Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:08 pm

As per the Lurkers: The hotel does currently not participate in the SNA program. It is not known if or when the hotel will participate again.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:12 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by funkbandit
As per the Lurkers: The hotel does currently not participate in the SNA program. It is not known if or when the hotel will participate again.
So hotels can just drop out of SNAs now? Marriott's grand plan of pretending to maintain SPG elite benefits and then letting the substance of those benefits rot from the inside out is really quite something.
MSPeconomist and nexusCFX like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:33 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Where is the post from the Lurkers stating that? There is a Lurker post immediately below yours asking for more information to help resolve the matter.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You might have enjoyed their sake "experience" that I noticed on my room's iPad and did. It's a tasting of three kinds of (cold) sake (a sake cup of each) served with beautiful snacks consisting of spinach with crab, sashimi (presented with a bit of lavender and some other trimmings), and their green tea flavored nuts, with some education about sake at the small high bar at the entrance to their 35th floor Japanese restaurant. I booked it through the concierge and the cost was 2,500 yen.
Thanks for the suggestion. Returning in late Feb. so I'll absolutely try it out.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Where is the post from the Lurkers stating that? There is a Lurker post immediately below yours asking for more information to help resolve the matter.
The Lurkers' post was duly noted and responded to. No worries.

Regarding the suspension of the hotel's participation in the SNA program there is no post in this thread or forum. Just the info the Lurkers provided as a result of their assistance on that matter.

Cheers!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You might have enjoyed their sake "experience" that I noticed on my room's iPad and did. It's a tasting of three kinds of (cold) sake (a sake cup of each) served with beautiful snacks consisting of spinach with crab, sashimi (presented with a bit of lavender and some other trimmings), and their green tea flavored nuts, with some education about sake at the small high bar at the entrance to their 35th floor Japanese restaurant. I booked it through the concierge and the cost was 2,500 yen.
Thanks for the tip on this. Have two stays here in Feb and will be sure to check this out.

This is absolutely baffling because I've seen opportunities to get a BRG rate of 80k JPY on the Kioi Suite on several occasions, and they give it for upgrades, along with generally excellent Platinum recognition. Aside from the fact that hotels can remove themselves from participation at all (aside from the noted exceptions), I'm very surprised that this hotel would be one to do so.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If anyone is interested, be sure to check the hotel experiences listings on the iPad supplied in yor room. In addition to the sake tasting, I noticed sushi preparation and tasting and tea ceremonies, but I don't remember the prices for these. There's also free origami (paper folding) offered a couple times a month, but it might be oriented toward kids.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Qatar Privilege Club Silver

I have booked 4 nights (beginning of May) and in December I managed to apply 4 SNA.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Qatar Privilege Club Silver
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:11 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Kara5930
I have booked 4 nights (beginning of May) and in December I managed to apply 4 SNA.
So much for the Lurkers saying this hotel isn’t participating in the SNA program.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jan 26, 2019 at 4:51 pm
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

So much for the nonsense that the Lurkers saying this hotel isn’t participating in the SNA program.
December 2018 is long gone. It is January 2019 now. I have an E-Mail from William stating exactly what I wrote. I even asked if it was ok to share the info on flyertalk. But in any case, feel free to believe whatever you want.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Dave510
Currently eating breakfast at the restaurant on 36F. Both lounge and restaurant breakfast are offered for plat, as are the 1000 points or chopsticks welcome amenities.

Sort of peeved I had to politely ask before getting any sort of upgrade but overall the stay has been good so far (but I only got here last night).
Can you have breakfast at the restaurant and lounge at the same day? Will stay here with wife and 4 year old daughter in Feb. 19. The hotel says for my 4 year old, there will be 2,260 Yen for buffet breakfast and 3,500 for club lounge. Wondering if wife can take daughter to have breakfast at restaurant and I go to lounge for breakfast so to save some money. Most like won't do that, but just wondering if it is possible.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by youarewbd
Can you have breakfast at the restaurant and lounge at the same day? Will stay here with wife and 4 year old daughter in Feb. 19. The hotel says for my 4 year old, there will be 2,260 Yen for buffet breakfast and 3,500 for club lounge. Wondering if wife can take daughter to have breakfast at restaurant and I go to lounge for breakfast so to save some money. Most like won't do that, but just wondering if it is possible.
I tried this way last year with my son but unfortunately no. The restaurant will ask your wife where you will have breakfast. ... The restaurant will call the lounge to confirm that your breakfast in lounge so only your wife will have the complimentary breakfast ... But I remember that the lounge's breakfast is complimentary for kids. The 3,500 is for kids (6-12yrs) to use club lounge for the afternoon tea. For kids below 6yrs, both breakfast and afternoon tea are free. They have a very complex policy for kids. I suggested them to have the kids policy printed out, but they were very reluctant to do this. The Club Lounge's manager is very nice, you could ask.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rebyang
I tried this way last year with my son but unfortunately no. The restaurant will ask your wife where you will have breakfast. ... The restaurant will call the lounge to confirm that your breakfast in lounge so only your wife will have the complimentary breakfast ... But I remember that the lounge's breakfast is complimentary for kids. The 3,500 is for kids (6-12yrs) to use club lounge for the afternoon tea. For kids below 6yrs, both breakfast and afternoon tea are free. They have a very complex policy for kids. I suggested them to have the kids policy printed out, but they were very reluctant to do this. The Club Lounge's manager is very nice, you could ask.
This contradicts the information I was given at check in: "Children under the age of 12 years old are welcomed to use the Club lounge untill Afternoon Tea time." [spelling and capitalization errors in original]

Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:46 pm

Here is in the "Welcome letter for family traveler" PDF they sent me

2, Please kindly note that there are additional charge for children between 4 to 12 years olds for buffet breakfast at Oasis Garden (2,260 Japanese Yen per child). For children 13 years old and above, the price same as adults is applied.

3. For our guests who have access to Club Lounge accompanying children younger than 12 years old; Children are welcome at Club Lounge until After Tea Time (4:30pm). In addition, there are additional charge for children between 4 to 12 years old per stay, it is 3,500 Japanese Yen per day to enter Club Lounge. Please ask us for further information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.