items from the buffet if I order the Japanese breakfast, except for juices.
Any idea if a la carte options are allowed with either buffet or Japanese? The french toast is so good. The fruit is good too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.