Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Mumbai, India [Master Thread]

St. Regis Mumbai, India [Master Thread]

Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
In that case, here goes:
Attached Images    
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just finished my 3rd stay here....once again no upgrade given even though they had every room type available for sale online....

i'm now starting to debate shifting all my stays here from the westin & itc....the st. regis is the most expensive of the 3 properties....i like the lounge at all 3 properties....the breakfast at the westin & st. regis is on par....i always get a suite at the westin & a suite at the itc most of the time but the st. regis doesn't even upgrade me to the next category up, let alone give me a suite....

the st. regis is a nice property but not worth the extra price in my opinion....i think i'm going back to the westin or itc from next time, depending on which area of mumbai i need to be in....
Old Feb 24, 2016, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
just finished my 3rd stay here....once again no upgrade given even though they had every room type available for sale online....

i'm now starting to debate shifting all my stays here from the westin & itc....the st. regis is the most expensive of the 3 properties....i like the lounge at all 3 properties....the breakfast at the westin & st. regis is on par....i always get a suite at the westin & a suite at the itc most of the time but the st. regis doesn't even upgrade me to the next category up, let alone give me a suite....

the st. regis is a nice property but not worth the extra price in my opinion....i think i'm going back to the westin or itc from next time, depending on which area of mumbai i need to be in....
Hey Keyser, I thought I'd better give my views here than at the ITC forum.

Yes, upgrades are really non-existent here. But I only got an upgrade in 1 of my 3 stays at the ITC, and the standard rooms at the St Regis are light-years nicer than the tired rooms at the ITC. The Westin has by far the best rooms, upgrades, and the lounge is one of the best I've had anywhere in the world. But the location...

Breakfast at the St Regis (free for Plats) is on a different level. Sure, the spread at the Westin is big, but I find the actual food uninspiring at best. I like the ITC's breakfast, but it just doesn't compare to the St Regis.

Finally, location-wise the St Regis is still the best for me. The sea/racecourse views are amazing. And the convenience of having the Phoenix Mall right there, with bars, restaurants, supermarkets is second to none. Until SPG gets a property in Colaba, I think this is by far the best-located SPG property in Mumbai.

I know it's my personal opinion and we each may have our different priorities, but I'll take the lack of upgrades at the St Regis any day over the "shortcomings" of the Westin & ITC. And at 7k points it's a steal! The Westin at U$200/10K points just isn't worth it: at these rates I'll take the Oberoi. The ITC is still the best cash value at around U$115 weekend rates, but your points go much further at the St Regis...

Just my 2 cents.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by RafKa
I know it's my personal opinion and we each may have our different priorities, but I'll take the lack of upgrades at the St Regis any day over the "shortcomings" of the Westin & ITC. And at 7k points it's a steal! The Westin at U$200/10K points just isn't worth it: at these rates I'll take the Oberoi. The ITC is still the best cash value at around U$115 weekend rates, but your points go much further at the St Regis...

Just my 2 cents.
fair enough....for me it all depends on which area of mumbai i need to be in....if i have work in the suburbs then i stay at the westin....it doesn't matter what price i'm paying for the room....if i have to be near town then i stay at the itc but my last 3 stays have been at the st. regis....

i'm not big on breakfast so that is never a factor on were i stay....i like the lounge at the itc a little better....upgrades are not such a big deal since i end up spending the majority of time outside the room but i do end up getting a suite at the itc most of the time while the st. regis won't even upgrade me up to the next category room....

i'm never using points at these properties since all my trips to mumbai are work related....if i was using points then i might consider the st. regis but for a revenue stay i find the itc to be better value....
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: AA-ex EXP, PLT, LTG, MVP-Gold, UA-Silver, SPG-LTG, PLT, HH-D, Hyatt-D,
St Regis Mumbai - Category 3 : March 01, 2016

As per the new Starwood changes will change from a Category 4 to a category 3 as of March 01, 2016. Good time for point redemption for anyone wanting to redeem !

Great value for money -.. it is currently pegged at 10,000 SPG points , should drop to 7,000 SPG points or 3,500 points and 55 $ for cash and points
(SPG points are valued at 2.2)
Old Mar 27, 2016, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i had one more stay already booked here which i didn't bother changing to the itc....i wasn't planning on giving any more stays to the st. regis so thought i would use a suite night to see what a suite looks like here....

5 days out i was upgraded to a st. regis suite....at check-in they further upgraded to me an apartment suite....very nicely laid out....small kitchen, dining room, large living room, 2 bathrooms & a very spacious bedroom....one of the nicer rooms i have ever received at any spg property....not sure if this upgrade will bring me back to the st. regis again since i don't know if they will continue to give suite upgrades if i don't use a sna....
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by RafKa
Yes, they do at Li Bai. I even took photos of the drnks and snack menu, but can't post them because i haven't got access to a hosting service!
Well that's still a nice touch. How about the afternoon tea offering in the lobby?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:43 am

Hi Keyser

What ITC is your favorite?

Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:45 am

PLT benefits

Greetings of the Day!!

We thank you for being an elite SPG Platinum Member with us. We Value your
Patronage and continuous support towards our brand.

This is to inform you about your benefits as a Platinum Preferred Guest.

1. 3 Star points per eligible US dollar spent*
2. Complimentary late checkout till 16:00 hrs, Subject to availability.
3. WELCOME AMENITY during your stay with us:
500 SPG Points OR Local Gift
4. Complimentary access to daily cocktail hours in venue Li-Bai, from 18:00 hrs to 20:00 hrs at level 37
5. Complimentary buffet breakfast in venue Seven Kitchens, from 06:30 hrs till 10:30 hrs at Level 9M
6. Complimentary Internet access via your last name and room number as user name and password respectively.
7. Access to Personal Profile
8. 15% discount of food and Soft beverage in venue Seven Kitchen, Level 9M.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by rafernandes
As per the new Starwood changes will change from a Category 4 to a category 3 as of March 01, 2016. Good time for point redemption for anyone wanting to redeem !

Great value for money -.. it is currently pegged at 10,000 SPG points , should drop to 7,000 SPG points or 3,500 points and 55 $ for cash and points
(SPG points are valued at 2.2)
Shows at Cat 4 as of today
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry
Originally Posted by chanp
2. Complimentary late checkout till 16:00 hrs, Subject to availability.
Hmm...
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Back to category 4 again.

Just FYI.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Back to category 4 again.

Just FYI.
Yep.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chanp
Hi Keyser

What ITC is your favorite?

Thanks
itc grand central....
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Hmm...
they always say 'subject to availability' but they never refuse the 4pm checkout....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.