Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
Print Wikipost

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2009, 9:38 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by yosithezet
This is an image of the taxi card from the WGS in Bangkok. It has the hotel details in English and Thai making it easy to hand to a taxi driver when trying to reach the hotel. While the hotel gives them out it may be beneficial to have one with you when you are getting a taxi from the airport at the start of your stay.

Thanks for taking the time to do this!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:28 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
A few months ago the WGS changed their bathroom amenities. I was disappointed because they stopped providing the oatmeal soap in the bathroom. Recently I exchanged email with the property and casually mentioned that I was disappointed that the oatmeal soap was no longer provided. My next stay was weekend before last and I found oatmeal soap in my suite. I was pretty happy about this.

Before arriving this past weekend I got an email that I'd been upgraded to a suite. The WGS is part of the upgrade email pilot program. I arrived before my suite was ready. I was offered breakfast in the restaurant but opted to just go spend time in the lounge and have a bite up there. The front desk agent said he'd be up with the key when the suite was ready and that he'd be sure to inform housekeeping to stock the room with oatmeal soap per my request. Apparently they have added a note about it to my profile. While I didn't mean for it to become a special request I am thrilled that they pay so much attention to the comments and email interactions. Way to go WGS!
Old Sep 6, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
By reading all the posts here the treatment of Platinum Member seems to be quite good. I'm just a "lowly" Gold member and I'm used not to expect much, but how probable is it to get upgraded to a Executive Club room with lounge access at the WGS?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by olisch
By reading all the posts here the treatment of Platinum Member seems to be quite good. I'm just a "lowly" Gold member and I'm used not to expect much, but how probable is it to get upgraded to a Executive Club room with lounge access at the WGS?
I got to know the people that worked in the lounge pretty well when I was staying there often in the past and as a plat always had access. I asked if they ever upgraded golds and was told no.....not unless they use points to upgrade. This was a couple of years go but doubt it has changed.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I got to know the people that worked in the lounge pretty well when I was staying there often in the past and as a plat always had access. I asked if they ever upgraded golds and was told no.....not unless they use points to upgrade. This was a couple of years go but doubt it has changed.
Judging by the number of Platinum sheaths I see regularly being prepared in the lounge I doubt this has changed.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 11:53 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Judging by the number of Platinum sheaths I see regularly being prepared in the lounge I doubt this has changed.

Thanks anyway for the information
Old Oct 18, 2009, 7:55 am

There is a bit of renovation going on at the WGS this month. I think it should be finished this week IIRC.

They are replacing the hallway carpet on floors 18-24, working on some water pressure issues and it seems totally redoing the lounge. Meanwhile the lounge has moved down the hallway to a series of connected rooms which is pretty comfortable.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:03 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH Senator, TG Gold, AA Platinum
There is a bit of renovation going on at the WGS this month. I think it should be finished this week IIRC.

They are replacing the hallway carpet on floors 18-24, working on some water pressure issues and it seems totally redoing the lounge. Meanwhile the lounge has moved down the hallway to a series of connected rooms which is pretty comfortable.
I wish they could do something with the giant size computer monitors at the club lounge reception desk. It is kind of annoying not being able to see or speak face to face with the agent. When I stand they say please be seated...a small detail, maybe it is me.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: Delta splat ! SPG plat . Hyatt Diamond . UA 1P
That lounge was so grim

I might give the place another try then if they get a more comfortable lounge
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:35 am

I was at the WGS last month in a suite, and then stayed at the SGS a few weeks ago in a suite.

I'll never stay at the Westin again.

Using SGS's Living Room as a lounge and BarSu for happy hour was leaps and bounds above the Westin.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:48 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH Senator, TG Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by delter
I might give the place another try then if they get a more comfortable lounge
I agree about the quality of the lounge. If your budget allows, I would stay at the the Sheraton Sukhumvit (assuming you need to be in the area) and stay in a grande deluxe room/suite. The drinks and the snacks in the "Living Room" and "BarSu", I think, are better than the Westin. For the best 'lounge' experience in BKK I like the ROS...but others have disagreed. I have also tried the PA "Royal Club" but was not impressed....again, just my experience. Whoops, I took too long to post...macabus is correct, I agree 100%

Last edited by yvrguy; Oct 18, 2009 at 9:23 am Reason: took to long to post. macabus is right on.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Stayed at the SGS and le Meridien in September. First time to Thailand, and either property.

The Suite I received at le Meridien was phenomenal, but Happy hour in BarSu was so much better than at le Meridien. SGS service was fast and friendly, and drinks were strong. Food spread was great! At le Meridien, it took a loooong time to get a drink, and they were pretty weak. three little pieces of sushi was all the food you got.

If you want a modern room, the SGS isn't the hotel, but for service and amenities... it can't be matched!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:33 pm

I thought we had another thread to compare the various options available in Bangkok against each other.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
stayed here earlier this month....did not notice any renovations going on....maybe they started after my stay....got upgraded to a very nice executive suite....really liked the location....got an email the day before the stay confirming an upgrade to a club room....on arrival was further upgraded to the executive suite....
Old Oct 19, 2009, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by saad
stayed here earlier this month....did not notice any renovations going on....maybe they started after my stay....got upgraded to a very nice executive suite....really liked the location....got an email the day before the stay confirming an upgrade to a club room....on arrival was further upgraded to the executive suite....
They started about a week or so into the month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.