Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:28 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Thanks helvetic for your replies and happy new year.

bhrubin, I am not sure why you are getting this feeling. No one was complaining about benefits or trying to sneak people into a lounge - I have never and would never try to "sneak" anyone into a lounge. I know others contributed to questions too, but for me, I simply asked what to expect when booking MULTIPLE rooms - for folks whose first time it is staying at a hotel, it is discretionary at times what Platinum benefits hotels apply to the couples each booked into a separate room. The same way you recently posted a review about the St. Regis SF and mentioned how they bent rules for you multiple times as a Platinum. No one would accuse you of trying to be frugal or trying to milk the hotel out of something - its just part of the service you receive for a being a loyal and repeat customer.

Its ridiculous to assume any hotel would accommodate 10 guests in 1 room, or as part of 1 room's lounge access. Platinum or not. Having said that, I think its quite condescending to "send" people to a different hotel just because they want to know what to expect with their reservation (or whether it's worth having another couple book directly into a club room, for example). Or to call people "Plats like those."

I don't want to misrepresent my benefits based on experiences with other properties to folks who are traveling with me. If anything, hotels should be appreciative of this multiple room business we are giving them. I've stayed in Patron Suites at the Gritti (a higher category that your Sestiere) and the Designer Suite at the St. Regis in Rome - neither thanks to my Ambassador. I also don't come online to brag and say its obvious why I received these rooms and others did not.

I just love the pursuit of travel and new experiences and I've learned so much from others' experiences on this forum - and its really quite nice to know exactly what to expect when you arrive so there are no surprises, and a lot of those lessons are learnt here. I am simply thankful and appreciative of that. Will report back on my stay at the Prince in case it helps anyone else out there - no judgment!
I refer to the totality of Golds and Plats in this thread that I believe are trying to take advantage of and/or game Platinum benefits at this luxury hotel. You are entitled to think I’m off base, of course, just as I’m entitled to my opinion. I shared my opinion.

I’ve booked multiple (2-3 and as many as 25) rooms many hundreds of times as part of my SPG Pro business. I’ve never tried to get Platinum lounge benefits for anyone else. I get the Platinum benefit for me. IMO, people trying to game the system to extend and/or share their Platinum benefit to others in multiple rooms or to get friends into lounges or the like, as has been discussed numerous times below by many different posters, have the effect IMO of watering down the benefit for those who actually earned it. I don’t approve of that, and I’m entitled to my disapproval.

For the record, I did get permission at the StR San Francisco to bring our larger dog; I also paid the pet fee of $150. I also asked for permission in advance and acted completely in good faith. I don’t think that’s the same as what often has been shared, discussed, and even plotted herein. Sorry.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jan 1, 2018 at 9:37 pm
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I’ve booked multiple (2-3 and as many as 25) rooms many hundreds of times as part of my SPG Pro business. I’ve never tried to get Platinum lounge benefits for anyone else. I get the Platinum benefit for me. IMO, people trying to game the system to extend and/or share their Platinum benefit to others in multiple rooms or to get friends into lounges or the like, as has been discussed numerous times below by many different posters, have the effect IMO of watering down the benefit for those who actually earned it. I don’t approve of that, and I’m entitled to my disapproval.
Which is why I read this thread and am asking here, instead of emailing the hotel or asking for it. I don't expect it. But given the makeup of rooms/room categories in some hotels (and it being in a different country with a different culture), there are times, due to either occupancy levels, hotel generosity, time of check in, whatever, that my room and a room I have booked for another couple end up club level.

IMO, nothing wrong with even three rooms booked under my name, if they all end up as rooms on club floors with access or higher, getting it. And if we all end up with deluxe rooms and I have club access, I want them to be able to "add it" to their stay, if they wish, and again be able to set their expectations. The pictures in this thread that showed the relevant charges, for example, were quite helpful.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by helvetic
For what it's worth, I had no problem sneaking in a couple friends into the lounge. By sneaking, I mean, nobody ever checked us to make sure we weren't going above the 2 people max (we had a group of 3).
just because they don’t check never means it’s ok. But great that you got away with it!!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
I apologize for not taking photos and having the time to do a more thorough review but was absolutely BLOWN AWAY at the service and quality of entire hotel at the Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho. I had a one night stay earlier in December for a set of meetings the following day in Tokyo. I got upgraded to a suite and got a corner room. The view is amazing (was looking toward the Imperial Palace). Had brunch at the restaurant with a colleague and the food quality was superb. I didn't get to check out the lounge but suspect it would also be great. Finally, the service was outstanding with folks eager to help out and make check-in/check-out seamless. It's super trendy and classy place and I absolutely intend to stay here on my next trip to Tokyo. It's also convenient to the Metro line which can be helpful but not too close to a JR Line (if you have large baggage)
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:23 pm

Just to confirm that yes they do check at lounge for access. They request room key card and check the system before they seat you.

I agree the service overall is nice but I wouldn't say blown away. Not sure if that poster has been to Japan before or not? Service levels in general are much higher no matter where you are.

I'm not sure I could do more than two nights here. The lounge food options are the same every. single.night. (since last year!)

Breakfast is the same... Sometimes white cream pasta vs potato option. I actually miss the gnocchi option they used to have at breakfast. The Japanese option has also been the same.

My SNA have never cleared here. YMMV.

I rarely receive upgrades these days as the hotel is busier. Much better success rate on earlier stays even without SNA.

If I were to really need club access for a second room I would reserve a club room directly. It would be hard to lose face in front of clients or friends by not getting it or causing a stir trying to gain access on the spot or at check in.

I have a soft spot for this hotel as I have stayed since they first opened. But I think once Marriott takes over the rewards program I'll give the RC a try (I haven't read that master thread yet) at that is on my bucket list.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
--- deleted ---

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Jan 3, 2018 at 5:26 am Reason: Disregard.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I have an upcoming stay there in mid feb and really looking forward to it because of many spectacular reviews on FT.

after reading some comments above, I started to feel afraid of staying at this 'luxury hotel'.

im just a solo traveler, poor and ugly guy from a 3rd world country.

will the hotel welcome me or will they kick me off immediately i show up at their front door?
What comment gave you an indication that they would treat you poorly because of how you look? Are you a dog?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Any (more) recent stay report as platinum?

should i expect any room upgrades for a 6-night stay?

do i need to pay extra for using swimming pool?

thanks in advance.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

thanks in advance.
You'd have a better chance now than during any high occupancy periods. No, pool is free of charge.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Booking a trip to Japan, and I wanted to try this hotel as a Plat. Are there any situations where they'd let me have 3 ppl in a room (my young teen son) in either a rollaway or 2 beds? The 2 single beds looked pretty big in the picture, but ... it is Japan.

Otherwise I know I can get a rollaway in the Westin Tokyo but I've stayed there a lot.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:00 am

thanks in advance.
Aventine has answered most of your questions but let me know if there’re anything more specific you want to know. I will be checking in to this hotel later this week for the first time on a BRG 25 rate.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:39 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by tripmaster
Booking a trip to Japan, and I wanted to try this hotel as a Plat. Are there any situations where they'd let me have 3 ppl in a room (my young teen son) in either a rollaway or 2 beds? The 2 single beds looked pretty big in the picture, but ... it is Japan.

Otherwise I know I can get a rollaway in the Westin Tokyo but I've stayed there a lot.
I would just be straightforward with the hotel with this request. Likely you will have to pay more, but as you probably already know Japanese hotels are very strict with how many people can stay in a room and would almost certainly notice if you tried to sneak it by them. And so you may as well ask the hotel if they have rollaway beds, though the rooms don't have a ton of free space to put one in, so it might be cramped even if they do.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by bgriff
I would just be straightforward with the hotel with this request. Likely you will have to pay more, but as you probably already know Japanese hotels are very strict with how many people can stay in a room and would almost certainly notice if you tried to sneak it by them. And so you may as well ask the hotel if they have rollaway beds, though the rooms don't have a ton of free space to put one in, so it might be cramped even if they do.
Definitely wouldnt try and sneak a guest in, in Japan! As I firm up my plans, will call them.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:43 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Maybe a language barrier but can anyone confirm if the gym has rowing machines? I was told it doesn't. I could maybe skip a day or two of rowing - but with an eight night stay I couldn't go rowing cold turkey for that length of time.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:38 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by chad75
Maybe a language barrier but can anyone confirm if the gym has rowing machines? I was told it doesn't. I could maybe skip a day or two of rowing - but with an eight night stay I couldn't go rowing cold turkey for that length of time.
I can't say for sure but I can say the the small picture on the left side of this page halfway down shows all of the cardio equipment in the gym, I'm pretty sure, and there isn't a rowing machine pictured.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.