Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Aspen, Colorado [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St Regis Aspen, Colorado [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Yeah bad math on me I saw 24K/night on the award and my mind went to 4 nights, forgetting that included the 5th night free.

There's a chance we end up in Snowmass instead (know the Westin is a very different class of property)...we shall see.

Thanks much for the food advice.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Stayed here this summer and was pleased generally. I used points at 30K a night when rates were about $850/night on the website so decent value with $/point.

Platinums now only get $50 credit for breakfast which is JUST enough for two people to get a dish, excluding tip (in summer there's no buffet served). No spa access nor other choice. Pick spa, breakfast credit OR points.

Late checkout denied. No room upgrade.

As a bonus, there were some state government VIPs so the lobby was CRAWLING with poorly-suited state police officers the whole time, which was a bit weird.

Rooms were nice though and bed was wonderful.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Stayed here this summer and was pleased generally. I used points at 30K a night when rates were about $850/night on the website so decent value with $/point.

Platinums now only get $50 credit for breakfast which is JUST enough for two people to get a dish, excluding tip (in summer there's no buffet served). No spa access nor other choice. Pick spa, breakfast credit OR points.

Late checkout denied. No room upgrade.

As a bonus, there were some state government VIPs so the lobby was CRAWLING with poorly-suited state police officers the whole time, which was a bit weird.

Rooms were nice though and bed was wonderful.

No late check-out or room upgrade for a platinum during off-season? That is too bad.

How did you spend your time? I am wondering what activities one would do during non-ski season.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
It was very very busy.
In summer it was mostly relaxing by the pool, exploring town and light hiking. That easily filled 3-4 days. Could have done 7 days really and done some more ambitious hikes.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mangus
No late check-out or room upgrade for a platinum during off-season? That is too bad.

How did you spend your time? I am wondering what activities one would do during non-ski season.
Summer is not off-season in Aspen. From mid-June through Labor Day the town is busy and hotels are full (May, October, and November are off season). The common saying among locals is "I came for the winter, but stayed for the summers." In the winter you ski, eat, and drink. In the summer you have hiking, off roading, fishing, great golf courses, etc.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mrfussion
Summer is not off-season in Aspen. From mid-June through Labor Day the town is busy and hotels are full (May, October, and November are off season). The common saying among locals is "I came for the winter, but stayed for the summers." In the winter you ski, eat, and drink. In the summer you have hiking, off roading, fishing, great golf courses, etc.
This. Vail is similar.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by mrfussion
Aspen, Vail, Park City, Telluride Whistler... Don't forget mt. biking. And, those ski resorts usually have summer activities (alpine slides, coasters, zip lines, bike parks). No such thing as "off season" anymore. Just like above, there are so many activities to do in the Summer and Fall. I am one of those who did come for the winter, but I LOVE the Summer and Fall even more now. Those resorts also do a booming conference and convention business in the non-winter seasons. Some even offer Groupon in the non-winter (god, I hate those...). Rooms are NOT going empty by any stretch. What the hotels may do is lower staffing and amenities that you see in the winter.

The rates may be lower, but the hotels are all still full.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:51 pm

The hotel is blocking points redemption for the week of Christmas and New Years. I was attempting to book a couple rooms for New Years. What it appears the hotel did is zeroed out the entry level room inventory and are classifying all rooms as deluxe and above for the holiday. When I called SPG platinum line they noticed this and said they'd reach out to the hotel to see what's going on. But that was a couple weeks ago and no response. Has anyone had success getting space opened up in a similar situation? Or if the hotel wants to protect otherwise lucrative revenue rooms that's just kind of the way it works?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
After booking a points reservation (60k per night) it became clear that despite selling various premium rooms and suites online, no SNA requests would be accepted on my reservation. There was much back and forth but at the end of the day I learned that the category of suite / premium room must be currently available in order to request a SNA be applied, no more adding your request to a waitlist. In addition, they will not tell you which category of room / suite is normally available for SNA just if one is currently available.

A big positive was free local shuttle transportation (including airport) and the guys at the front drive were top notch, always ready to take you where you needed to go with helpful tips and advice as well. The evening champagne sabering in the courtyard and the constant fire in the lobby were also nice for atmosphere.

My room with a connecting door was not great through. The upgraded room was classified as grand deluxe because of the mountain view, it also faced the courtyard which had public fire pits and loud people into the evening. There was absolutely no insulation between the connecting doors which in combination with the super-powered slamming hallway doors made for a loud disruptive night. I found a hard mounted television unable to swivel to the seating area for easy viewing a serious shortcoming for such a property. The bathroom was fine with a (fairly tight) water closet, separate shower and bath but the shower drain was very slow leading to 2 inches of standing water during the shower. Apart from the stray sour patch candy on the floor, the rest of the room was in good condition.

For plat benefit I choose breakfast which was $50 credit per day which could be used in restaurant or room service. They nicely prepared a to-go breakfast for me on day of departure and left at front desk as my departure was before room service breakfast / restaurant service began.

The location was nice with easy walking distance around the town and I appreciated the free shuttle. However the overall experience was not worth the premium they are charging in my opinion.

Last edited by dc2005b; Nov 16, 2018 at 7:32 pm Reason: removed bolding of all text!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by dc2005b

The location was nice with easy walking distance around the town and I appreciated the free shuttle. However the overall experience was not worth the premium they are charging in my opinion.
This is similar to my experience at the property last year. Excellent service and great location, but I was underwhelmed by my room as a lifetime Plat. The shuttle service was great and I also got to borrow one of the hotel’s Lexus SUVs for a day to explore the area.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Don't want to sidetrack this thread (and thanks for the update on the breakfast credit; I'll add the info to the exec lounge sticky), but just noticed a W is opening in Aspen in June '19. Will start a thread on the W property as opening time gets closer. Now back to the St. Regis...
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:23 pm

I"m looking at a points reservation for Summer '19... never been here... for same rate I'm being shown Superior and Deluxe... any difference? Which would be the "better" room?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
Deluxe is a higher cat..
levilevi likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just booked points room for Xmas 2019

Had both deluxe and premium rooms for $60k/night. With the 5th night free and given they are currently listing $3800/night (!!!) for Xmas week, I’m looking forward to it. Usually ski in Deer Valley so Aspen is new to us - I assuming the St Regis’ will be similar in both places?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lawgirl28
Had both deluxe and premium rooms for $60k/night. With the 5th night free and given they are currently listing $3800/night (!!!) for Xmas week, I’m looking forward to it. Usually ski in Deer Valley so Aspen is new to us - I assuming the St Regis’ will be similar in both places?
I can't speak to the hotel itself, but the location of the SR in Aspen is amazing... just a block from the main strip of downtown Aspen. IIRC the SR Deer Valley is a little more removed from the action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.