Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Future St. Regis locations: when and where?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Future St. Regis locations: when and where?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:42 am

Any idea on opening of StR Longboat Key?
Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Not that bad for Melbourne. they still have W and Ritz-Carlton coming soon anyway unless these 2 were cancelled as well.

I doubt it wont happen as W Melbourne starts taking reservation for Feb 2021
and Ritz-Carlton supposedly following in 2021 as well
Ummm... I wouldn't count W as even remotely in the same league (or catering to the same clientele) as St Regis. So yes, count me as disappointed in this news (but not surprised)

Regards
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Interesting...St. Regis announced for Punta Cana: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...esidences.html
Old Dec 2, 2020, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Searched and didn't see Aruba mentioned, but StR Aruba is in development.

https://www.azure-aruba.com/news/hot...plex-in-aruba/
Old Dec 4, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker

Color me intrigued. Looking at the plot of land on google maps, it seems like it would have to be a pretty small property.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Color me intrigued. Looking at the plot of land on google maps, it seems like it would have to be a pretty small property.
Me too. We stay at the RC Aruba once every year or too. They've confirmed it as well, though don't know if COVID slowed it down.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
St. Regis Dubai, The Palm is now listed in the search results on the Marriott website. It will be a Category 8 property and is scheduled to open in May 2021.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker

Does anyone know if there has been any progress on construction? That article is from Sep 2018, I believe.

According to the below blurb, it seems like all rooms will face the ocean, which for me, makes it a more attractive points redemption option than the Ritz.

The internationally branded, five-star, luxury resort will be situated on Palm Beach and incorporating a popular public park. The project includes 200 guestrooms and suites as well as 22 residential units, all with ocean views. The design will feature locally sourced stone and natural boulders as structural elements, numerous terraces and pools for enhanced outdoor experiences, as well as five-star quality interiors.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by svo242
Does anyone know if there has been any progress on construction? That article is from Sep 2018, I believe.

According to the below blurb, it seems like all rooms will face the ocean, which for me, makes it a more attractive points redemption option than the Ritz.
From what I could find, the scheduled opening was "late 2022", which I can only imagine has not been sped up by covid. Images on Google Maps from Sept 2020 don't show many signs of progress.
https://www.familytc.com/single-post...-Aruba-Resorts
https://www.vacationsbyaruba.com/new...roved-beaches/
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
any update on St. Regis Longboat Key? I see the residences have sold well. What about normal hotel rooms?
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1
any update on St. Regis Longboat Key? I see the residences have sold well. What about normal hotel rooms?
I believe construction is not scheduled to start until July.
Old May 11, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by svo242

I walked past the site of the future St. Regis Aruba about 2 weeks ago, and construction was underway. There were about 40 workers doing survey work and preparing to install two tower cranes.

I was there last December and there was no activity at the site, so things appear to be picking up.
SPN Lifer, Mr. BoH, svo242 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I think the ship has sailed for a long time on a St Regis in London.
Ahem,

https://www.msn.com/en-ae/news/other...023/ar-AAUhDfI
SPN Lifer and Shangri-La like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
You like the location and the potential? I know it's the renovation (I think it's top-to-bottom, right?) and re-branding of the Westbury Hotel, so hopefully it hits a home run.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Shangri-La
You like the location and the potential? I know it's the renovation (I think it's top-to-bottom, right?) and re-branding of the Westbury Hotel, so hopefully it hits a home run.
Well it is not where the other 5 star hotels are, but it isn't too far. I like Shepherds Market, and I see there is a Burgers and Lobster nearby which is a fun choice. I see Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Vivienne Westwood nearby so that checks the usual St. Regis boxes. And of course Saville Row for men's suits.

It is far from the Tube, but if you are paying St Regis rates you can afford a taxi.

And yes I assume it has to be a top to bottom renovation even if they are keeping the bar.
Shangri-La likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.