Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

Seclusion Day Information: March 21, 2015 and March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2015, Nyepi will fall on Saturday, March 21 and Wednesday, March 9 in 2016. Please note that check-in and check-out will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Arwana Restaurant. Cascade Bar and Sapphire bar will close at 6pm. Kul Kul Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Sunday, March 22, 2015 and Thursday, March 10 in 2016.

Compulsory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

On December 31, 2015, there is a compulsory New Year’s Eve dinner for all guests staying over this date. Rate starts from 250 USD per adult and 85 USD per child (6 to 12 years of age). Checkouts on December 31, 2015 are not permitted.

Guests are required to pay the additional charges directly to the hotel upon arrival. The hotel will contact guests prior to arrival regarding the mandatory charges and to provide additional information.

Print Wikipost

The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, WS Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Bravada04
We are thinking about Bali in February next year......very curious what dates you were there and what the weather was like in regards to rain this time of year? Never been and I understand it is rainy season but what does that mean?
We were there the end of January and it rained pretty much every day. Some days it was just in the late afternoon, others it was on and off all day. It never seems to rain more than 20-30 minutes at a time though, although when it is raining, it’s raining hard.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:16 am

Your pics sure don't look like rain everyday? ....enough sun to get a tan over several days?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, WS Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Your pics sure don't look like rain everyday? ....enough sun to get a tan over several days?
Tropical downpours, sunshine and clouds. Pretty mixed bag each day, some better than others but still managed to get a tan and luckily didn’t stop us from doing most things. The week before we got there it rained a lot more although there were no signs of flooding while we were there.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
At the Laguna yesterday:

Good:
- 60 min Balinese Massage voucher for being LT Gold
- Very low rate of 160,000 ($110), even cash&points would have been 6k+$110
- Upgraded to Ocean View Deluxe Suite (don't really like it though, it's too big and uncomfortable)

Con:
- Contacted the hotel ahead of time to get the Lagoon Access Suite/Studio again yet was assigned the suite. Another Platinum friend traveling with me got the Lagoon Suite instead even though he didn't care for it. Doesn't make any sense.
- When receiving baggage and items taken from the car upon arrival my jacket was compacted by the staff like a football. Never seen something like this. Made them iron it.
- They lost track of my laundry for half a day. Nobody knew where it was. Got it back 30 min before going to the airport.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Mar 11, 2018 at 7:58 am
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
How was the weather?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
How was the weather?
Excellent as far as I'm concerned. Stayed for one week.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Nice pics @KelownaGuy. Makes me want to go back!!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:39 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I just did a tour of the Laguna and took some pictures of the specials they have going on. Perhaps they are of interest to others. Otherwise the property seems like a good choice for a stay in a resort area of Bali.

Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:04 pm

Great Stay in July

I am 100 night Platinum and used points to stay for 5 nights. Dollar wise it isn't super pricey so it isn't the best use of points but the point price was reasonable.

Had a lagoon view room. No upgrade as they were booked. The guy apologized. But really didn't matter. The room was nice. Spacious. Clean.

The property is gorgeous - the pool complex is crazy large. It's a pretty resort.

The service was impeccable. Everyone was so nice.

I liked the beach - it definitely is a resort bubble in Bali. May be a con but I didn't care I liked it. I liked being on the ocean. The beach is public. There were some hawkers but they were not aggressive at all.

The only negative was the beach and pool chairs. You need to get out there early to claim seats because by 11a (or earlier) they are gone. I couldn't even find 1 chair alone anywhere on the beach the one day. I also recommend getting towels the night before so then when you wake up you can go and put them on a chair in case the towel hut doesn't yet have towels (I speak from experience).
It's ridiculous actually but they don't police the chairs and everyone else does it. So you'll lose out if you don't.

The cabanas are also nice to rent but not right on the beach (just fyi).

We went up to Ubud after for 6 nights but wished we ended in Nusa Dua. Just a relaxing stay.

The food service on the beach was slow. I preferred the Deli for a quick bite.

The workout facility was very nice. you can use the spa locker room and sauna/steam room.

The spa was also lovely.

I never left the property. My friend did once and said there was a mall nearby.

Last edited by worldtravel123; Aug 17, 2018 at 8:06 pm Reason: Adding more information
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:12 am

Considering booking a villa at the Laguna for a few days in late February. Wondering if anyone can share their experiences in the villas. Looks lovely from the pictures but want to know the real scoop. Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Anyone have email address of their GM - Lucia Liu?
I am planning a stay in Bali and want to see what hotels will accommodate my family of 5 across 2 rooms along with extension of Plat benefits.
I have had good luck asking ahead of time
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by girlsmom4
Considering booking a villa at the Laguna for a few days in late February. Wondering if anyone can share their experiences in the villas. Looks lovely from the pictures but want to know the real scoop. Thanks!
Check the details, including location. When I was there several years ago, I saw signs in two different areas for villas.

There were a few villa units in what looked like a big two story house on the beach, to the right as you face the sea and almost between the hotel and the beach. These looked elegant and seemed to have their own fairly large pool. I assume that these were all large suites designed for families, although I recall seeing signage for special (presidential type) suites in the main building of the hotel.

There were some newly constructed units that looked like timeshare townhouses near the main entrance gate to the property. To me, the location was bad as you would have had to walk through the entire resort to get to the beach. There would have been no views and nothing attractive about these units.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:30 pm

Hi,

does anyone know what I can expect as Platinum Premier at the moment?

Are they offering any complimentary tea time or cocktail happy hours?

Thanks!

Last edited by MrSnoot78; Oct 11, 2018 at 4:31 pm
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
Any updates on this resort - looking to book 5 nights in Nusa Dua and dont have enough points for St R
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

There were a few villa units in what looked like a big two story house on the beach, to the right as you face the sea and almost between the hotel and the beach. These looked elegant and seemed to have their own fairly large pool. I assume that these were all large suites designed for families, although I recall seeing signage for special (presidential type) suites in the main building of the hotel.

There were some newly constructed units that looked like timeshare townhouses near the main entrance gate to the property. To me, the location was bad as you would have had to walk through the entire resort to get to the beach. There would have been no views and nothing attractive about these units.
The 2 story villa you speak of at the front the resort is the Owner's personal residence.

The villas we can book are indeed at the rear of the resort in a secluded area. They are grouped together in a circle/U-shape with shared common grounds in the middle. Each with their own pool and private surrounds though.

Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
Are they offering any complimentary tea time or cocktail happy hours?
There are no additional benefits for Plat+ at this property other than usual breakfast and upgrades etc. I’m told management are looking into providing some sort of club lounge or designated area for Plats sometime in the future. Presumably this would be located in or nearby one of the ballrooms in front of the lobby lounge.

Until that time, Kulkul bar has 2for1 drinks 6-7pm, and you can walk 70 meters next door to Ikan bar (Westin) for their happy from 5-7. Both properties allow cross charge to your stay folio.

Last edited by Gold_Member; Nov 26, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.