Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Kiroro Resort, Tribute Portfolio, Hokkaido, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JapanFlyerT
Platinum Benefits:
-Free buffet breakfast for PPE member and +1 guest.
-Happy Hour is provided at the restaurant across from the check-in desk. PPE member and +1 guest get unlimited drinks (draft beer, red/white wine, various cocktails) for free from 1700-1930 (time right now is 1730-19:30) along with several snacks (chips, mixed nuts, and olives). Live music too, some nights.
-Onsen: There is a public bath and an onsen at the resort. The onsen was free as part of the PPE benefit. Onsen was nice, but the outdoor onsen that is connected to the pool (free for all guests) was much nicer and quieter (no other guests the 3 nights I went there). (pool and hotel hot spring are closed right now, free onsen for all guests as a result)
-20% discount at the restaurants (currently 30% until Dec 30, 2020).
-Discount for rentals and tickets. I forget the % discount, but show the PPE benefits form when you rent/buy lift tickets and you get a discount. Although the benefit is only for the PPE and +1 guest, from experience this was not enforced.

-Upgraded room, but not one of the suites on the 14th floor.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

While surfing for links to the just-announced Sheraton Kiroro Resort, I discovered a japanese ?travel blog that indicates that the second hotel in that area will be re-branded under the Tribute brand.

Not only that, one of the comments in that post seemed to suggest that *Wood is opening in Okinawa as well!

Could any of our Japanese members or those who have more information comment?

Last edited by travelswithmyself; Nov 5, 2015 at 8:06 pm
Old Aug 7, 2015, 6:07 pm

I'm a bit surprised this news din't go around. Anyway, greetings from Tokyo! Here's the summary how SPG is going to expand in Hokkaido:

Westin Rusutsu Resort to open in Dec15 - current Rusutsu Tower Hotel

Kiroro Tribute Portfolio Hotel Hookaido to open in Dec15 (First property in Asia Pacific) - current Hotel Piano

Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort to open in Dec15 - current Mountain Hotel

Those existing properties don't look overly exciting, typical Japanese resort hotels built in 80-90s, let's hope they do a good job to meet and exceed our expectations!

Will let you know if I see any concrete info regarding Okinawan properties. Cheers!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks Quebon99! I hope they refurbish a bit before they rebrand but it looks like the hotels are continuing to accept bookings so if they are doing any refurbishment it will be minor or partial.

Well, the SPG website of upcoming hotels now includes the following:

Hokkaido

Abuta-gun

The Westin Rusutsu Resort - Opening December 5, 2015 - not bookable yet

Yoichi-gun

Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort - Opening December 4, 2015 - not bookable yet
Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Listed on Starwood website as opening November 19, 2015.^ Both Kiroro properties are bookable now.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Safe to say the [ UNVERIFIED ] can be removed?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPRich
Safe to say the [ UNVERIFIED ] can be removed?
OK OK I've done it :P

PS: Changed it in my post but still shows on the main thread page. MOD please amend.

Last edited by travelswithmyself; Nov 5, 2015 at 8:16 pm
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quebon99
Will let you know if I see any concrete info regarding Okinawan properties. Cheers!

Now that the Hokkaido properties have opened, please let us/me know if you have any info regarding OKA properties... planning to go next year :P
Old Nov 7, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Category 3
Old Nov 7, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Category 3
That's a surprise.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
That's really great news! Suddenly SPG is opening a few worthy properties in Japan!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
For those who have been to Kiroro, which hotel between the Tribute and the Sheraton would you recommend? My priorities for a winter visit would be easy access to ski lifts and runs, plus a nice onsen / pool area. Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Originally Posted by airoli
For those who have been to Kiroro, which hotel between the Tribute and the Sheraton would you recommend? My priorities for a winter visit would be easy access to ski lifts and runs, plus a nice onsen / pool area. Thanks!
We have a booking at the Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro in early Feb. Originally we had booked the Piano Hotel as the former Mountain Hotel was booked out however on checking the SPG site a couple of weeks ago it was available for our dates so I cancelled the Piano booking with our TA and rebooked direct.

The Sheraton is ski in ski out whereas the Tribute is a 5 min bus ride from the lifts.

Looking forward to our first visit to Kiroro ^
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
There is also a Westin in Hokkaido, Category 5, my friend booked with a free night there.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K
Tribute Kiroro Resort, Hokkaido, Japan - Opening Nov 19 2015

I booked 6 nights in kiroro - 4 nights in Sheraton and 2 nights in tribute in January. Will report back after my stay.
The kiroro tribute looks nice from the pictures but not sure if I like what I see on tripadvisor.
Sheraton seems to have gone through renovations to keep up with the brand standards.
I am also interested to see how the hotels handles platinum benefits since both of them are new to SPG.
Going to Hilton Niseko after kiroro.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yucci18
I booked 6 nights in kiroro - 4 nights in Sheraton and 2 nights in tribute in January. Will report back after my stay.
The kiroro tribute looks nice from the pictures but not sure if I like what I see on tripadvisor.
Sheraton seems to have gone through renovations to keep up with the brand standards.
I am also interested to see how the hotels handles platinum benefits since both of them are new to SPG.
Going to Hilton Niseko after kiroro.

I don't know if you saw the Piano Hotel/Tribute Kiroro website before it officially joined SPG. If you haven't you can have a look here.

The rooms look nice, but the stats are:
. 7 suites (differing types/styles, including the Pres suite)
. 4 quad occupancy rooms (= Family rooms)
. 13 deluxe kings (= Club rooms)
. 178 twin rooms (= Standard rooms)
. 11 standard rooms (= lower than Standard :P)

They had very little time to renovate so I'm sure they haven't added rooms.

Makes getting an upgrade extremely unlikely if you ask me. A perfect place for using SNAs. I actually booked and applied an SNA for a 4-bed suite which I *think* was the Piano Suite (= Pres Suite), but plans changed and I had to cancel that trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.