Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
Print Wikipost

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:04 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by templar42
were I seeing a 'professional', wouldn't he or she bring them?
No.

This is a good story which includes how condoms ended up in all the hotel rooms in Thailand.
https://www.ted.com/talks/mechai_vir...a_better_place
LIH Prem and Amitbe11 like this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by yosithezet

No.

This is a good story which includes how condoms ended up in all the hotel rooms in Thailand.
I see! I'd still prefer them to be in a drawer though!

Edit: Are you an expat in SIN? I recently based myself there.

Last edited by templar42; Jul 10, 2018 at 9:05 am Reason: Noticed poster's location.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Along those lines, remember that the "Sheraton" across the street is a Luxury Collection property, a Sheraton in name only.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Westin=>Hilton
Luxury Collection=>Conrad

Though the SGS (Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit) is much superior to the Conrad Bangkok (IMO). And the pricing reflects that.
Thanks for these pointers. I'll bear them in mind. I'm moving to the Hilton Sukhumvit on Friday and I have a feeling I'll prefer the rooms there.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by yosithezet

No.

Fantastic video. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Westin usually sells at a discount as the rooms are a bit tired. The location however is excellent and breakfast reasonable.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Just completed my stay at Westin... Had to choose between points and breakfast as platinum amenities but the breakfast selection was excellent. The complimentary workout classes, especially the Thai boxing class, were great too. Managed to get an upgrade to Deluxe Suite too.

cy1978hk likes this.

Last edited by l380; Oct 19, 2018 at 11:37 am
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by l380
Just completed my stay at Westin... Had to choose between points and breakfast as platinum amenities but the breakfast selection was excellent. The complimentary workout classes, especially the Thai boxing class, were great too. Managed to get an upgrade to Deluxe Suite too.

which breakfast you are referring to? There is breakfast in the lounge also right? Why you want to opt for breakfast?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:48 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Lounge Expansion

The WGS has Executive Lounge into the room next to the far end of the lounge.

Entrance Seating

Serving area full room

Serving area full room

New Room

New Room

From TV to TV across all 5 rooms
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Another benefit getting bonvoyed.
Now need to sacrifice 1000pt for the restaurant breakfast.
Expecting more property to follow.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Just had a good 2 night stay at this property.

As a titanium member, got upgraded to a Deluxe suite, which was a nice, big room. My room rate included breakfast, so I got to choose the points, and still got the restaurant breakfast which was pretty impressive. I found the rooms quite dated, but acceptable for a 2 night stay - probably why the rate was a little bit cheaper than other hotels.

The pool was a good size, but didn't use it, as they had their pool party, so used the Four Points pool next door. I liked the Exec lounge offerings, a wide selection of food and drink for the evening slot.

I'd be happy to stay at this hotel again, as the location was good, but would probably opt to try a different one, which would hopefully be more modern. One thing, is that the pool didn't get any sun in the morning, which was a bit of a turn-off. Ideally would try to find a hotel which had sun all day.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
My room rate included breakfast, so I got to choose the points, and still got the restaurant breakfast which was pretty impressive..
They should give you the restaurant breakfast since your room rate included breakfast and they should give you welcome points since you are Titanium elite. I would color it impressive if they awarded you both breakfast and points with room rate not including breakfast.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Ok, now I'm a bit confused (trying to update the exec lounge sticky). Correct me if I'm wrong so I can post correctly in the sticky. The property now has an exec lounge, so Plat & above get access. If they want breakfast in restaurant, they have to choose it as PAG option. Is that right?

Cheers.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tomwhom
They should give you the restaurant breakfast since your room rate included breakfast and they should give you welcome points since you are Titanium elite. I would color it impressive if they awarded you both breakfast and points with room rate not including breakfast.
Pretty sure he meant the breakfast was impressive not the points accrual.

QUOTE=SkiAdcock;30875479]Ok, now I'm a bit confused (trying to update the exec lounge sticky). Correct me if I'm wrong so I can post correctly in the sticky. The property now has an exec lounge, so Plat & above get access. If they want breakfast in restaurant, they have to choose it as PAG option. Is that right?

Cheers.[/QUOTE]
There has always been an executive lounge. Previously they would give the welcome amenity and breakfast could be taken in the lounge or dining room, now if you wish to dine in the dining room you need to give up points amenity, breakfast in the lounge is still available to plats.

The only issue really is the Westin lounge is rather small and can be very crowded.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Ok, now I'm a bit confused (trying to update the exec lounge sticky). Correct me if I'm wrong so I can post correctly in the sticky. The property now has an exec lounge, so Plat & above get access. If they want breakfast in restaurant, they have to choose it as PAG option. Is that right?

Cheers.
Yes. Executive lounge serves breakfast for Plat+. If Plat+ want breakfast in restaurant, one will have to choose that as a welcome amenity.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Originally Posted by tomwhom
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Pretty sure he meant the breakfast was impressive not the points accrual.
Yes, apologies for bad grammar: the breakfast was impressive, not the points / amenity distribution

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.