Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Future St. Regis locations: when and where?

Future St. Regis locations: when and where?

Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i was replying to post re seattle (mentioned element) shouldve quoted
FS lost original after selling, new FS has condos, took a while to sell IIRC

if RCs not possible in london, paris, madrid, they may soon be possible
after some more luxury property sales, buyers will have to develop
also lots of reflags (RC - LM budapest, bal harbour condo hotel, st regis FLL)

id imagine marriott would start doing st regis reflags (maybe W?)
and things like new combination st regis in dubai for example
which marriott had also done before with RC LA Live
st regis and RC have done hotels with separate branded timeshare

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 23, 2017 at 6:41 pm
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
St Regis is a dead dying failed brand. Millenials will prove this over the next ten years at least stateside. I would not be surprised to see reflags unless StR really modifies what it does.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cfabar1
St Regis is a dead dying failed brand. Millenials will prove this over the next ten years at least stateside. I would not be surprised to see reflags unless StR really modifies what it does.
Do you wish to explain the data points you see or what your thought process is?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
St Regis is a dead dying failed brand. Millenials will prove this over the next ten years at least stateside.
Why would millenials even matter? It'll be at least 30 years until they would be able to stay at a StR in any significant numbers...
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:15 pm

It is clear Millenials do not like closets and do not like Butlers so CFabar1 has a point.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:19 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Centurion
It is clear Millenials do not like closets and do not like Butlers so CFabar1 has a point.
They may not but StR has strong corporate accounts.

Let's see how Hyatt's reorientation toward Millenials works out...

I dare say AirBnB will get far more business form this segment and it will affect all hotel chains in the future.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
2 new locations officially added, according to spg.com.

- st. regis bermuda (already mentioned somewhere upthread)

- st. regis los cabos, mexico
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
2 new locations officially added, according to spg.com.

- st. regis bermuda (already mentioned somewhere upthread)

- st. regis los cabos, mexico
^

The St. Regis Los Cabos Hotel & Residences - Opening January 1, 2021

The St. Regis Bermuda Resort - Opening January 1, 2019

They also pushed back the opening of St. Regis Kanai Resort, Riviera Maya from January 2018 to December 2018.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Just stayed in the St Regis Mumbai which used to be Palladium.
Excellent experience (though I maintain that pool is built on the wrong side of the hotel), but why not give the opportunity for a late check-out until 10PM for 50% of the cost? Anything after 6PM is charged as a full night.
Especially for guests on flights to Europe (mostly departing around midnight - 2AM) this could be a valuable enhancement attracting more customers.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Just stayed in the St Regis Mumbai which used to be Palladium.
Excellent experience (though I maintain that pool is built on the wrong side of the hotel), but why not give the opportunity for a late check-out until 10PM for 50% of the cost? Anything after 6PM is charged as a full night.
Especially for guests on flights to Europe (mostly departing around midnight - 2AM) this could be a valuable enhancement attracting more customers.
I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum for this query. But I think your expectation is unrealistic. Late checkout at 4 pm is a pretty nice perk already. What you're wanting isn't offered by any major hotel chain. Or most hotels for that matter.

Glad you enjoyed the StR Mumbai.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum for this query. But I think your expectation is unrealistic. Late checkout at 4 pm is a pretty nice perk already. What you're wanting isn't offered by any major hotel chain. Or most hotels for that matter.

Glad you enjoyed the StR Mumbai.

Tried looking for a thread on this but couldn't find anything appropriate, sorry for that.
I very much value the SPG Gold late check-out perk (4PM), and I am in no way saying I should be able to check-out for free by 10PM.
But in my experience many hotels allow evening check-out for a 50% charge, be it even 75%. I've honestly never been charged a full night when checking out around 9-10PM. As I'm a regular the MD granted me a discount but it wouldn't hurt if it were a general rule with many western pax flights arriving at BOM around 2200-0000 and leaving around 2300-0200. Of course supply & demand comes into play so perhaps there is no need for them to even offer such a perk.
Must say - great hotel. Quality definitely up since the change from Palladium to St Regis.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by The Wolf
Tried looking for a thread on this but couldn't find anything appropriate, sorry for that.
I very much value the SPG Gold late check-out perk (4PM), and I am in no way saying I should be able to check-out for free by 10PM.
But in my experience many hotels allow evening check-out for a 50% charge, be it even 75%. I've honestly never been charged a full night when checking out around 9-10PM. As I'm a regular the MD granted me a discount but it wouldn't hurt if it were a general rule with many western pax flights arriving at BOM around 2200-0000 and leaving around 2300-0200. Of course supply & demand comes into play so perhaps there is no need for them to even offer such a perk.
Must say - great hotel. Quality definitely up since the change from Palladium to St Regis.
That's where the SPG Platinum 75 nights benefit of Your24 may come in handy. So I'd say SPG is the only chain to offer anything to satisfy this particular interest. But no peer hotel to StR offers anything remotely similar to what you're requesting, so I think you may want to consider that. That includes FS, MO, Pen, RC, WA, and Aman.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhrubin
That's where the SPG Platinum 75 nights benefit of Your24 may come in handy. So I'd say SPG is the only chain to offer anything to satisfy this particular interest. But no peer hotel to StR offers anything remotely similar to what you're requesting, so I think you may want to consider that. That includes FS, MO, Pen, RC, WA, and Aman.
peninsula now advertises "Peninsula Time" on their website at all peninsulas

capella CEO also seemed to suggest it was brand offering, not just ex-DC etc

various different types of hotels publish 24 hour, early/late, flexible
various others negotiate when low occupancy (vs high occupancy)
cant recall if it was MO SIN club that used to do super late checkout

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 22, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

St Regis Toronto on the horizon?

Looks like the Trump Toronto soon may become the St Regis Toronto. ^

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ed-as-st-regis
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Really like the St. Regis, although for non-tycoons the butler service is a bit of an anomaly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.