Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Spain, 2005 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Spain, 2005 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:35 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Are there any recent reports for this property? Also, could the title and listing in the Master Thread be changed to reflect the St Regis branding please?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:02 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
???

no updates in 4 years? anything? thinking of going here with kids in April...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH Sen, SPG Platinium, Sixt Platinum
I'll be there at the end of this week, any news or todos?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I'll be there in a few weeks. If no on else posts, I will after Feb 16th.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Stayed there this past weekend. Their website says about 40 some odd euros to the hotel, but it was about 31. With tip, came to 35. At check in, they welcomed us to a drink (non alcoholic) and some snacks. Went up to the room, had a Jr Suite w Butler service. Room was very nicely appointed. Prob one of the best rooms I've stayed in. The view was of partial ocean and their grounds. Great place. The room was a bit too hot for me on the first two nights and the wifi signal was in and out, but by the 4th night, they got this right. I rented a SLK thru the hotel for a day and toured around the island, which was great. The staff is great. Did have a burger and some tofu vege dish. Came to 80 euros with a 7 euro tip. As previously mentioned, my burger was a bit cold too, but tasty. The towns near by are nice. Ate at the Puerto Novo area most of the time. Most meals for 2 are around 100-150 per meal. Upon check out, it showed daily rate-breakfast. I didnt notice the breakfast part until I was on the plane. Not sure it was included, I didnt partake, but would have been nice if they had told me, if it was included. I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again. Monica the concierge was great. Booked us top tables around town nightly.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:51 am

April

Planning a trip in April. Got a weekend rate of 199 euro on Beat The Timer. Seems a pretty good deal. Looking at the photos it looks nice, but not sure how it is a cat 7 at 30k points a night? we'll see...Also, looks like our rate includes breakfast --- though also Plat so we'll see how that plays out...i'll report back
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by JBauer
Planning a trip in April. Got a weekend rate of 199 euro on Beat The Timer. Seems a pretty good deal. Looking at the photos it looks nice, but not sure how it is a cat 7 at 30k points a night? we'll see...Also, looks like our rate includes breakfast --- though also Plat so we'll see how that plays out...i'll report back
I am also considering booking this property on the beat the timer rate. But where do you find the information that the rate includes breakfast?

Btw,30k points per night is terrible value if rooms are available at €199...
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:34 am

breakfast

actually not sure about the breakfast. in my confirmation it says:

Special Services for All Rooms:
April 06, 2012 - April 08, 2012
Rate Plan: BeatTheTimer
BUFFET BREAKFAST Per Person/per Night

so does that mean breakfast is included? or not? could read it either way? And i'm PLat, so not sure how that factors in
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:51 am

so does that mean breakfast is included? or not? could read it either way? And i'm PLat, so not sure how that factors in

That usually means breakfast is included - maybe you should contact the property for confirmation. Breakfast is normally not included in the beatthetimer rates (at least from my experience) but on the other hand when you look at the rooms at this property, it looks like breakfast allways is included.

If not, you can choose continental breakfast as platinum amenity upon check in. What exactly that is varies by property.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:55 pm

Nice

My wife and I took a weekend away from the kids Easter weekend in April, for our first visit. We booked a great 199 euro beatthetimer rate on spg. Given this is a category 7 hotel, using 30k points doesn't really seem like a realistic option. And typical room rates seem to be 500 euro plus. .So as a Starwood Platinum I wasn't really expecting much in the way of upgrades. Given the promo rate we booked. .But boy was I wrong.

We arrived early morning, like 10am. Well before check-in. Our rate included breakfast so didn't get to see what the Platinum option is, but given that checkin isn't until the afternoon I just assumed no breakfast for an early checkin. But they apologized for not having our room ready early and invited us down to breakfast -- an incredibly generous gesture many hotels would not offer. Now I travel a lot and have seen many a buffet breakfast, but this has to be one of the best in the Starwood chain. It has everything you can imagine presented in a luxurious fashion. There is also a patio to eat seaside. Just an amazing breakfast.

Our room was ready after breakfast and we were led by our personal butler to an enormous corner suite overlooking the ocean. Again, had many a Starwood upgrade but this was palatial. The entryway hall was the size of 2 typical hotel rooms. There was a huge living room that could seat like 10 people. A kitchen. A bedroom. 2 bathrooms. And a giant walk-in closet. Has to be one of the best Platinum upgrades ever. Truly makes you value the program. .And an enormous balcony with couches and blankets. Below us was a pool suite with private pool -- so not even the best room at the property.

The St Regis is all about their famed Butler service. I'm sure they are willing to do anything you need short of covering up a crime-- but they werent very proactive. I saw something saying they provide unpacking and packing services, shirt pressing and free in room afternoon drinks among other things. But I never asked for anything and they didn't mention it. Again, I'm sure if we needed anything they would have been there for us.

The hotel itself is stunning. Built like a Spanish mansion. The grounds are impeccable. Every detail is taken care of. Beautiful outdoor pool and a great indoor spa and pool (free to use, unlike some other Starwood properties). There is also an incredible kids pool with fountains and a kids club. Next time we will definitely bring the kids. It looked great. There is no beach here, but there is a shuttle and it is close by.

The service is top notch. What one would expect of a St Regis. Staff is happy to help in any way they can. But it goes beyond that. There is no request too difficult.

Upon Platinum late checkout (again, spg resorts not required to grant this), the manager came out to greet me and think us for the business. It was I that should have been thanking him. I was there on a cheap rate. And I did thank him and assured him we will be back.

Finally, note, they have valet parking but if you are like us and rent a horribly embarrassing car to pull up to the St Regis then be aware there is free self parking in back.

This is top of the line in the SPG portfolio and deserves its category 7 level.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:10 am

My wife and I took a weekend away from the kids Easter weekend in April, for our first visit. We booked a great 199 euro beatthetimer rate on spg. Given this is a category 7 hotel, using 30k points doesn't really seem like a realistic option. And typical room rates seem to be 500 euro plus. .So as a Starwood Platinum I wasn't really expecting much in the way of upgrades. Given the promo rate we booked. .But boy was I wrong.

We arrived early morning, like 10am. Well before check-in. Our rate included breakfast so didn't get to see what the Platinum option is, but given that checkin isn't until the afternoon I just assumed no breakfast for an early checkin. But they apologized for not having our room ready early and invited us down to breakfast -- an incredibly generous gesture many hotels would not offer. Now I travel a lot and have seen many a buffet breakfast, but this has to be one of the best in the Starwood chain. It has everything you can imagine presented in a luxurious fashion. There is also a patio to eat seaside. Just an amazing breakfast.

Our room was ready after breakfast and we were led by our personal butler to an enormous corner suite overlooking the ocean. Again, had many a Starwood upgrade but this was palatial. The entryway hall was the size of 2 typical hotel rooms. There was a huge living room that could seat like 10 people. A kitchen. A bedroom. 2 bathrooms. And a giant walk-in closet. Has to be one of the best Platinum upgrades ever. Truly makes you value the program. .And an enormous balcony with couches and blankets. Below us was a pool suite with private pool -- so not even the best room at the property.

The St Regis is all about their famed Butler service. I'm sure they are willing to do anything you need short of covering up a crime-- but they werent very proactive. I saw something saying they provide unpacking and packing services, shirt pressing and free in room afternoon drinks among other things. But I never asked for anything and they didn't mention it. Again, I'm sure if we needed anything they would have been there for us.

The hotel itself is stunning. Built like a Spanish mansion. The grounds are impeccable. Every detail is taken care of. Beautiful outdoor pool and a great indoor spa and pool (free to use, unlike some other Starwood properties). There is also an incredible kids pool with fountains and a kids club. Next time we will definitely bring the kids. It looked great. There is no beach here, but there is a shuttle and it is close by.

The service is top notch. What one would expect of a St Regis. Staff is happy to help in any way they can. But it goes beyond that. There is no request too difficult.

Upon Platinum late checkout (again, spg resorts not required to grant this), the manager came out to greet me and think us for the business. It was I that should have been thanking him. I was there on a cheap rate. And I did thank him and assured him we will be back.

Finally, note, they have valet parking but if you are like us and rent a horribly embarrassing car to pull up to the St Regis then be aware there is free self parking in back.

This is top of the line in the SPG portfolio and deserves its category 7 level.
Glad to hear you had such a great experience! Really got my hopes up for my future stays
Old Jul 15, 2012, 6:09 pm
Original Member

Staying there in several weeks. Will keep you posted
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:28 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ

As a Plat you can chose breakfast as your welcome amenity @:-)
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
The free breakfast is amazing.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
castillo vs. st. regis

Originally Posted by nologic
The free breakfast is amazing.
same rate, which one is the better hotel? heard only good things about the castillo too.

dp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.