Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Seattle Marriott Bellevue, WA [Master Thread]

Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

This is showing up under the new hotel category on Marriott website. It's currently open. Cat 6. Website says exec lounge is closed on the weekends.

Has anyone stayed here? Trip report? What do they do for brekkie when lounge is closed? It's got a M Lounge.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...iott-bellevue/

"Seattle Marriott Bellevue is conveniently located in Downtown Bellevue, just 6 miles east of Seattle in the heart of Bellevue's shopping and restaurant scene. The hotel is located within .5 miles of the majority of Bellevue's corporate offices.

Take an advance look at the new Seattle Marriott Bellevue. Our full service hotel has everything a traveler in the Seattle, WA area needs for a relaxing and productive visit. Each of our 384 spacious guestrooms feature modern amenities like complementary high-speed wireless Internet, 55-inch HDTVs with a wealth of channels, mini refrigerators, and laptop-size safes. Our hotel’s Great Room and M Club Lounge provide a welcoming atmosphere in which to meet with friends and colleagues. We’re ready to welcome you with a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor swimming pool, and a business center, too."
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Talked to the property. Elites get buffet brekkie in the restaurant on the weekend.

Cheers.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
No pool until 2016

Staying the weekend at this newly opened property.

Nice facilities, workdesk on wheels in our room.

Offered free breakfast in restaurant or points due to weekend M lounge closure. PAG also offered.

Pool will open "in the spring."
Old Oct 17, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Have stayed at this property a few times. I find it a bit stark, but my girlfriend really likes the modern design.

As others have noted, the lounge is closed on weekends, but the free buffet meal in the nice lobby is pretty good.

Nice positive staff is another benefit.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Just got back from breakfast, a very nice one in the M Lounge, not restaurant: eggs, sausages, bacon, root vegetable medley (instead of potatoes); pastries, oatmeal, cold cereals, fruit. Terrific local hot sauce for the sausages! Plenty of seating, nice atmosphere, attentive staff.

Room was what I booked, only quibble is the lack of nightstand space. Something I've not encountered before: guests can log into their Netflix accounts on the plasma TV.

Had dinner to meet an AMEX promo minimum charge. Prices were about what I'd expect, and the portions seemed generous to me.

4PM checkout was included with my e-checkin.

Staff are incredibly friendly!
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I'm looking at a two week stay here. Everything looks good except the $35/night valet parking charge, with no self-parking option at all. Any way around that, e.g. lots in the area?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
From my past visits to Bellevue, WA, I would say you are out of luck for alternative parking. The Marriott is at the edge of the downtown area, and parking there is often tied to a retail area or hotel. It isn’t like other cities with a lot of independent garages.

The Redmond Marriott is not as nice, but you can actually park on the street for free if you are willing to walk about a quarter of a mile or so from the hotel.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I am looking at a weekend trip to the Seattle area, likely staying in Bellevue to save some $$$. I have SPG Gold (and matched Marriott Gold). How does this property compare to the Westin and the AC? Also, looks like the parking here is valet only - is that fee eligible for MR points?

Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:23 am

I can't compare to the other properties, but I can tell you that when I stayed here last November, I got points for the valet parking.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Having never stayed in Seattle suburb properties, is this a good location to burn some cat 5 nights if I'm going to be doing typical touristy things in Seattle? Does having a car make a difference?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:41 am

Unfortunately, this hotel is not near any of the touristy attractions in Seattle--it's on the wrong side of Lake Washington. There might be an express bus downtown, but otherwise your options would be extremely limited if you stay here without a car. I would not recommend it as a base for a Seattle vacation.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Any recent stays here? How is the lounge breakfast? Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.