Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chennai (MAA) India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chennai (MAA) India

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
[Wrong thread, sorry]

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I'm in Chennai now, two thoughts on the properties I've stayed at, Westin and ITC Grand Chola.
Service at both is outstanding in a way you'll never get in North America. No request is too little, and chances are they'll remember, and call you by name constantly.
Westin is like a North America Westin as far as rooms. Pretty bland, generic, and boring, but it has a great breakfast.
ITC Grand Chola is fantastic, and just takes things to the next level. Usual Platinum upgrade is a Towers room, which is 600+ sq ft, and pretty amazing. I'm sitting in one now for the 7th day this week and loving it.
Oh, now I regret that I made a booking at Westin. Description doesn't inspire. Should I rather cancel it and use 3k points in Kuala Lumpur?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:16 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
That said, location location, location. Chennai traffic is gruesome.
Thanks for this tip.

To all, if one has an 8:30am Sunday morning flight out of MAA, what time would I have to leave these properties to get to MAA in time to check in? (no checked bags)

Edited to add, Google maps is showing ITC Grand Chola is only 18 mins away by car, assuming if I plan for 35 min ride I should be fine.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jan 5, 2020 at 11:24 am
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Thanks for this tip.

To all, if one has an 8:30am Sunday morning flight out of MAA, what time would I have to leave these properties to get to MAA in time to check in? (no checked bags)

Edited to add, Google maps is showing ITC Grand Chola is only 18 mins away by car, assuming if I plan for 35 min ride I should be fine.
i normally stay at the itc & i plan for a half an hour drive each time....but typically it takes around 20 minutes early morning....

for an 8:30am flight, i would leave the itc latest by 7am....
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by lingua101
Hi,

I was looking on the properties in Chennai. however, none seems showing the full rate including the tax and services.

For example this is what I got for Le Royal Meridien

Room Rate Total for your stay: INR ₹5,950.00

Taxes: LUXURY TAX@RACK of 12.50% Per Room / Per Night is not included in the rate.
SER TAX@BAR of 8.40% Per Room / Per Night is not included in the rate.

Any idea how much I need to add to come up with net value.

I notice in some other website this ++ can be up to 25-30%. Can someone advise?

Also any recommendation on the properties in Chennai? Le Royal Meridien or Westin?
Could someone explain this tax issue in more detail?

I'm going to be making 2-3 trips to Chennai this coming year and realize this could be a real problem when using an SNA or just getting a suite upgrade if the taxes are based on the rack rate of the room occupied, not booked.

If there is no workaround, has anyone had any issues with impact on company travel policy? My company has very good negotiated rates, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the taxes on an upgraded room/suite equal a substantial uplift to the negotiated room price.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 1:43 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Couldn't find a more updated thread - but I've read the horror stories on the Le Royal Méridien Chennai. But I will be staying there for a week end of the month.
Old May 20, 2023, 10:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
Couldn't find a more updated thread - but I've read the horror stories on the Le Royal Méridien Chennai. But I will be staying there for a week end of the month.
How was your stay? The reviews online are scandalous, worse than any Marriott property I've ever come across.

I will be visiting Chennai in a few weeks and the Méridien would actually be a good location in the city for me, but I am super hesitant based on what I've read.

If you have the chance, please update the thread as to how your stay went.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 11:22 am

Is the Le Royal Méridien Chennai really as bad as the reviews indicate? It is difficult to separate fact from hyperbole, but I find it incredible that the hotel still functions if it is really as bad as it is made out to be?

Regrettably none of the two posters above (#81 & #82) ever came back to elaborate, so I guess I will have to be the guinea pig as I have to be in Chennai at the end of the month@

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.