Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Sunnyvale CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Sunnyvale CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2002, 12:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Sunnyvale CA [Master Thread]

any experience with Sheraton - Sunnyvale CA ?
Old Apr 20, 2002, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
It has a very "motel" feel - I have stayed there probably 3 times, but it has been awhile. On the other hand, its a perfectly acceptable property.
Old Apr 20, 2002, 2:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
Sheraton San Jose in Milpitas is nicer, though neither is anything to write home about. SJ has much less of a motel feel.

Old Apr 20, 2002, 2:03 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
I have alot of experience with that property, as I stay there several weeks for the past 2 years - including the past couple of weeks. Honestly, I hate it --- its convenient for me to where I work, but the rooms feel cheap and -yes- motelish. The upgrades are no big event (PLAT or GOLD); but the staff is always very nice.

The restaurant (FAZ) is always pretty good.

I usually go out of my way to stay at the W Suites Newark - where I have been spoiled, particularly recently - with some amazing suites, great beds, awesome staff. The only problem is it is about 20 min from where I work and it is also in a remote location.

Im not a big fan of the Sheraton San Jose either.
Old Apr 20, 2002, 2:54 pm

I live in the bay area and have been "staying" at the Sheraton Sunnyvale and Sheraton Four Points over the last few weekends ($59 via click-it) to bump up the stay counter while on the stays count double promo. I expected that the Four Points would not be quite as nice as the Sheraton, but was blown away with how nice the Four Points was. Nicer lobby, bigger, better rooms, and the Faultline Brewery is right next door. Take a look.
Old Apr 20, 2002, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Its about my fourth choice when I go to Sunnyvale. I like the motel feel description.. its ok, but you can do better
Old Apr 20, 2002, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Sheraton Sunnyvale at $59 is worth the price. I would not want to pay much more than that though...
Old Apr 21, 2002, 7:29 pm

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
I have found the Sheraton Sunnyvale stingy on upgrades. I have been overcharged by FAZ, the acclaimed restaurant.

At the Four Points, they have on several occassions upgraded me to this really nice two floor suite, and, as noted, the VERY nice Faultline Brewery is but stagg..., I mean, walking distance away!
Old Mar 28, 2003, 7:37 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Recent read on Sheraton Sunnyvale please.

I did a search. Nothing recent except a person having trouble getting credit for spg.com prepaid stay. Something I'll probably have to deal with later. Can anyone tell me about treatment of Plats recently and how was stay? Looks like a older property. Please advise. Thanks
Old Mar 28, 2003, 8:00 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Good morning,

I stayed at this hotel two weeks ago and would gladly stay again. I am Platinum and was upgraded to the Club Level (it seems to be one wing of the hotel, right near the lobby).

It may not be the prettiest hotel but service was great, the room was a nice size and the Club Lounge had very good food for both evening and morning.

Other pluses include high speed internet access, good restaurant, great location for Sunnyvale or Mountain View customers, close to the airport
Old Mar 28, 2003, 9:23 am

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
Hi ... I stay there often and they treat PLT very well (at least me) with always a upgrade to CLUB with their Cont'l Bfast and evening snacks/drinks. The hotel isnt the prettiest and is more of a fancy motel, but I love the restaurant associated with it and the great service/staff.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 9:52 am

I completely agree with everyone. Not a bad hotel at all for this area. Granted, it's not the prettiest, but the free high-speed internet connection (in the club level) and the outstanding staff in the club lounge more than make up for it. Room is typical older Sheraton.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I assume the lounge is closed on the weekends? Their rates are really low and I was thinking about heading down for a night to rack up some credit towards the Y-whatever bonus I'm registered for...

[This message has been edited by snorkmaster (edited 03-28-2003).]
Old Mar 28, 2003, 10:06 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Same as me. I'm outbound and going for the stay before flight. My reservation has been "taken" over by Sheraton so let the upgrade begin. Thanks
Old Mar 28, 2003, 10:11 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE:
I did a search. Nothing recent except a person having trouble getting credit for spg.com prepaid stay. Something I'll probably have to deal with later. Can anyone tell me about treatment of Plats recently and how was stay? Looks like a older property. Please advise. Thanks</font>
Being the aforementioned person. I have to say that this was cleared up quickly by the Lurker. Appearently the problem was that the pre-paid rate had been entered in the system as non-starpoints eligible. Hopefully this won't be an issue for you.

As Gold I was treated very nicely. Upgraded to SPG/Club building. Room had a fridge and other typical Sheraton club amenities (e.g. robe). Was given two vouchers for the breakfast buffet at the restaurant without asking (this was on a weekend, perhaps the club room has a breakfast during the week).

I was mildly annoyed at first that the restaurant would not let us order off the menu and use the vouchers for restaurant credit, but quickly realized that the breakfast buffet was quite good (choice of cereals, milk, juices, bacon, french toast, scrambled eggs (not over cooked), bread and toast with a toaster available, granola, bacon, and sausage). In retrospect I was glad that we went with the buffet.

The hotel does seem to have a resident (likely unofficial) cat wandering around the grounds. Although wary of people, it seemed too well fed, and too familiar with navigating stairways and walkways not to be a resident.

It is an older property, and as been described before is in the style of an improved motel with very nice landscaping. It is two story with rooms opening to internal hallways. One downside is no elevator, so you might want to request first floor if you don't want to lug your stuff up stairs.

For weekend stays, it is probably the best value in the area (Sheraton San Jose, and Four Points Sunnyvale are typically about 10 bucks cheaper but don't give you the breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.