Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Spain, 2005 on [Master Thread]

The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Spain, 2005 on [Master Thread]

Old Sep 11, 19, 1:00 pm
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by canael View Post
I got the SNAs back yes and after some intervention I did get upgraded to a lower cat which was not even close.. It was only a 2 night stay. Ambassador wasn't able to help..

I agree that anyone can claim that things got stolen, however it wasn't something particulary expensive that is worth stealing per se. It's just poor service and it shouldn't happen..

Talk to GM was after I had left the property, so FB credit was for the next stay inlcuding the "upgrade" that I would have had anyways..
Well, at least you got your SNAs back. For a 2 night stay with those issues, the airport transfer would not have sufficed for me as service recovery, either.

We have to demand better service recovery when we actually are on property or before arrival to get it in most cases.

Do you have a future stay planned there? Otherwise, I'd insist the GM apply the credit to this stay.
Old Sep 11, 19, 1:22 pm

Programs: SPG Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M silver
No stays planned - never going back to this property... Also, I had a 20 minutes discussion with the GM and she decided to give me the finger, so I'm not going to discuss this further. Just not going back and warning everybody else...
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 11, 19, 2:47 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by canael View Post
No stays planned - never going back to this property... Also, I had a 20 minutes discussion with the GM and she decided to give me the finger, so I'm not going to discuss this further. Just not going back and warning everybody else...
Sorry to hear that.
Old Sep 11, 19, 4:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 2MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Sorry to hear about your experience there.

I stayed there on a paid stay a few weeks ago. My SNA cleared a few days out and we were upgraded to the Ocean One Suite, which was a great room (although some I've shared the pictures with think it is a bit dated). I'm not that experienced as this is the first time I used an SNA but it would be disappointing to lose it. On the other hand, I'd still enjoy my stay.

When I arrived, we were checked in on the terrace by our butler. While on the terrace, we were served welcome drinks. He came out a few minutes later with a folder of forms but did comment that he was assuming we would choose breakfast as the welcome gift. Frankly, can't imagine anyone wouldn't since its a no brainer. Did you raise the issue when you checked in?

I was very happy with the staff throughout our stay.. The GM sent me a note inviting me to a reception. We had a nice welcome gift of wine, water, and fruit. Our butler checked in with us during the stay. And, while I prefer to remain discrete, the staff routinely greeted us by name throughout our stay. The GF thought it was pretty funny that the bell staff would open the door when we returned and saw welcome back Mrs. C17PSGR. In speaking with different members of the staff, several have worked there for years.

I'm surprised to hear of the theft. I'm security conscious but confess I didn't lock up my laptop or iPad. The GF didn't lock up her Macbook either. I don't know what the items were or whether there was a potential mixup. I'm also surprised to hear of the difficulty with the GM. To be honest, I gotta wonder what happened.

And Mallorca and Spain are definitely pricey during the summer! Its not just this property or Marriott properties When I looked on Amex FHR they were all in a price range that I thought seemed too high relative to the costs of business in Spain. But ... that's the market price and Spanish labor laws create a lot of overhead. In general, for example, they can't hire seasonal help so the staff you are working with is paid year round, even though I presume occupancy can be extremely low for many months of the year.

The property is certainly classical European resort style compared American/Middle Eastern/Hawaiian/Mexican resorts. If you're looking for an infinity pool or a lazy river, this isn't the place. There's a large lawn with lounges spread out an privacy rather than I a pool scene. I'm more a fan of edgy design (yes, Bill ...) and often find St.R and RC to not be my style. But, this is a well-maintained property with nice views and good staff with a lot of European guests..

It's a definite return place for me. I just wish Mallorca was a little easier to get to from the US.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 11, 19, 4:32 pm

Programs: SPG Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M silver
They were well aware of the SNA issue pre checkin since I called when they were cancelled and at checkin. They just said they were fully booked and they don't have that category available..

Those things were not valuables like an ipad or laptop. However they were personal items and I feel if two different items disappear in a guest's room you should try a bit harder to recover since that is completely unacceptable even for a lower category hotel.

I am well aware of the prices and don't mind paying that. I'm just saying I think there is better value out there imho..

Search this Thread