Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Duo Milan Porta Nuova, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duo Milan Porta Nuova, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hello,
Here is an email for the Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center from their website: [email protected]
Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
In March of this year This hotel will be rebranded as Tribute Portfolio "DUO MILAN Porta Nuova"!
On the top floor there will be a new restaurant with Peruvian cuisine.
Most of the rooms have been already refurbished with a new style.
oxfordjames and est-gratuite like this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 7:15 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Officially rebranded to
DUO MILAN PORTA NUOVA, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
on February 13, 2023 per following email:

Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing us for your upcoming stay.

As you prepare for your trip, we would like to share some exciting news as Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center enters a new chapter in its history becoming DUO MILAN PORTA NUOVA, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL, always part of the Marriott family, as of 13th February 2023.

You might have received an email stating your reservation has been cancelled, however this is an automated process caused by the fact that a new booking has been made into our newly updated systems. Please rest assured that the total cost of the stay, as well as the benefits you may expect to receive at the hotel will not be affected.

We look forward to welcoming you to the newly renovated Duo Milan Porta Nuova, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
- As a result of rebranding, all awards for this property disappeared from the hotel website. I will be staying there mid March on (otherwise expiring) 25k certificate and will report.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 7:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold | Marriott Bonvoy LTP
Originally Posted by Alex_I
I will be staying there mid March on (otherwise expiring) 25k certificate and will report.
Would love to hear how the hotel is after re-branding. Very good gelato place near by along with 2 or 3 good dinner options.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:43 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I've stayed at this FP before, several times, and I don't see how this can now become a Tribute Portfolio hotel, unless they went through massive renovations....
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by enelym1978
I've stayed at this FP before, several times, and I don't see how this can now become a Tribute Portfolio hotel, unless they went through massive renovations....
Looking at the photos on the official website, it looks exactly the same as before.
They just changed the name and brand.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...rtfolio-hotel/

Old Feb 19, 2023, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Looking at the photos on the official website, it looks exactly the same as before.
They just changed the name and brand.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...rtfolio-hotel/

The only rates I see are prepay and non-refundable, non-changeable. I also don't see any points stays.
Old May 23, 2023, 2:22 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Stayed at this property this past weekend.

Pros:
  • Less than a 10 minute walk to the Centrale train station
  • Elite breakfast was decent (including several warm options) but was very busy
  • Gym was small, but serviceable
  • All the employees I interacted with were friendly
Cons
  • Check-in desk was very small and placement of a beam in the middle of the desk meant that it was hard to form a natural line
  • Check-in was very slow
  • Very, very, very, very thin walls. I could hear everything in the rooms on both sides of me.

Overall, it was an okay mid-tier Marriott. The room rate was considerably less expensive than a lot of other options nearby, but I’d likely choose somewhere else next time I’m in Milan.
Old May 23, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Benner
Stayed at this property this past weekend.

Pros:
  • Less than a 10 minute walk to the Centrale train station
  • Elite breakfast was decent (including several warm options) but was very busy
  • Gym was small, but serviceable
  • All the employees I interacted with were friendly
Cons
  • Check-in desk was very small and placement of a beam in the middle of the desk meant that it was hard to form a natural line
  • Check-in was very slow
  • Very, very, very, very thin walls. I could hear everything in the rooms on both sides of me.

Overall, it was an okay mid-tier Marriott. The room rate was considerably less expensive than a lot of other options nearby, but I’d likely choose somewhere else next time I’m in Milan.
The first two Cons you list are things I can live with, but the third is reason enough to put this property on my Avoid list.

Hilton Milan still looks a much better option for me than any of the Marriott places in terms of value/location (at least till I lose Diamond in March 2024), although the rooms themselves are definitely 'legacy'.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 12:40 am

I will be staying at the property for one night in about two weeks. Any questions ? I booked this due to location and price as I am not looking for a super luxury hotel in Milan for just one night. I am only Silver so will unlikely be upgraded from the base "Gioia" room.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Email address for the hotel:

[email protected]
Old Nov 22, 2023, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I will be staying at the property for one night in about two weeks. Any questions ? I booked this due to location and price as I am not looking for a super luxury hotel in Milan for just one night. I am only Silver so will unlikely be upgraded from the base "Gioia" room.
So how was the stay?

I'm staying there over this weekend and the only thing I'm concerned about would be the soundproofing between rooms, though I don't remember being bothered by it when it was FourPoints.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 7:28 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by enelym1978
So how was the stay?
I'm staying there over this weekend and the only thing I'm concerned about would be the soundproofing between rooms, though I don't remember being bothered by it when it was FourPoints.
I thought it was comfortable and fine. The room was small but was fine for me being solo and for the price point. The location is a bit of a walk from the metro station but the neighbourhood seems relatively safe. The gym in the basement was decent and barely used. Front desk staff were fine - not rude but not welcoming either. I don't recall any sound issues in the room.

Lobby:

Room:

Gym:

est-gratuite likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 2:25 pm

Wanted to write a review but they charged me €18 after I checked out. Before I reached home. No idea what it’s for. I emailed the assistant front office manager but it’s been more than 24H and absolutely zéro answer whatsoever. If they don’t respond by tomorrow I’ll initiate a charge back. Nothing else I hate more than this.
Singapore_Air likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.