Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Anaheim Marriott or Fairfield (Disneyland) choice...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anaheim Marriott or Fairfield (Disneyland) choice...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't see much exciting about it continuing to not have a complimentary breakfast and yet continue be called a Fairfield.

They have so many brands. Isn't there any brand that's more appropriate? (Except obviously it would be confusing to make it Courtyard because there'a already other Courtyards nearby.)
Here's a possibility: The Four Points brand does not include free breakfast, except for SPG Platinum members. And the Four Points brand seems to allow wide variations in physical attributes. Even so, I'm not sure if the Fairfield Inn Anaheim "Resort" meets Four Points brand specifications.

The See Our Features page for Fairfield Inn promises the following:
EAT WELL
Free hot breakfast featuring scrambled eggs, sausage, and other healthy options
Free coffee & tea
24/7 Market
Mini-refrigerator
Microwave
There's not a footnote for Anaheim -- nor should there have to be one.

I'm sure that Marriott International enjoys the franchise revenue from the owners of the Fairfield Inn Anaheim "Resort," but Marriott should stand firm on such a fundamental attribute of Fairfield Inn as complimentary breakfast.

Before anyone tries to claim that resorts are not required to provide breakfast, remember that breakfast at a Fairfield Inn has nothing to do with the lounge/breakfast benefit for Rewards Gold/Platinum members at five full-service Marriott brands (with an exclusion for resorts).

For Fairfield Inn, complimentary breakfast is a basic component of the brand. It has nothing to do with status. Officially, there is no exclusion for resorts.

The owners of the Anaheim property should have two choices: Comply with Fairfield Inn brand standards or exit from the Fairfield Inn brand.
BrightlyBob and flyguy6 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I just completed a 3 night stay at the Fairfield Inn Disneyland. The hotel is undergoing renovation and I was lucky enough to get an upgraded room. Hardwood floors, a new Disney/SoCal mural on the wall, upgraded furniture, new bathroom area, and a sliding door between the living space and bathroom. I really like the room upgrades - it feels like a more upscale FFI. The lobby also has been transformed and has a much more open feeling. No, you still don't get free breakfast and there's still exterior corridors, but with a 10 min walk to the Disneyland main gate, this continues to be my go-to Disneyland hotel.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Late check out?

Hello,
After the end of this month, I'll be dropping from Platinum to Gold. The most important thing for me is late check out, as I will be taking my toddler to Disneyland and need to put her for a nap from 1-3. I, therefore, need the late check out at 4pm, which is supposed to be guaranteed for Golds. However, I know that the Fairfield calls itself a "resort" and therefore may be exempt from the late checkout benefit. Does anyone have any experience at this property with requesting late checkout?
Thanks for any input!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I'm Plat, and was granted 4pm late checkout with no problem.

Originally Posted by ashley1245
Hello,
After the end of this month, I'll be dropping from Platinum to Gold. The most important thing for me is late check out, as I will be taking my toddler to Disneyland and need to put her for a nap from 1-3. I, therefore, need the late check out at 4pm, which is supposed to be guaranteed for Golds. However, I know that the Fairfield calls itself a "resort" and therefore may be exempt from the late checkout benefit. Does anyone have any experience at this property with requesting late checkout?
Thanks for any input!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by jlb3
Thanks for responding!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jlb3
Thanks for responding!
Also, let us know how the stay goes!

David
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:52 am

Planning to stay a couple nights (using points) at the Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate in the last week of June. I booked the basic 1 queen studio for now. Is there any chance I will be able to get upgraded to the 2 queen suite or should I just change the reservation and upgrade paying the $50 upcharge for the room. I am gold on Marriott.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by iridium
Planning to stay a couple nights (using points) at the Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate in the last week of June. I booked the basic 1 queen studio for now. Is there any chance I will be able to get upgraded to the 2 queen suite or should I just change the reservation and upgrade paying the $50 upcharge for the room. I am gold on Marriott.
You're into summer time with families on vacation. If you want to secure the 2 queen suite, probably best is to pay the up charge. I would think free upgrades to 2 queen suites near Mouseland in the summer would be very difficult to get, especially as a gold.

Cheers.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:45 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
You can always call the hotel and ask if they will give you a complementary upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite. But as SkiAdcock mentions, given the time of year and their location to Disney, they probably can sell those 2 bedroom suites pretty easily. So your chances aren't probably aren't that good.

If you really want a larger suite and there is one showing as available for award+cash, I'd suggest grabbing it now (rather than cry about it later.)
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You're into summer time with families on vacation. If you want to secure the 2 queen suite, probably best is to pay the up charge. I would think free upgrades to 2 queen suites near Mouseland in the summer would be very difficult to get, especially as a gold.

Cheers.
That's what I did .. I just reserved it with the upcharge for the convenience. could not risk being *not* upgraded.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Hello,
Thanks for any input!
Hi Ashley, did you have any luck with the late checkout? We're in a similar situation, visiting in October.

Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:34 pm

I ended up calling the FI and they told me that because they are a "resort" they could not guarantee 4pm, possibly 1pm. They told me it would depend on occupancy. I decided not to risk it and stayed next door at the Courtyard. They are not a "resort" and I was given the 4pm checkout with no issues at all. We really liked the Courtyard, the room was huge and so was the bathroom. The bathroom had the shower separate from the bathtub(with a shower), so multiple people could shower at once if necessary. The only bummer is that the Courtyard is consistently more expensive than the FI when I've gone back and looked at stays for the future. Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions! I think we are actually going to stay again at the Courtyard next week!
Ashley
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:14 am

I've stayed at the TownePlace Suites Maingate several times. Reasonable accommodations at a reasonable price. worth considering.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Thanks Ashley that was helpful - we decided to go with the Courtyard as well (before seeing your reply)

cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.