Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Leipzig, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Leipzig, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by red star
No MAGC at this hotel. I've asked the staff member in charge of SPG relation about it but she has no idea what MAGC actually is.
Together with the regular promo exclusion it sucks since it is my favorite matress run place (300m from home and you can get the published rate down to 60€ sometimes for a classic room, prepaid, 3 days minimum stay).
Haha, didn't know what MAGC was. Not surprised. Oh well it was worth a shot. Our corp rate is a "chainwide discount" at this property (preferred negotiated rate is at Marriott) and it is now down to 93 Euro for a Deluxe (84 Euro for Classic) so not too bad for a fully flexible rate (though no internet or brekkie). I guess breakfast is at "Mutti's" then
Old May 12, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Had a multi-day stay at this property last week.

At check-in was told we were upgraded to a Suite. Suites are on the railway station end of the hotel and (including the outside deck are nearly as wide as two normal rooms plus the corridor. The living room and deck face the old town and the bedroom overlook the Zoo. The bathroom has an interesting layout divided into three separate room with a sink in each. As noted previously the shower can be entered by two doors.
A+ for the bathrooms and my wife claims the soaps, hand lotions etc were outstanding.
Overall the suite was one of the best we have stayed in ... in terms of comfort and thoughtful design. We have stayed in larger more luxurious suites but this one really suited our needs.

At check-in I opted for the PLT breakfast and I was told that this covered the cold buffet but not the hot. It was then stated that there would be an 8 Euro a person charge to upgrade to the full buffet. All very clear. My wife wanted the full buffet. When I handed my PLT Breakfast Coupon to the serving person we were asked if we wanted the hot buffet, we replied yes. She told us that would be an extra 8 Euro, and I signed a paper with our name and our room number. All very clear and precise. Ironically after we left the hotel, the next day I was looking at the bill (we left in a hurry in a rain storm), we were not charged for the breakfasts. In any case the breakfast is I think in the top rung of European Hotel Buffet breakfasts. You can get a cooked to order omelet (the one I had one morning with crispy bacon and vegetables was excellent). They also will do eggs any was you want. Most people seemed to opt for the scrambled eggs on the buffet or baked egg in a cup. Americans who like eggs well done should be warned that the baked eggs often seem not completely cooked. The cut your own slice breads were excellent if you like heavy whole grain or dense rye. Section of about 6 types of sliced cheeses (popular in Europe) about 12 types of feta and soft cheeses in bowls, and about 10 types of cheeses with skins including 3 or 4 oozy types, and a few very pungent ones. A similarly large selection of sausages and salami types and ham cold cuts. Nice selection of fruits, fruit salad and 4 types of yogurt. 6 juice selections all very tasty.

At check-in we were noted told about the drinks or appetizers mentioned by other posts. It turns out we were never in the hotel at the appropriate time. It was be useful if the hotel had a simple list of platinum benefits available and handed this out at check-in.

The hotel has four restaurants. The top floor one (Falco) we did not visit. It seems to be sort of a night club and people going up on the elevator were very dressed up. There is a Japanese restaurant associated with or near the Lobby bar. The main evening restaurant is called Gusto. It has an eclectic menu. We ate there one night and were to only guests around 7.30 or 8. The food was quite good but pricier than the same quality in the town.

Great location. Easy less than 2 block walk to main station (come out of front entrance of hotel... turn right, cross double road and proceed down ally like road and you come out a side entrance to the station. Easy walk (about 8 blocks to Bach Museum etc.).

The town center overs many eating options.
Old May 12, 2014, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
The hotel has four restaurants. The top floor one (Falco) we did not visit. It seems to be sort of a night club and people going up on the elevator were very dressed up.

Falco has two Michelin stars and it would not surprise me to see them getting another one soon.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Just to check back after some time...is there any update on Platinum benefits at this hotel? I'm in a similar pair of shoes as my previous post in this thread as I have both reservations for the Marriott and the Westin. I know the Marriott has reduced Elite-Benefits pretty substantially (removing the well-drinks from the lounge and no longer allowing to have breakfast in the restaurant when the lounge is open), so I wonder if something similar happened to Platinum benefits at the Westin...

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by djohannw
Just to check back after some time...is there any update on Platinum benefits at this hotel? I'm in a similar pair of shoes as my previous post in this thread as I have both reservations for the Marriott and the Westin. I know the Marriott has reduced Elite-Benefits pretty substantially (removing the well-drinks from the lounge and no longer allowing to have breakfast in the restaurant when the lounge is open), so I wonder if something similar happened to Platinum benefits at the Westin...

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Greetings - Dirk
Nothing changed as of early March 2015, drinks & snacks downstairs und a decent chance to get a corner suite upstairs. They also offered a discount for the breakfast buffet, IIRC it was €15.

Well-managed property, the suites are among the best SPG has to offer in Germany, almost identical to the ones at the WG Frankfurt.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FD1971
Nothing changed as of early March 2015, drinks & snacks downstairs und a decent chance to get a corner suite upstairs. They also offered a discount for the breakfast buffet, IIRC it was €15.

Well-managed property, the suites are among the best SPG has to offer in Germany, almost identical to the ones at the WG Frankfurt.
Thanks for the update - is this discount on the buffet based on choosing breakfast as your amenity, or can one chose points and then add the breakfast at 15€?

Greetings - Dirk
Old Apr 1, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Just stayed here for one night.

Check in staff was amazing and certainly one of the best places in terms of platinum recognition. (Check in staff even remembered my name for each subsequent time I walked through the lobby and each subsequent interaction) Received a complimentary upgrade to a very nice junior suite on the top floor with a great city view.

Chose the complimentary breakfast - both hot and cold items were complimentary for me (or at least wait staff at the restaurant did not ask me to pay more for hot food).
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
I'm again happy with that place. Early-check in, suite upgrade, very friendly and helpful staff throughout.

At the bar they now present you a small Platinum drink menu, listing soft drinks / coffee (11am-7pm) and alcohol selection (happy hour 6pm-7pm, this includes different types of beer and wine plus an "SPG cocktail"). The delicious "taster plate" is still served at happy hour.

As has been mentioned before, breakfast amenity includes the whole buffet with hot and cold items.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:22 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We stayed here in May and (accidentally) timed our stay to coincide with the International Goth Festival. It was quite a juxtaposition to be in a sleek, high rise, business hotel surrounded by multitudes of elaborately costumed Goths. (the hotel evidently woos them with special advance rates during the Festival)

We had booked a junior suite for 14000 points and the room was great- on a high floor with beautiful views of the city and zoo. The room itself was modern and well appointed and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. As a plat we received vouchers for the breakfast buffet.

Fortunately, we had reserved Falco 3 months in advance (it was sold out throughout our stay) and it was SO worth it- one of the finest meals we have ever had. The restaurant has gorgeous views and the food is inventive and delicious. Compared to other fine dining experiences (Steirereck, Le Bernardin, Enoteca Pinchiorri) one of the fun things about Falco is the relaxed, irreverent attitude at the restaurant. Everyone, from the hostess to the servers to the sommelier seemed to be having a great time. It definitely lived up to its Michelin reputation.

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of most attractions.
We would definitely return again.

Last edited by damon88; Jun 22, 2016 at 12:28 pm Reason: correct typo :))
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:06 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Any plats stay here recently with an update on benefits ?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Srisarin
Any plats stay here recently with an update on benefits ?
You have to pay 5 Euro each time you use the hotel pool.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Update: at check in was only offered a deluxe room, and asked for a suite. Told none were available. When I mentioned there were several for sale on the website, bam, upgrade to a "Deluxe Suite" (not junior but full deluxe)

Wasn't told anything about a happy hour, but I'll investigate. Love the design, but as someone who doesn't like heights the balcony is....difficult!
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Originally Posted by kingkong123
You have to pay 5 Euro each time you use the hotel pool.
Yep, can confirm that's still the case, even as Platinum.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Anyone has stay there recently during. Bonvoy?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101
Anyone has stay there recently during. Bonvoy?
Few weeks ago on a 63€ mattress run to activate the 2.stay double points promo for an expensive stay to follow.
Didn‘t see my room though cause my home is right around the corner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.