Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Caresse, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bodrum, Turkey [Master Thread]

The Caresse, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bodrum, Turkey [Master Thread]

Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:36 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Lovely photos, thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:58 am
Community Director Emerita

We just finished a three day stay and would have been happy to stay longer. It is a stunning property. It made Conde Nast Traveler's Top Resort in Europe for 2016 and I can see why. It is a special property with great attention to detail.

We flew into Bodrum (BJV) from Istanbul and rented a car to drive to the hotel. Car rentals were very cheap, perhaps because it is during Ramadan and a bit before peak tourist season. It was essential to use GPS to find the hotel. There were a lot of twists and turns thru village streets once off the main road. We made it in roughly 40 minutes. The car was parked for free and was quickly brought to us whenever we needed it. We used it once while on property to drive to the heart of Bodrum. Given the challenge of doing this on excruciatingly narrow one way streets, then the challenge of finding parking, I wouldn't do so on a future trip.

The hotel is the last resort on a long length of hotels on the ocean. Beyond it is bare land. Each resort has a rectangular space from the road that extends to the water. Caresse has its restaurants, pools, and hotel rooms all on the lower levels. It has several tiers of private residences that it is in the process of selling further up the hill.

The hotel is a level 6 so 20K points/night. We were generously upgraded to a beautiful suite facing the Aegean. It was exactly the design of the suite shown in pictures above. We were impressed with the quality of construction and the quality of the furniture. It's really unusual to find so much attention to every aspect of the room design. Furniture was placed perfectly to sit and enjoy the beautiful view. We had a long balcony across the width of the living room and bedroom. We had two baths, one off the entry with a walk in shower and a larger one off the bedroom, also with a walk in shower. There was no tub.

We had breakfast and dinner in the Glass Restaurant, always sitting outside and enjoying the view. Food quality was excellent. At breakfast, besides a well stocked buffet, we were offered fresh made crepes and smoothies. Their Turkish restaurant on the level by the beach hadn't yet opened for the season and Glass specialized in Mediterranean food. We wanted Turkish food so the final night the GM asked the chef to prepare a meal for us. It was superb.

The boats owned by the hotel are all meant for half day or full day excursions and are priced accordingly. We wanted a one hour ride by the harbor, into some of the inlets and by islands. This was offered to us for 115 euros.

The GM is Makis Antonatos. He came from managing the Luxury Collection Hotel in Mykonos. He spent some time visiting with us which we greatly appreciated. He and his team are dedicated to an exceptional guest experience.

We loved this property. It exceeded all expectations. It's a long ways from San Diego but I hope future travel allows us to return.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:10 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thanks for the reviews and photos! Those are some pretty high marks from some very experienced luxury travelers. Definitely makes me consider this as an excellent alternative to Amanruya across the peninsula.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:22 pm

Thanks for such a great review, SanDiego1k. That Turkish meal looks so delicious!

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Thanks for the reviews and photos! Those are some pretty high marks from some very experienced luxury travelers. Definitely makes me consider this as an excellent alternative to Amanruya across the peninsula.
That choice could be easier than you think, as it is uncertain that Amanruya will even ever reopen under Aman management.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jun 2, 2017 at 8:35 pm
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks all for the reviews. Looking at prices this week, the cheapest room is about 766 usd or 20k a night. Looks nice.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:40 am

Is there any word from the hotel as to damage sustained in the earthquake/tsunami? Very concerned for this beautiful property and its staff. I've found nothing on the hotel website nor its Instagram account.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:02 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is there any word from the hotel as to damage sustained in the earthquake/tsunami? Very concerned for this beautiful property and its staff. I've found nothing on the hotel website nor its Instagram account.
I've reached out to the Ambassador team to try and get a status update. Hopefully, everyone is OK...but it looks and sounds terrible.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:17 am

All is well at Caresse. I wrote to the hotel GM and got the following response.

It was very scary and alot of shaking, but thankfully no damage-no injuries (sea level rosed a bit in some other places but nothing to be called as tsunami).

Back to norm now, guests enjoy the beach and we are busy, shaken but well.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:31 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

All is well at Caresse. I wrote to the hotel GM and got the following response.

It was very scary and alot of shaking, but thankfully no damage-no injuries (sea level rosed a bit in some other places but nothing to be called as tsunami).

Back to norm now, guests enjoy the beach and we are busy, shaken but well.
^^^

I got the same notice more or less from the Ambassadors. That's good news amidst so much bad news there.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The boats owned by the hotel are all meant for half day or full day excursions and are priced accordingly. We wanted a one hour ride by the harbor, into some of the inlets and by islands. This was offered to us for 115 euros.
I will be going here next weekend. Based on the reviews and the photos, I am very excited.

I did ask about boat options and was quoted (via my Ambassador) just one quote of a day-long trip for 2,000EUR + VAT which is a bit out of my budget for a day on the water (bearing in mind that I live on a tropical island with free access to boats). I guess I'll ask when I get to the hotel whether there might be other ways to access their boats.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I spent a long weekend here on the basis of recommendations from SanDiego1K and others on this forum. I concur with the comments here so far: This is a jewel in the Luxury Collection and a contender for Starwood's best beach hotel/ resort in Europe.

I paid 300EUR/ night for a base room and used SNAs to upgrade to a full two bathroom suite.The resort is beautiful and modern. It's not St Regis style luxury, but looks like it's been put together with an unlimited budget and still appears brand new. I loved the service which was casual luxury - less bowing and "Sirs" than in some luxury resorts, but very capable and friendly staff who consistently went the extra mile. A waiter got my second ever "Golden ticket" for just being beyond awesome at his job.

From free tasters of drinks, occasional freebies with our meal to a waiter going to the effort of noticing that I reacted with a chill to some wind and instructing the bartender after depositing us at post dinner bar seats to put on some heating.Two particular hightlights to note: There is a full Espa spa with the most beautiful ocean-facing jacuzzi and the food was consistently excellent. The chef makes his own pasta at a level unequalled by many fancy restaurants in Italy.

I was there just out of season which meant the hotel wasn't fully staffed up. This resulted in staff enthusiastically doing their best to cover for others (receptionists for Concierge, waiters for room service) and not quite getting it right. We got room service without cutlery, some not quite right local advice and were disappointed that unlike what everyone else had reported the hotel yachts were only available for a minimum of 8 hours at a time. Clearly Bodrum is highly seasonal (from around this Friday in fact) and so if travelling out of season I would bear in mind that the hotel will not be 100% operational.
SanDiego1K and bhrubin like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Was looking around in Turkey and found this gem! Hotel looks very fresh and modern, after four years on the market.
Originally we were looking around Alanya but Marriott has no presence there and not around the coast either until you go to Bodrum on Marriott's map. However it seems the good valued rates have disappeared. It's only january now so rates always change when it comes to summer rates but 600€/night is a bit steep in june, july and august for being Turkey. Hopefully rates will adjust to normal levels soon for later dates in 2019. Considering the hotel has had rates for 150-300€ even though it was brand new back then then and has probably gained plenty of more returning customers now. Point rate is 50 000p/night.

Score a 150€/night for a week during june-august would be a dream. Obviously a LNF would be necessary.

Last edited by joakgarp; Jan 10, 2019 at 3:55 am
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I have a few free days in Turkey end of March between a speech and when my family arrives for a family vacation.

While waiting for family to arrive, is it worth coming here then or is it too rainy or cold (I understand I cant swim most likely and most clubs are closed which also fine?

If property that nice, happy to veg out in room and walk around and rest. Thanks for suggestions
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Here now. Lovely property, though out of season means everything is not up and running completely. Concierge for example not around until after 4pm and limited menu. Only one restaurant open.

Upgraded to one bedroom suite far in advance. Lovely color scheme. Modern feel, nice views, great terrace. My plan is to lounge around, decompress and write during the day and go to town to eat at night.

Some of the best pre-arrival service I have ever gotten. Reminds me of old Starwood days. Excellent.

Got free wine, chocolates and snacks. Rivals some of the best snacks/ welcome amenities I have gotten.

Breakfast free for plats and they give 1000 welcome points.

Overall,.they treat tits and plants well.

Gym is small but quite good. Dumbbells up to 22kgs. They have a.cable machine that ive never.seen.before which let me do a great workout.

Love the sauna and steam room and the shower in locker room. Very relaxing atmosphere. Will probably try a massage 110 Euro.

Marina is 12 mins away by taxi (Uber and taxi about.25 lira to town).

I took taxi from airport for about $30 USD, as hotel said safe and considerably cheaper than hotel car.

Lovely views of water from everywhere in hotel. Elevate.and stairs everywhere so ok for those with mobility problems.

So far I recommend place. I wouldn't fly 12 hours just to come here (I am not a Partygoer if high season) but it is lovely and worth a.3-4 hour flight- would be a great honeymoon/ couple spot. Definitely not good for families wanting a big pool.

Thumbs up
SanDiego1K and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:32 am

In season the families seem to flock to the beach, which left the pool just for me most of the time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.