Marriott Bonvoy hotels on Maui

Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:42 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Ubud
They are supposed to waive the extra parking fee if you booked prior to Jan 10:
https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/FAQ_An...f_parking.html

I also emailed reservations, who confirmed that they will still waive the parking fee for Plats.
Thanks for posting this. We are Gold with SPG, although it wouldn't matter as this is a special rate timeshare package thing nd it explicitly says that SPG elite benefits don't apply.

However, I will call about the first part to see if they will waive based on when the reservation was made.

Edit: Called and was told that this "should" be waived from what they can see. She added a note to the record.

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; Mar 22, 2018 at 3:19 pm
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Now that the Sheraton's gotten rid of its lounge and the Westin has renovated its rooms, which property is the better choice? I called both and verified that neither charges platinum members for parking. I'm booking on points (it's ~$450+/night) for 5 nights in February and hoping to use SNAs to upgrade to a suite with an ocean view (with balcony if possible). If either of them is known to offer late check-outs, that'd be good to know, since I'm probably going to book an 8PM flight out of OGG
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: Marriott PPE, LTP
Originally Posted by pewpew
Now that the Sheraton's gotten rid of its lounge and the Westin has renovated its rooms, which property is the better choice? I called both and verified that neither charges platinum members for parking. I'm booking on points (it's ~$450+/night) for 5 nights in February and hoping to use SNAs to upgrade to a suite with an ocean view (with balcony if possible). If either of them is known to offer late check-outs, that'd be good to know, since I'm probably going to book an 8PM flight out of OGG
Just finished a trip to Maui and was staying at the Westin Resort and Spa.

I've stayed at all three of the properties in Maui and will say that the Westin Resort and Spa is a far better choice if you prefer rooms that have been upgraded. The Sheraton is run down, and well the Villas (have not stayed at the newly minted ones) are pretty run down as well. With regards to getting an upgrade, we were able to get upgraded to the Superior Oceanview King in the Ocean tower - The room was renovated, and the view was pretty spectacular. They have done some renovations to the exterior of the building as well and removed the self-park option (all Valet now). They also offer a late checkout - we received 4:00 pm.
Hope this helps you plan your trip!

Faiz
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: Marriott PPE, LTP
Originally Posted by dstan
Just completed a 4-night award stay at the Westin Maui. As SPG Vanilla, we were upgraded from a Golf King to Ocean View King on the 7th floor of the Ocean Tower at check-in (had 4 individual award nights with the last in a Golf Double, so agent was able to keep us in same room after checking with manager).

The room was nicely appointed and fairly spacious, so much so that it felt like there should have been an armchair and ottoman in the corner. Standard desk, plasma TV, and minifridge. Bathrooms are nicely done, with nice tiles and fixtures, though a little on the small side, with a single vanity outside the toilet & shower room (no tub). There is also a mirror on the opposite side of the vanity, and a pass-thru area so it's workable for 2 people to get ready at the same time. Lots of outlets all around, which was much appreciated. The Ocean Tower rooms have small balconies enclosed with a glass paneled railing, enough space for 2 chairs and a small table.

It was windy and overcast for most of our stay (many people sitting around the pools wrapped in towels), but we spent most of the time diving and eating, so it didn't affect us too much, and was better than a Nor'easter! Did get to try out the waterslide as well (you have to go thru the pool where it ends to access the stairs to the top). Adult hottub at the top level was heavily occupied in the afternoon by a young crowd, but less crowded in the morning, though some (well-behaved) children were let slide as well.

MonkeyPod in Whaler's Village, just a few steps away, was our favorite for lunch, with Happy Hour specials on some food and drinks from 3-5p.

The Spa is expensive, like everything else on Maui, but the Lomilomi massages were great, and you get free use of the Spa for the entire day of your treatment, with sauna, steam room, hot tub, and nice views of the ocean.

Concierge desk offered a tour of the new Westin Nanea Villa property for 10,000 SPG points, but we opted to enjoy the pool on our last day instead.

$31.25/day resort charge + $30/day for mandatory valet parking. Call Service Express with the last 4 digits of your valet number to ask them to bring your car around ≈5-10 min in advance to avoid having to wait. Towel cards in use, but if housekeeping takes your beach towels, you can just ask for replacements at the towel desk by the pool.

Hope this is helpful! dstanhotelreport
They no longer allow you to call down for your vehicle. You must go present the ticket to the valet desk...
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Given that the Westin is supposedly undergoing renovations (they say the pools will be accessible, and it's limited to the [new?] Beach tower and therefore shouldn't disrupt my stay) would the Westin still be the preferred choice for a stay in two weeks?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:46 am

Currently trying to book a trip for my partner and I and deciding between the Wailea Beach Resort & RC ... I haven't been to Maui in almost 15 years, but remember Kapalua and Kaanapali to be quite wet compared to Wailea. We are both very active, late 20s and are really looking to relax for 5 nights - I know Wailea has a lot going on, but my fear is that the Wailea Beach Resort will almost be too busy / hectic to truly relax. I don't want to fight w/ people over pool chairs, and really want to have a nice romantic trip w/ my partner.

I'll be using points, it's 240k for the Ritz in a base room, and 200k + $750 for the Wailea Beach Resort for an upgraded Premium Ocean View (which I value tremendously when in Hawaii). I'm Bonvoy gold if that matters, and my partner and I are gay (again, not sure that matters all that much).

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kthpence
Currently trying to book a trip for my partner and I and deciding between the Wailea Beach Resort & RC ... I haven't been to Maui in almost 15 years, but remember Kapalua and Kaanapali to be quite wet compared to Wailea. We are both very active, late 20s and are really looking to relax for 5 nights - I know Wailea has a lot going on, but my fear is that the Wailea Beach Resort will almost be too busy / hectic to truly relax. I don't want to fight w/ people over pool chairs, and really want to have a nice romantic trip w/ my partner.
Although it varies on the time of the year, Kapalua gets twice the rain as Kaanapali. Wailea gets less than Kaanapali. I have stayed around Napili in the past with Kaanapali/Napili dry, and could see rain over in Kapalua.

You won't fight for pool chairs at the RC, I stayed there many years ago, found it quite nice - can't speak for the other hotel. Kapalua is fairly out there and very quiet. Wailea/Kihei is a fairly active with lots of bars/restaurants. They are very different.

Maybe consider both.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
If relaxation is the goal, I'd go with the RC Kapalua. Don't get me wrong, I love the Marriott Wailea, but based on what you said I think you'll enjoy the quiet corner of the island up in Kapalua.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Which property in Maui during COVID.

GOV rate 4 nights over a weekend in January. My choices are Sheraton Maui, Westin Nanea Ocean Villas or Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas.

Just wonder what is the best property. I plan on calling each to see what they are offering. Anybody get the resort fees or parking waived?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
The villas are better than the Sheraton. I would assume the Nanea is better as it's newer - Ka'anapali North was better than the original, and the Nanea should have continued to improve. This is an assumption as I've only stayed at the Sharaton/Original Villas/Villa North. Nanea was just holes int eh ground last I visited

Certainly take the shuttle or drive down to the Sheraton to snorkel at Black Rock though.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:19 pm

None of the above. Wailea Beach Resort or Ritz-Carlton Kapalua would get my votes.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
None of the above. Wailea Beach Resort or Ritz-Carlton Kapalua would get my votes.
+1

The properties mentioned by the OP are mass tourism bunkers. No way I'd travel all the way to OGG and then stay in these things.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: Yes
RC or the Westin Maui
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
As I stated it is GOV rate for work so I am limited on what properties are offering the rate. I wish the Westin was offering it, that would be my choice.

Maybe I'll just stay at the Courtyard.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by estedman
As I stated it is GOV rate for work so I am limited on what properties are offering the rate. I wish the Westin was offering it, that would be my choice.

Maybe I'll just stay at the Courtyard.
If it's for work, then location could be a driving factor. Where's your business taking you: Kahului? Northwest side? Up to Haleakala every day?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.