Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
I'm currently in the hotel for a 2 weeks stay, very nice property though offerings in lounge and breakfast are exactly the same every day so it does get boring. No upgrades whatsoever as supposedly due to holiday season in Japan the hotel is running on high occupancy. On a plus side Plats get access to the swimming pool and spa area for free which otherwise costs 5000 JPY (how they get away with charging that fee the regular guests on top of the already very high room rates is beyond me but as a result the swimming pool feels deserted and each time I've been there I had it all to myself).
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Are the food lounge offerings still exactly the same night after night?
for my 6-night stay this month (actually just checked out yesterday), YES.

not only in the evening but in the morning (breakfast) too.

i found the food offering at breakfast in the restaurant (oasis garden) and the lounge almost virtually the same. So my advice is to take breakfast in the lounge to avoid waiting at the restaurant. Unless you want to try their japanese breakfast set which i thought it is only available in the restaurant.

This is my go to hotel in tokyo from now on.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:41 pm

I don't mind same offerings at breakfast time daily, but would rather see some kind of rotation for hors d'oeuvres. Not a big complaint, since Tokyo is the one place where amazing food is everyhere.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: SPG Platinum/Hyatt Diamond
Central 90210 ... Would you be so kind as to tell us what kind of camera you used to take your beautiful photos.

Thank you.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by choco
Central 90210 ... Would you be so kind as to tell us what kind of camera you used to take your beautiful photos.

Thank you.
Thanks for the kind words, they were shot on iPhone X!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
There are 100 photos. Feel free to end if too much.

Going from...
Check in > Room > Club lounge afternoon tea > Club lounge evening cocktail > nightly turndown service >
Oasis breakfast > Amenities > Club lounge breakfast > Spa > Pool > Gym facilities

Central90210 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Looks like absolutely everyone here has been getting upgrades recently except for me Stuck in standard room and no possibility to upgrade even though I have been asking every few days durning my 14 nights stay
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:39 pm

Can they reserve sukiyabashi jiro for you? My friend told me only 10 hotels in Tokyo can make reservation with Jiro. I know Park Hyatt and Andaz could do it. But I only have status with SPG and I'd rather stay with SPG properties so I can re-qualify this year
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bigbellymonkey
Can they reserve sukiyabashi jiro for you? My friend told me only 10 hotels in Tokyo can make reservation with Jiro. I know Park Hyatt and Andaz could do it. But I only have status with SPG and I'd rather stay with SPG properties so I can re-qualify this year
This hotel's concierge should be able to do that. Or at least try.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:40 am

We stayed here a couple weeks ago and were very pleased overall. I don't have SPG Platinum, so we paid for the club lounge access, but it was definitely worth it. Club breakfast was great, although as other posters mention, the selection doesn't change much. Evening cocktails are nice as well, although it is definitely not the same as the RC club level, which has more of a table service atmosphere, nicer views, more space, and a bartender. That's not to say that this club lounge isn't good; it's just not designed to be over-the-top like RC's. This club lounge is self-service, and offers a solid drink selection, especially at this pricepoint.

We also liked the base-level room, and we felt that although it's smaller than those at MO/RC/Andaz, the layout made sense to us and the space was well-utilized. The bed was really awesome, and when we tried room service, we were impressed.

Service was great across the board; less formal perhaps than at other 5-star places we tried, but still very good. We did not end up using the concierge this trip, so I can't comment on reservation successes.

All-in-all, we wouldn't hesitate to return. Given the rates here are typically lower than at other comparable hotels, it feels like a solid bargain for what you get.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Here now and like it. Unless something pops up I definitely recommend it except for maybe if with kids.

When arrived offered a room immediately or could wait 3 hours for suite. I chose to wait and the suite is huge, and well appointed and worth the wait. Two separate rooms connected by a hallway. Glad I waited. It is one of those suites that are worth paying for as good size, nice and good for friends and family to visit

While waiting for room, met w friend in lounge. Regularly different staff impressively told me room wasn’t ready yet. I like this - they didn’t promise too early a time so I was able to go to Ginza ($13 USD taxi ride) and shop but kept me up to date. Very proactive. Big thumbs up for this.

in general the service here has been friendly and good

lounge is nice though a little small. Seems to always have nice little snacks and sweets but I don’t partake w my diet. I missed evening food but alcohol still out at 8:20pm. I don’t drink much but for drinkers this seemed nice. No chamomile tea though.

For me a downside is they don’t let kids in after 5 (some prefer this but I like taking my son in) or make alternative arrangements. They also won’t give my son free breakfast in lounge if wife with me. First time ever at a starwood that my son would have to pay extra for lounge breakfast access.

Im here alone this time but these rules would make me think twice about coming here for family vacation. Japan and S Korea seem very inflexible on this but they are adhering to program rules so can’t complain.

My only real downside aside from rules overseeing kids and the lounge is location. Great for business but not for siteseeing. Have to take a car or metro around. Nothing around the hotel. Friend who lives locally said location awesome for business but essentially nothing around.

Overall very happy here. Would recommend. Not sure I’d come to Tokyo just to stay here but definitely nice place if you have to be here and certainly better than that awful Sheraton Miyako.
Central90210 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Here now and like it. Unless something pops up I definitely recommend it except for maybe if with kids.

When arrived offered a room immediately or could wait 3 hours for suite. I chose to wait and the suite is huge, and well appointed and worth the wait. Two separate rooms connected by a hallway. Glad I waited. It is one of those suites that are worth paying for as good size, nice and good for friends and family to visit

While waiting for room, met w friend in lounge. Regularly different staff impressively told me room wasn’t ready yet. I like this - they didn’t promise too early a time so I was able to go to Ginza ($13 USD taxi ride) and shop but kept me up to date. Very proactive. Big thumbs up for this.

lounge is nice though a little small. Seems to always have nice little snacks and sweets but I don’t partake w my diet. I missed evening food but alcohol still out at 8:20pm. I don’t drink much but for drinkers this seemed nice. No chamomile tea though.

For me a downside is they don’t let kids in after 5 (some prefer this but I like taking my son in) or make alternative arrangements. They also won’t give my son free breakfast in lounge if wife with me. First time ever at a starwood that my son would have to pay extra for lounge breakfast access.

Im here alone this time but these rules would make me think twice about coming here for family vacation. Japan and S Korea seem very inflexible on this but they are adhering to program rules so can’t complain.

My only real downside aside from rules overseeing kids and the lounge is location. Great for business but not for siteseeing. Have to take a car or metro around. Nothing around the hotel. Friend who lives locally said location awesome for business but essentially nothing around.

Overall very happy here. Would recommend. Not sure I’d come to Tokyo just to stay here but definitely nice place if you have to be here and certainly better than that awful Sheraton Miyako.
But is this hotel really worth 3 times the price of the Miyako? I’ve booked it for Xmas 2018 for 14.5k per night. Prince is almost 60k. I can’t justify the difference.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
It all depends on your budget. I’m paying full price here now and would pay double perhaps triple Sheraton. That said I’m not sure what Christmas rates would be... and probably wouldn’t get the suite upgrade that week which isnanmajor reason fornmy satisfaction this trip.

But I am hapoy here and was not at Sheraton.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yorkboy24

But is this hotel really worth 3 times the price of the Miyako? I’ve booked it for Xmas 2018 for 14.5k per night. Prince is almost 60k. I can’t justify the difference.
Christmas at any top luxury hotel in Japan will have high rates. It's like another Valentine's Day mixed with their year end holidays.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP

Totally agree with you! This hotel has different policy for kids' breakfast at lounge and Oasis Garden, if I remember correctly, 5yrs below free at lounge vs 4yrs below free at Oasis Garden. Can't understand the logic for such a policy. Also for old kids using lounge for breakfast, kids need to pay half price for breakfast+afternoon tea, no matter weather the kids would have afternoon tea or not. There is option of only breakfast at lounge, or afternoon tea for invited guest, but for kids, only option for combo. At least for me, will not choose this hotel for family trip. But for business trip to Tokyo, it's a good option

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.