Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

Seclusion Day Information: March 21, 2015 and March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the Day of Silence, marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2015, Nyepi will fall on Saturday, March 21 and Wednesday, March 9 in 2016. Please note that check-in and check-out will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Arwana Restaurant. Cascade Bar and Sapphire bar will close at 6pm. Kul Kul Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Sunday, March 22, 2015 and Thursday, March 10 in 2016.

Compulsory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

On December 31, 2015, there is a compulsory New Years Eve dinner for all guests staying over this date. Rate starts from 250 USD per adult and 85 USD per child (6 to 12 years of age). Checkouts on December 31, 2015 are not permitted.

Guests are required to pay the additional charges directly to the hotel upon arrival. The hotel will contact guests prior to arrival regarding the mandatory charges and to provide additional information.

Print Wikipost

The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
I think a number of people here have used Dewa Marco and his team of drivers and been quite pleased. I'm not sure what the benefit is of hiring both a concierge and car. You should be able to get a nice car and driver for about $50 total (even the more expensive cars shouldn't be more than $70 a day with driver). Save the rest for a nice lunch or dinner at La Lucciola in Seminyak.
I used Marco in Feb2010 and was very pleased. I return to Bali next month and have already booked his services.

Just redeemed by SPG free night from the promo earlier this year for the Laguna in mid September. Looking forward to the free say. ^
Old Sep 5, 2011, 3:00 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Just had a 4 night reward stay at the resort. Upgraded to a really nice suite close to the beach. Staff were all really friendly and well trained.

Location is not great with limited shopping options on the doorstep without hiring a motorbike or something to get out of the 5* hotel complex.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by newshound

Location is not great with limited shopping options on the doorstep without hiring a motorbike or something to get out of the 5* hotel complex.
Transport is cheap and available at the front steps of the Hotel.
Some people enjoy the relative tranquility compared to Kuta (30 mins away), others long for the nightclubs and partying of Seminyak.
It all depends on what you are looking for and why you are in Bali...are you with your family or are you a single looking for the party scene? Bali has it all.
Nusa Dua is not for everyone but I find it a quiet retreat from the more arduous places. Bali does indeed has something for everyone.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by newshound
Just had a 4 night reward stay at the resort. Upgraded to a really nice suite close to the beach. Staff were all really friendly and well trained.

And did you get free breakfast as a platinum member? Did you ask for it?

Isn't the Bali collection fairly close to the hotel? They have a bunch of restaurants there, plus a small grocery store, a SOGO, and some shops. It's nothing like what you'd see in Kuta, but it's fine to pass the time.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 8:38 am
soy

Programs: various
Don't think any of the Bali SPG hotels offer free plat breakfast
Old Sep 11, 2011, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by soy
Don't think any of the Bali SPG hotels offer free plat breakfast
At least all the paid rates at St Regis appear to include breakfast. Stayed at the Laguna last week and was really "pushing" the breakfast in a nice way. The lady didn't give in even when I noted that they no longer had L'Occitane products in the bathroom.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would you recommend .......

this property for a stay with kids, who like to swimm at the beach / and pool?
Is the hotel directly on the beach/has beach access?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Its got a couple of lovely pools but I wasn't too impressed with the beach.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Starwood next door in Nusa Dua, IIRC Westin, seems to be much more kid friendly with playground areas and slides, etc. in a pool.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
I prefer the Laguna to the Westin. However the Westin has a pretty decent Kids Club (if your kids are under 10, they would probably enjoy the club). It is free for guests of the Westin, and guests from Laguna may use it as well (though at a cost - not sure the amount but around $40 per day per kid). The main Westin pool is surprisingly very deep -- but there are other pools around. Overall, I prefer the Laguna pools though.

The Westin had recently renovated their rooms. Pre renovation, Plat recognition and benefits were some of the best. Post renovation, Plat benefits during my trip in July were basically nothing.

The beach is nothing too special, but the water is warm and if your kids are young, they will probably enjoy the shallow and usually calm waters.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks all for the reply. A question re beach access: According to the map at the SPG.com the beach seems to be some 700 yards away from the hotel. So, is part of the property at the beach front, or do you have to walk from the hotel to a public beach? Per map, it appears there is a street to cross from the hotel to the beach.

Last edited by cesco.g; Oct 28, 2011 at 5:44 pm Reason: added detail
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:12 am
soy

Programs: various
Thanks all for the reply. A question re beach access: According to the map at the SPG.com the beach seems to be some 700 yards away from the hotel. So, is part of the property at the beach front, or do you have to walk from the hotel to a public beach? Per map, it appears there is a street to cross from the hotel to the beach.
No street to cross to get to the beach. There is basically a footpath that runs along the length of the beach and joins all the hotels together.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lallyr
Its got a couple of lovely pools but I wasn't too impressed with the beach.
The 'lagoons' are awesome. We had one of the lagoon-access rooms; wasted many an hour floating around in those things.

The beach wasn't anything to write home about; not as majestic a view as what you would see on the west side of Bali, not as clean/pretty as what you would find in St. John
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pokeable
The 'lagoons' are awesome. We had one of the lagoon-access rooms; wasted many an hour floating around in those things.

The beach wasn't anything to write home about; not as majestic a view as what you would see on the west side of Bali, not as clean/pretty as what you would find in St. John
Yeah I would recommend paying for a upgrade to a lagoon access room. We were the only one with access to ours as the hotel was quite empty. I wasn't too impressed with the beach especially when the tide was out. It was quite messy.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pokeable

Originally Posted by lallyr
Yeah I would recommend paying for a upgrade to a lagoon access room. We were the only one with access to ours as the hotel was quite empty. I wasn't too impressed with the beach especially when the tide was out. It was quite messy.
Remember that the lagoon access rooms cannot be occupied by folks with children as it is a safety issue.

To me, the lagoons were very old swimming pools, not nearly as attractive as the main pool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.