Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Milan Center, Italy [Master Thread]

Four Points Milan Center, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Oct 31, 10, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
1>2 yes. 2>3 no.
I booked one, and they charged me for two. They didnt even tell me they were doing it, but I noticed it on the bill. I was rather offended they didnt say anything to me about it.

Was surprised though to see this hotel has a club lounge with breakfast and all-day drinks. No evening snacks though.
Old Oct 31, 10, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You should have challenged them on that. I don't think you should pay for two as a Platinum member. At least I never have at any Starwood hotel. Or take it up with Starwood customer service.
Old Oct 31, 10, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think you should pay for two as a Platinum member.
Unfortunately that is not a program benefit, so if you're two you need to book and pay for two (or book for one and pay for two, as in this case!).

Many hotels, especially in North America, have the same exact rate whether it's 1 or 2 guests, so the issue at those properties is moot.

IIRC the spousal/companion benefit is there with other hotel programs, and helps when you're out on business and the spouse comes along.
Old Jul 11, 11, 4:37 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
They are renovating a part of the rooms right now. Available in September.
Old Nov 11, 11, 3:26 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb View Post
They are renovating a part of the rooms right now. Available in September.
I stayed in one of the renovated rooms earlier this week, and thought it was quite nice (surprisingly so, for a Four Points actually).

Very modern decor, nicely updated bathroom, large LCD TV, in-room international plug adapter (I was traveling with my own, but it was nice to be able to charge several devices at the same time), etc. I greatly preferred my room at the Four Points over the one I had right before at the Sheraton Diana Majestic.

Other thoughts / comments:
  • Room service food was pretty poor (I know - why get room service in Milan? But I was traveling solo and trying to get some work done!), but I thought the breakfast buffet spread was actually quite good.
  • There is free wifi, but it is horrifically slow - and you need to go down to the front desk to get login credentials. They'll give you more than one if you ask, and each lasts for 24hours or 200MB download or 50MB upload. Despite the slow speeds, I blew through the downloads limit pretty quickly each time.
  • Immediate area isn't all that great, but the proximity to Centrale Station was very convenient for catching the metro, and a bus to Linate airport
  • Front desk staff was very friendly
Old Jan 6, 12, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by milesmuncher View Post
I stayed in one of the renovated rooms earlier this week, and thought it was quite nice (surprisingly so, for a Four Points actually).

Very modern decor, nicely updated bathroom, large LCD TV, in-room international plug adapter (I was traveling with my own, but it was nice to be able to charge several devices at the same time), etc. I greatly preferred my room at the Four Points over the one I had right before at the Sheraton Diana Majestic.

• Room service food was pretty poor (I know - why get room service in Milan? But I was traveling solo and trying to get some work done!), but I thought the breakfast buffet spread was actually quite good.
  • There is free wifi, but it is horrifically slow - and you need to go down to the front desk to get login credentials. They'll give you more than one if you ask, and each lasts for 24hours or 200MB download or 50MB upload. Despite the slow speeds, I blew through the downloads limit pretty quickly each time.
  • Immediate area isn't all that great, but the proximity to Centrale Station was very convenient for catching the metro, and a bus to Linate airport
Agree - great staff - going back soon.
Old Apr 14, 12, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by milesmuncher View Post

Agreed. This is my preferred hotel in MIL. I stay there 4-6 times a year. Front desk is terrific, "Oh my Mr. Elitetraveler, I see you are somehow now Gold. To us you are Platinum!!!"

Agree on the renovated rooms. I only wish they could get half way decent Wifi - it is a big downer on an otherwise great property!
Old Oct 19, 12, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
Was surprised though to see this hotel has a club lounge with breakfast and all-day drinks. No evening snacks though.
good to know this property has a lounge....is free breakfast offered to plats in the lounge or does one have to chose between the points & breakfast????
Old Oct 19, 12, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
good to know this property has a lounge....is free breakfast offered to plats in the lounge or does one have to chose between the points & breakfast????
Like with most mid-range Italian hotels, breakfast is often included in the rate; check your rates/what's on offer at the moment.
Old Oct 20, 12, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hillrider View Post
Like with most mid-range Italian hotels, breakfast is often included in the rate; check your rates/what's on offer at the moment.
i'm using points....so no breakfast in the rate....
Old Oct 20, 12, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It used to be in the lounge for Plats but I haven't been there since the breakfast amenity began. I would assume that it is probably the same though. This is a FP so don't expect a fancy breakfast.
Old Oct 20, 12, 5:42 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
I suggest you double check Keyser as I don't believe there is a lounge and I am there every other week.

The staff are first class, I actually prefer the older non-renovated rooms but always find the showers "interesting"
Old Oct 20, 12, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pdsuk View Post
I suggest you double check Keyser as I don't believe there is a lounge and I am there every other week.
The "lounge" isn't very evident. It is in the lobby near the bar. It's just a place set aside for Platinum breakfasts. Or it was like that the last time I was there.
Old Oct 20, 12, 8:18 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
The "lounge" isn't very evident. It is in the lobby near the bar. It's just a place set aside for Platinum breakfasts. Or it was like that the last time I was there.
As far as I remember, the lounge is not near the Bar downstairs. It is located in the room / space over the Restaurant. There is a coffee maschine. Over the day there are soft drinks, chips etc. and alcohol. No beer and no wine.
Old Oct 20, 12, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb View Post
As far as I remember, the lounge is not near the Bar downstairs. It is located in the room / space over the Restaurant. There is a coffee maschine. Over the day there are soft drinks, chips etc. and alcohol. No beer and no wine.
That is for the happy hour. But the breakfast is down near the bar. At least it used to be.

Personally I'm not a breakfast person and at happy hour I much prefer to be out and about in Milano rather than spending time at the FP!

Search this Thread