Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Leipzig, Germany [Master Thread]

Westin Leipzig, Germany [Master Thread]

Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Jaja, I read the tread, but sometimes plat benefits are changed or even downgraded, so I asked to get some recent info!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: SPG, AA, HH, IHG
Sounds great. I will be the in December. Last time I was there as basic member and got a standard room on high floor. The room itself was ok just on the bed there was only one pillow. I am not really a pillow lover but even Holiday inn express offer 4 pillows.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:20 am

Me too...one stay in December and one in January. Really looking forward to it
Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:50 pm

Stayed here for 3 nights last week. Managed to BRG down my rate to 62 EUR per night, for a deluxe room including breakfast.

Got upgraded to one of their deluxe suites without any fuzz. Like others have mentioned, the suite have a separate living room and a large balcony. The bathroom is very nice Both Bose iPod docks and Loewe tvs (rather old, but fine). However, the suite decription mentioned both Bvlgari amenities and complimentary minibar - no such thing! Still the bathroom amenities were pretty good - Acca Kappa. They were rather cheap on refilling those - housekeeping was good apart from that.

WIFI worked fine, but every time I moved from the living room to the bedroom or downstairs I had to log in again.

The breakfast was good. Only thing I can say is that the staff were a little slow on refilling the items.

Like others have mentioned - there is no club lounge, but there is free drinks from NOON till 7PM for Plats in the lobby lounge. From 6PM Plats will get a plate with tasty starters (these were the same for the duration of my stay).

I have a little mixed opinion about the staff - none of them were especially friendly. All of them were a little grumpy, cold and indifferent - and it felt like they were doing me a huge favour every time I asked a question or asked for something.

Great location!

Overall I was very satisfied with my stay. At 62 EUR per night there is nothing to complain about. Great value!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:37 am

I feel really shortchanged when I read this. Stayed here 1 night in late June 2012 on a corporate rate of about Eur 110. While the reception did a good job in upgrading me to a suite (new suite with shower which can be entered from both sides and with a glass panel looking into the bedroom) bu noting that I am a Plat, nothing was mentioned about the free drinks and no free breakfast too. Was told my rate didn't come with breakfast and I assumed I opted for points instead hence no breakfast
Old Dec 24, 2012, 6:25 pm

They did not inform me about this at check in. I knew this thanks to Flyertalk and this mastertread. When I asked they told me how it worked.

My rate included breakfast, I am not sure if it is included for plats. You can chose breakfast as your amenity and then I guess it will be full breakfast.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Quick Question here: I have a reservation for tonight both at the Westin (reservation shows a deluxe Suite as upgrade) and the Marriott (received an upgrade there last week already, however to an executive room only). Both reservations can still be cancelled, and the Westin is about 20€ more expensive than the Marriott. I am Platinum with SPG and Platinum Premier with Marriott, if that matters - any suggestion where to rest my head tonight?

I am currently leaning towards keeping the Marriott reservation because they have a proper lounge (not just until 7pm) and I am traveling alone, so the extra room of a suite is not really needed - and also because the Westin does not participate in the current promotion. But can anyone convince me to keep the Westin reservation?

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Well, I love the Deluxe Suites and I always have had the opportunity to get enough beer until 7 pm. The view is great, however, my Westin rate is 79 Euro all in, so this is somehow unbeatable by other properties
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Well, I love the Deluxe Suites and I always have had the opportunity to get enough beer until 7 pm. The view is great, however, my Westin rate is 79 Euro all in, so this is somehow unbeatable by other properties
FWIW, I decided to go with my Marriott-reservation...also about 20 Euros below you Westin rate (my rates were 83 Euro incl. breakfast for the Westin and 61 Euro for the Marriott that gives full buffet for Plats in there restaurant despite having a lounge). Camel's back broke by weighing in the non-participation for the current promotion - the Marriott stay brings me my second free night certificate a week earlier than originally planned...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
It does not get any better than the Deluxe Suites at the Westin Leipzig, we are talking about Bulgari, Loewe and Walter Knoll here, not to mention the balcony and view...high above the Marriott.

Well, actually the Westin Grand Frankfurt has almost the same interior in their suites.

Half a free night is a good argument for the Marriott, though.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:38 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hmm I guess our corp rate of around 95 Euro without breakfast and all for a Deluxe room pretty much suc*s then (Marriott is 89 Euro incl. breakfast). Wondering how everyone manages to get such low rates. Oh well, saw that the advance rate dropped from 95 to 76 Euro in the last few weeks, but that's for a Classic room without anything Maybe it'll get cheaper still, I'll keep an eye on it.

Anyways, I grew up getting special treat meals at the Hotel Merkur (old name during GDR times) so it will be nice to bring back some memories though the German & Italian restaurants plus the "intershop" are long gone I'm only SPG Corp Preferred (like SPG Gold, but no 3x points) so at max. I'm hoping to get an upgrade from Deluxe to Grand Deluxe with the Heavenly Bed. A few extra points into my meager SPG balance will be nice though annoying that this Westin (like others in Germany) always seems to be excluded from the global SPG promos.

Does anyone know if they offer the "Make a Green Choice" option where you skip house keeping and can get 500 SPG points per night (minus departure night) instead? Thanks.

Last edited by demue; Sep 14, 2013 at 3:56 am
Old Sep 14, 2013, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by demue
Hmm I guess our corp rate of around 95 Euro without breakfast and all for a Deluxe room pretty much suc*s then (Marriott is 89 Euro incl. breakfast). Wondering how everyone manages to get such low rates. Oh well, saw that the advance rate dropped from 95 to 76 Euro in the last few weeks, but that's for a Classic room without anything Maybe it'll get cheaper still, I'll keep an eye on it.

Anyways, I grew up getting special treat meals at the Hotel Merkur (old name during GDR times) so it will be nice to bring back some memories though the German & Italian restaurants plus the "intershop" are long gone I'm only SPG Corp Preferred (like SPG Gold, but no 3x points) so at max. I'm hoping to get an upgrade from Deluxe to Grand Deluxe with the Heavenly Bed. A few extra points into my meager SPG balance will be nice though annoying that this Westin (like others in Germany) always seems to be excluded from the global SPG promos.

Does anyone know if they offer the "Make a Green Choice" option where you skip house keeping and can get 500 SPG points per night (minus departure night) instead? Thanks.
No MAGC at this hotel. I've asked the staff member in charge of SPG relation about it but she has no idea what MAGC actually is.
Together with the regular promo exclusion it sucks since it is my favorite matress run place (300m from home and you can get the published rate down to 60€ sometimes for a classic room, prepaid, 3 days minimum stay).
Old Sep 15, 2013, 2:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by demue
Leipzig is booming with strong increases in occupancy and Revpar.

Consequently, it is a bit more difficult to get the ultra-cheap rates, even more so at the Fuerstenhof around the corner.

Cheap rates still exist, but you can clearly feel that the market has changed over the last three years.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
Leipzig is booming with strong increases in occupancy and Revpar.

Consequently, it is a bit more difficult to get the ultra-cheap rates, even more so at the Fuerstenhof around the corner.

Cheap rates still exist, but you can clearly feel that the market has changed over the last three years.
Booming? I wish it were so. Leipzig is not doing badly, it still has however by far too much hotel rooms and more to come. My rate is still in the range of 69 or 74 at the Westin and a few euro north of hundred at the fuerstenhof. To my belief Leipzig offers the best value fr money in Western Europe if it comes to hotels....
Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:23 am
Suspended

Booming? I wish it were so. Leipzig is not doing badly, it still has however by far too much hotel rooms and more to come. My rate is still in the range of 69 or 74 at the Westin and a few euro north of hundred at the fuerstenhof. To my belief Leipzig offers the best value fr money in Western Europe if it comes to hotels....
Of course, it is still Eastern Germany, it is still a town with a fair and convention market that has some nice peaks, but also many valleys. The new major shopping mall has helped a lot, I was told recently, but as you have mentioned, we saw a lot of new hotels in recent years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.