Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheration Jumeirah Beach Resort Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheration Jumeirah Beach Resort Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:16 pm

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
And the rates will only get higher the closer it gets as you will be there whilst the Dubai Shopping Festival is on.

Apart from the World Cup races, it is one of their busiest times of year.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:36 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
In theory you could use the Best Rate Guarantee to get the Travelocity rate on spg.com....however, they include breakfast in that travelocity rate for a reason. Based on past practices, the BRG will be declined for matching the travelocity rate as it is not comparable (includes breakfast while the spg rate does not). That program really works to build goodwill for Starwood. What a scam.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 6:26 pm

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
Take a shot at the BRG. At the worst, it will get denied.

I recently applied for a BRG at the Sheraton in San Jose. Expedia and Hotels.com showed $79 + free breakfast.

SPG.com showed $189.

I tried for it anyways (ask for BRG first - THEN book) and they approved it.

I even got an emailed apology directly from the hotel's rev manager that the rate was offered on expedia (they had exp's booking engine fix it) and a promise that I would get my 2K BRG pts.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 7:15 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Can anyone share any info on this hotel especially the Towers rooms? It's around 3-4 times the price of other hotels in Dubai and I'm wondering whether it's really worth it.

Also, there does not seem to EVER be any availabiliy using Cash and Points at this hotel. Has anyone been able to book this by maybe contacting the hotel directly and asking for it?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 5:52 am

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Can anyone share any info on this hotel especially the Towers rooms? It's around 3-4 times the price of other hotels in Dubai and I'm wondering whether it's really worth it.

Also, there does not seem to EVER be any availabiliy using Cash and Points at this hotel. Has anyone been able to book this by maybe contacting the hotel directly and asking for it?
I am taking my chances in January, so you need to bear with me till then.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:41 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Depends which other hotels you're talking about. As the other Starwoods along Jumeirah Beach don't participate in SPG, I never even considered them. If you're comparing to the SPG participating Starwoods, then none of them are beach located so it depends what you're after. I've stayed at the Al Sondos Suites by Le Méridien (close to the airport) and that's an unremarkable downtown location - wouldn't want to be having a holiday there. I've stayed at the Sheraton Dubai Creek, and while that's more leisure friendly (pool, next to the creek), it's not a resort. So the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach resort is really the only location participating in SPG which is truly a leisure location (pool, garden, semi-private beach). It has a lounge serving hot/cold breakfast, and does a happy hour in the evening with free alcohol and light snacks.

So it depends what you're after; this is pleasant enough but if you're after the full Dubai experience then you're perhaps better off looking at The Atlantis, Madinat Jumeirah etc. Wherever you go, everything is expensive in Dubai.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by SLF
Wherever you go, everything is expensive in Dubai.
Had a great stay at the 4-pts downtown the other day. Very nice suite upgrade, outstanding service, close to the airport, for about $125 U.S.

Not a resort by any means, but a very comfortable, inexpensive room for one night between flights. I would not hesitate to return.

Cheers,
Old Nov 22, 2009, 1:58 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Flews
Had a great stay at the 4-pts downtown the other day. Very nice suite upgrade, outstanding service, close to the airport, for about $125 U.S.

Not a resort by any means, but a very comfortable, inexpensive room for one night between flights. I would not hesitate to return.

Cheers,
The Al Sondos suites were inexpensive also (I think less than 500AED) and very close to the airport; however I don't see much point in a leisure trip to Dubai staying in a downtown location like that unless budget is tight (business & in-transit trips clearly have different criteria to satisfy) - if it is then perhaps consider somewhere else other than Dubai.

Don't get me wrong - that hotel was great, we had a lovely room, there is a small pool and you could no doubt take an inexpensive taxi to the beach, or Wild Wadi etc.

Sydfly's question was whether the SJBR is worth the additional cost compared to some "other hotels" - and I'm trying to explain it from my perspective. E.g. if you need to easily be able to walk from your room to the beach, then the SJBR delivers - but you pay for the privilege.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 3:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I'm booked on a 5 day award at the Sheraton Jumeirah with the family next february, and Tripadvisor as well as FT has very diverse reviews over time. And like in this thread much time is spent discussing the many non-SPG Starwood hotels and cheaper locations for short stop than on detailed reports from the Sheraton Jumeirah.

We were at the Jumeirah Hilton October last year, and in my opinion the beach location is very nice if you're on a vacation/family trip. more relaxing to stay at the beach and travel for Malls and Creek area than the other way round.

We've also booked two days at the Al Aqah Meridien on the east coast to do some snorkeling (underwater experience is not very good on the Dubai coast). Unfortunately this hotel doesn't participate in SPG

Any recent info on Plat treatment at the Jumeirah Sheraton ?

Any recent comparison with the Jumeirah Hilton (Club/Exec rooms, lounge, dining, pool) ?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:41 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
How much would a taxi cost from the airport to the hotel at night (around 1am)? The hotel offered me a pick-up from the airport for AED165 but this seems very steep...

I have given up on getting a C&P award and booked a Club room instead. Hope it's worth the price difference compared to the other hotels in Dubai.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by raunow
I'm booked on a 5 day award at the Sheraton Jumeirah with the family next february, and Tripadvisor as well as FT has very diverse reviews over time. And like in this thread much time is spent discussing the many non-SPG Starwood hotels and cheaper locations for short stop than on detailed reports from the Sheraton Jumeirah.
Stayed there around NY holidays. Despite super high-season - no rooms were available on web site for the dates of my stay, I was upgraded proactively to Junior Suite and was given access to Towers club lounge. Enjoyed both features a lot.

Hotel was filled with 100% mix of Russians and Italians. In general this a bit tired property, but they try hard to please their guests, so positive stay overall.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:07 am

How much would a taxi cost from the airport to the hotel at night (around 1am)? The hotel offered me a pick-up from the airport for AED165 but this seems very steep...

I have given up on getting a C&P award and booked a Club room instead. Hope it's worth the price difference compared to the other hotels in Dubai.
It was around 80 (+/-) AED by regular taxi from airport.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 5:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Merlion
Stayed there around NY holidays. Despite super high-season - no rooms were available on web site for the dates of my stay, I was upgraded proactively to Junior Suite and was given access to Towers club lounge. Enjoyed both features a lot.

Hotel was filled with 100% mix of Russians and Italians. In general this a bit tired property, but they try hard to please their guests, so positive stay overall.
Thanks for the report. Were you upgraded on a paid or award stay ? Any othe Platinum perks ?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by raunow
Thanks for the report. Were you upgraded on a paid or award stay ? Any othe Platinum perks ?
I was on paid stay. Had 2 rooms. Upgrade benefits applied to only one room per *Wood terms and conditions as expected.

I have asked for 500 points per my normal request.

Access to Towers Club Lounge was granted, which is in my opinion a benefit above T&C, since this is Sheraton. You can have your breakfast there till 10:30, after that time, Plat guests can take breakfast at the restaurant below, which closes at 11:00 and in my opinion this is a fantastic feature of this hotel above expected.

Drinks in the evening 6-8 are nice touch as well, but was not impressed with selection of wine. Beers are OK as usual. Tea can be served during the whole day per your request.

30 mins of Internet access per day from laptops placed in the lounge was given as well. Please note that use of your own laptop for 30 mins is not allowed, only lounge based laptops are allowed.

Kirill
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:05 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I'm planning to stay in Dubai next month for a week, getting 2 rooms, This hotel is at the exact rate as the Grosvenor house, Which one you guys suggest?

With the new promo I'll be getting 5000 *points more at the Sheraton. Is it really worth the extra 5000 *points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.