Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Brussels Airport BRU, Belgium [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Car Free Sunday on September 20, 2015

On September 20, 2015, the 2015 Car Free Sunday will take place in the City of Brussels and throughout the Brussels Region. Car Free Sunday applies to everyone, except taxis, journey buses, assistance services, police and persons with a special permit. Personal vehicles will not be allowed for travel from 9:30am until 7pm. Public transport via STIB and De Lijn will be free on that day. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Brussels Airport BRU, Belgium [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FD1971
They listened to you.

The club is closed at the moment for major renovations until mid-February.

They will start with the club floor and move down to the lower floors throughout the next couple of months.
Checked out this morning. Renovation going on, which for the time being means: no suite upgrades and no club lounge.
However: was offered 3 drinks vouchers and free continental breakfast at the Gulliver restaurant in compensation.
Think they handled that gracefully ^
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pieterde
Checked out this morning. Renovation going on, which for the time being means: no suite upgrades and no club lounge.
However: was offered 3 drinks vouchers and free continental breakfast at the Gulliver restaurant in compensation.
I'm glad I wasn't tempted to stay here a week ago, instead staying at Le Meridien in center city. Other than the upgrade to a corner suite on a stay a month ago, I was not impressed with the club lounge, restaurant for dinner and breakfast.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by pieterde
They have suites on all floors. AFAIK, only the corner rooms aka junior suites are in the pool, but they are located on all floors.

The vouchers used to be standard compensation during times, when the club was closed, breakfast downstairs was provided most of the time as well, so I assume it is also standard for Platinum guests, at least if one reminds the staff at check in to provide the vouchers.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by CIT85
I'm glad I wasn't tempted to stay here a week ago, instead staying at Le Meridien in center city. Other than the upgrade to a corner suite on a stay a month ago, I was not impressed with the club lounge, restaurant for dinner and breakfast.
The Sheraton Brussels Airport is nothing to write home about, but the convenience of the location is legendary.

The LM is the best SPG property in town ( reminiscent of a time, when LM was the extended arm, maybe even wing of AF and upscale French lifestyle )
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any idea on how they treat Golds? Some properties extend the free breakfast to Gold, which I always appreciate having dropped from Plat due to SPG's lack of geographic footprint.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA-1k, AA-EXP, SPG-Plat
Ive been debating between this hotel and the Sheraton in the city for next weekend.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by xxmimxx
Ive been debating between this hotel and the Sheraton in the city for next weekend.
i would pick the sheraton in the city....
Old Jan 27, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any idea on how they treat Golds? Some properties extend the free breakfast to Gold, which I always appreciate having dropped from Plat due to SPG's lack of geographic footprint.
You'll get an SPG floor room and your welcome amenity (be sure to ask if you don't want the points). That's it.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:35 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
I recently stayed at this hotel and here is my review of the hotel as of March 2013: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...ssels-airport/
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, VS Red, BA Blue
Originally Posted by A2A
I recently stayed at this hotel and here is my review of the hotel as of March 2013: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...ssels-airport/
Nice review ^
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I think I only read the first couple of reviews now I see they are 2002
Arrived at midnight and could only find one small sign to the S
followed the other signs big red ones with arrow- and ended up in a carpark with a stairwell that looked dodgy. asked the info net to there and got redirected to the 5th flt then a long walk to the hotel
how rediculus
almost like its a secret.
I see now I should have gone to departures and it is right at the front
the rooms are very old and worn and the breakfast downstairs is just.
as plat not offered drinks but will ask today.
would rather have paid the taxi fare and stayed in city.
called operator . then guest relations then concierge at 12.45am
no answer on any of them after 4 -5 min ring.
checkin clerk had the personality of a pea.
the club is still closed for breakfast in the main dining.
at night there is red white and rose on tap and basic peanuts and stuff. nice and dimly lit
no upgrade as plat except club floor though junior suite available and when I asked told that only to club level.
capuccino is terrible.

best thing about the whole hotel
a fresh orange juice machine.
as I have another night here( late arrival and early departure)

Last edited by aussielori; Jul 24, 2013 at 2:03 pm
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Agreed, the main entrance to the hotel is on the departures (upper) level, but there's also an entrance from the lower level directly opposite the arrivals exit doors which isn't too difficult to find.

Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Agreed, the main entrance to the hotel is on the departures (upper) level, but there's also an entrance from the lower level directly opposite the arrivals exit doors which isn't too difficult to find.

that would be great if there was a sign but the only sign I could see at midnight with no information counter open was a sign to the left a big S to the left of the arrivals hall going down a long white corridor.
I did not go outside as i presumed the signs were correct.
why have it there if it is out the front.
I have never been to an airport with a hotel attached that doesnt have it plastered all over the place.
think Singapore.
Rome.
KL.
Dubai.
London
I dont usually stay at airport hotels but I have stayed at all these and never had a problem finding them as the signs are easy to see.

Last edited by aussielori; Jul 24, 2013 at 2:28 pm
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, VS Red, BA Blue
I stayed here last night and I was very pleased with everything. After reading how difficult it was to find from the arrivals area, we just took the elevator up to departures and ended up across the street from the main entrance. Upon leaving, we did take the elevator down to the bottom floor, that does take you out through the area that is still under construction, with only an arrow with the word 'Sheraton', taped in 1 area. We stayed on the SPG floor and the club lounge was very nice, all redone and new. There is a beer dispenser, wine dispenser, hot food, nibbles, water and soft drinks all available until 11:30pm. The breakfast was in the Gullivers restaurant off the lobby, free for us Plat's. A very nice spread of hot food, eggs, sausage, bacon and aray of pastries. I did not see the hotel before the renovations, but they have done a nice tasteful job, the hallways smell of new carpet and the rooms are crisp and clean. However, no Platinum upgrade.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Does anybody have the manager's email address? I looked on the hotel's website and did not see it on there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.