Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Belgrade City Center, Serbia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

http://news.marriott.com/2015/08/cou...mber-2015.html

"Marriott International’s Courtyard by Marriott brand has announced that its first hotel in Serbia, the Courtyard Belgrade City Center, will open on 7 September 2015. The hotel, which showcases the brand’s new European design, is dynamic and modern with a striking glass façade that contrasts against the historic city center backdrop.

Situated in the heart of the city in Republic Square, a short walk from the shopping and restaurants of Knez Mihailova and the cobbled streets of Belgrade’s Bohemian Quarter, the Courtyard Belgrade is easily accessible for international visitors, just a 20 minute drive from Belgrade’s Nikola Tesla Airport.

The 114-room property is comprised of two Studio rooms and 112 Standard rooms, all of which have 42-inch Smart LED TV and complimentary Wifi."

Sharon's note: It's not loaded into the Marriott system yet, so don't know the category.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Now open. Cat 4 property.

Cheers.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know whether golds get free breakfast in this property? I know it's not a given but just want to see the policy for this hotel
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:28 am
Original Poster

I would say probably not. Not many European CYs offer brekkie & those that do, offer to Plats only. If you stay there, would appreciate you doing a trip report re: the property, service, brekkie, etc. Thx.

Cheers.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:28 am

Got it. Only staying there mid June so will take another mth before I can review the property
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:12 am

Hi! Just stayed there last month and am really impressed with the quality and service of the property.

Right in the center of Republic Square and very close to the main tourist attractions, bars and restaurants. The walking tours leaves right from republic square which is literally like a 2 min walk. The only con is that the airport bus stops around a 20 min walk away, which can be a bit of a hassle if you plan on taking the airport bus to the city center. There also super markets close by if you need to grab food or water.

Rooms
Very comfortable beds and I would say right in line with the Courtyards in Asia. Rooms are clean and toilets come with power showers and toiletries. Despite facing a busy main road, I slept really well and did not hear any traffic or noise from outside. Beds are a full size king bed and not two double beds joined together like in some European countries.

Service
Outstanding service. Check in staff was efficient and even offered me free breakfast which was unexpected since its not a practice for Courtyards in Europe to offer breakfast. Not sure if its because I am gold or another reason. He even wanted to upgrade me to a studio but it wasn't available as it was fully booked. Staff was helpful throughout my stay and assisted in calling a cab for me to the airport when I checked out. Late checkout till 4pm was also offered which is a typical gold benefit.

Breakfast
Typical European breakfast with cold cuts, eggs and a large selection of bread, pastries, cereal and fruits. self service coffee machines where you can order espresso based drinks are also available and the bonus is that you can order a list of items like freshly cooked eggs to your style, waffles and pancakes.

Amenities
Comes with a small basement gym with a couple of machines and free weights

Conclusion
A great stay at a great price. Would definitely recommend this property if you need a base to explore Belgrade.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kylie79
Check in staff was efficient and even offered me free breakfast which was unexpected since its not a practice for Courtyards in Europe to offer breakfast. Not sure if its because I am gold or another reason. He even wanted to upgrade me to a studio but it wasn't available as it was fully booked.
Definitely not because you're a Gold. Seems like you lucked out with excellent staff who were going the extra mile for you.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:25 pm

This hotel offers breakfast free of charge to Gold and Platinum Marriott Rewards members.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by muji
This hotel offers breakfast free of charge to Gold and Platinum Marriott Rewards members.
Thanks for the info. I'll add the property to the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Any information how this compares to the Metropol hotel (the other Marriott/SPG option in town)?
I stayed at the Metropol last night and it was ok, but I basically only went from the airport straight into bed and straight back the next morning, didn't even have time for breakfast.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:42 am

No idea how it compares to the Metropole, but had a very nice stay at this Courtyard property earlier this year. It's a well-designed, modern property that seems to share the interior design of a lot of the newer European CYs (e.g. Brussels EU location, very similar). Excellent service, great breakfast in the restaurant, and a very good location. At the end of the day, it's still a limited-service property, so if you're looking for the Ritz there's not much that can be done there. Would be eager to go back any time, especially at what I found to be a very reasonable price.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The Metropol is a full-service property (Luxury Collection, ex-SPG) and it's the same price range as the CY, that's why I asked.
They offer a free 25 minute back massage for elites.
Think I'll go for the Metropol again next time because I realized the CY has carpets (hello germs) whereas the Metropol has wooden floors.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Is there mobile check in/out here?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:29 am

If you plan to no-show, wouldn’t the hotel need to support mobile keys, and not just mobile check-in?
I believe they have to make a copy of your passport upon check-in, which would suggest it doesn’t work. But then again, I stayed at the Metropol Palace and not this hotel...
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the CY Belgrade still offer free brekkie to >= Plats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.