Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Great Northern Hotel, Tribute Portfolio - London, UK [Master Thread]

Great Northern Hotel, Tribute Portfolio - London, UK [Master Thread]

Old Feb 5, 19, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
FWIW - my guess (and it's only that) is that someone deciphered the various P categories & figured out Ambassador & probably knew the title w/o actually knowing all it means. I've heard that (unlike now) post 2/13 the system will actually list Ambassador typed out, so if properties do training they know Ambassadors are top tier. Not the new (name withheld, really, really, really invite only, unpublished & most on this forum won't qualify. including Ambassadors) top tier, but top tier in general.

BTW - color me different than hockeyinsider. I don't actually need folk kissing my feet to have a pleasant stay at a property.

Cheers.
Old Feb 5, 19, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
But as an ambassador there wasn't anything extra? No welcome letter from general manager or surprise bottle of wine?
Is it a surprise when you seem to be expecting it? Furthermore, what impact does a letter from the GM have on your stay?
Old Feb 6, 19, 12:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
FWIW - my guess (and it's only that) is that someone deciphered the various P categories & figured out Ambassador & probably knew the title w/o actually knowing all it means.
Cheers.
Iím not sure how many European properties outside of Sheraton and Westin are really going from Lightspeed and Marsha. I know here they have their own system at check-in which takes in codes on the back-end and is displayed to the team differently. This was an issue in August as the options were still just Gold or Platinum.
Old Feb 6, 19, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs View Post

Is it a surprise when you seem to be expecting it? Furthermore, what impact does a letter from the GM have on your stay?
It's a nice touch that doesn't cost anything. Heck, they could have a digital signature on file to make it even easier to do.
Old Feb 19, 19, 4:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
(Yet) another good stay here, but disappointing to see that they've changed the TV so there's no longer the opening screen with a variety of free full movies. It's just TV channels now. What is notable is that their reception system has been updated, so the team is now very aware of Ambassador customers (not that I've ever been put in anything but the top category room in the last 2 years anyways).
Note: This update is actually inaccurate, my apologies. The TV used to default to the interactive screen, but it now defaults to TV. Menu button will bring up the movies - I can only think the "menu" button was broken on my last stay. I still think it's a really nice touch to have a good selection of up to date content.
Old Feb 20, 19, 6:22 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
@EuropeanPete...full free movies? How did I miss that during my stay?
Old Jun 12, 19, 2:40 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Do they still pre-allocate upgraded rooms to Plats?
Old Jun 13, 19, 3:34 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, HH Diamond, PC Gold, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Isochronous View Post
Do they still pre-allocate upgraded rooms to Plats?
Have been from my experiences. Usually a few days out, with final sweeps the evening prior / overnight. It depends on how busy the hotel is, but I have never received anything less than an upgrade to the largest standard room type here.
Isochronous likes this.