Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, Phoenix [Master Thread]

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, Phoenix [Master Thread]

Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: USAir Chairmans Preferred, SPG Platinum, Delta Silver
Hi Any recent platinum experiences with suite upgrades?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by dcdelta
Was there in April and upgraded to a large 1 br suite for a weekend stay. A tad dated and a long walk from the elevators, but otherwise nice. Really liked this property. Would definitely recommend.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Frequent guest

Originally Posted by dcdelta
Stay here frequently. Suite upgrades are infrequent, about 1 out of 4 stays. Rooms are large and very nice without having a suite
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Can anyone let me know how the Platinum breakfast amenity is handled here?

Looking for a weekend booking in an SPG in the Phoenix area, but want to ensure some kind of decent breakfast is included.

Also, not sure what I would be getting at a Plat for the $25 per day resort fee as I already get internet access and have yet to be charged a fee for entry into any fitness facility in hundreds of stays. I know some resorts waive the fee for Platinum guests. Any info on this?

Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:07 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Plumber

Looking for a weekend booking in an SPG in the Phoenix area, but want to ensure some kind of decent breakfast is included.

Also, not sure what I would be getting at a Plat for the $25 per day resort fee as I already get internet access and have yet to be charged a fee for entry into any fitness facility in hundreds of stays. I know some resorts waive the fee for Platinum guests. Any info on this?

Thanks
Hi we are planning on staying here next Feb so emailed the hotel about plat benefits etc and the got back to me promptly

Resort fee waived for plats
Upgrade when available
Breakfast in lieu of 500 points (not specific though)
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Plumber

Thanks
Wild Horse Pass takes care of Plats very nicely. Resort fee waived. Plat breakfast is in Kosin Restaurant. Definitely worth it in lieu of points.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Wild Horse Pass takes care of Plats very nicely. Resort fee waived. Plat breakfast is in Kosin Restaurant. Definitely worth it in lieu of points.
Thanks Marlee and fdemoulin.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Stayed here 4 nights in June 2019. I was very impressed. Great grounds, pool area, exercise rom, service, Titanium breakfast was well worth it, and got a nice upgrade.

I have been doing work in the area and also stayed at the Marriott Buttes and Id stay at Wild Horse Pass over the Buttes every day of the week. While the service was also very good at the Buttes, the grounds, rooms, and pools were significantly better at Wild Horse.

Old Mar 9, 2021, 12:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any updates? Looking to use up my 35k free night certs; and this looks like it has a nice pool.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by beachfan
Any updates? Looking to use up my 35k free night certs; and this looks like it has a nice pool.
The rooms aren't the best, but everything else about the hotel is great. It's a Sheraton, but quality-wise is much closer to a Westin resort. And the rooms aren't bad, they are just that slightly older Sheraton style and I've never had much luck with upgrades. I think the rooms at Westin Kierland are nicer, but I prefer the pools and restaurants at Wild Horse Pass.

I'm not sure what's open right now, but the hotel restaurant Kai is one of my favorites in the area and the pool is great. The golf courses are also pretty good if you're a golfer. I'm not sure what other options are available for the 35K certs in the area, but I think this would be a pretty good option.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:43 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Anyone stay here recently? I have a stay coming up next month and was wondering how they are doing during Covid. Are people wearing masks? Are the restaurants scaling back breakfast for Plats?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Stay here frequently. Suite upgrades are infrequent, about 1 out of 4 stays. Rooms are large and very nice without having a suite
1 of 4 using TSUs or 1of 4 without TSUs?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
1 of 4 using TSUs or 1of 4 without TSUs?

Thanks in advance!
SNA may put you ahead on the list, but I have never used them here. Stayed 3 times this year and no suites were available on any of the stays. Rooms are large and entire hotel was renovated over the last several years. I find suites are nice here, but really not necessary and can find better use of my SNAs.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
I have a stay here coming up in May and am curious what the experience is like for Titaniums. This is a mid-week stay and I'm going to burn the last two of my 35k free nights and SNAs. I know I can get better value but this looks like a nicer category 5 property and I don't feel like going straight from Sedona to Palm Springs.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
I have stayed here 3x and got a suite upgrade once. It was nice and spacious. The regular rooms were fine as well.

I loved this hotel. The breakfast was excellent and make sure you enjoy the pool area. It was 100 degrees out and the pool area felt like an oasis. I would go back to this hotel in a second.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.